New Nine Inch Nails Coming

flyersgal

Apr 27, 2013
I will give the new album an honest listen. NIN deserves that much. But I'm cautiously pessimistic. (and just read a review that said it is a good soundtrack for house work)

WHAT? I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I highly disagree with this review. Get a good pair of headphones when you listen to the new album. This is the most layered, complex work he's done since The Fragile. I absolutely love the new album. Also, I agree that The Slip isn't Trent's strongest work, but even his weaker music is better than the crap music that's been dominating the radio/music charts for a while now.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Personally I love "Everything", which I guess puts me in the extreme minority. But I've always preferred Reznor's more accessible, melodic side.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Oh man, you're right. It's constructed to maximize hateability and the eyeliner amplifies that.

I can't imagine what that voice sounds like live. Simply terrible.

i was another one that saw them during the NIN/ja tour a few years back. Although I finally got to scratch Jane's Addiction off of my list of bands that I've wanted to see, Perry's voice is not just gone, but long gone. The high range that he had in some songs in the 80s didn't exist in 2009 and I'm sure won't be any better in 2013.

RJ8812*

I like it. But I think it's lacking that one "**** you" song that every NIN album has (ie: Terrible Lie, Gave Up, Mr. Self Destruct, Somewhat Damaged, Star****ers Inc, The Hand That Feeds, Survivalism, 1,000,000)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I haven't finished it yet so I can't comment on the **** You song, but so far I like what I'm hearing. A few tracks have a strong funk element, I like it.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Gotta admit better than I expected. I wish it was heavier, but it does have its own intensity about it. Trent just please scream a few times!!!

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Pop singer and Nickelodeon TV star Ariana Grande stormed to the top of the Billboard 200 album chart on Wednesday with her debut "Yours Truly," staving off new entries from Tamar Braxton, Nine Inch Nails and John Legend.

"Yours Truly" sold 138,000 copies in its first week, according to figures from Nielsen SoundScan. It was helped by Grande's catchy lead single, "Love the Way," with rapper Mac Miller, which has been a staple on the radio this summer.

The strong chart debut for Grande, 20, tops a busy summer for the singer-actress, who has burst out of her Nickelodeon spotlight to capture audience attention with her vast vocal range, earning comparisons to singers such as Mariah Carey.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013...30911?feedType=RSS&feedName=entertainmentNews

Should I assume you guys prefer her to NIN? ;)

RJ8812*

The show this past Friday in TO was great

Trent always brings it!

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
The show this past Friday in TO was great

Trent always brings it!

I was there too, couldn't believe the light show, just incredible stuff.

I hoped it wouldn't be the case but my mind did wander into wishing it was a better setlist. The old stuff just sounded so fantastic compared to the newer songs. Such is life I suppose.

That said, Trent's voice is so rich and aggressive live, and sounded much better than I thought it might.

Fantastic show, I'd give it an 8.5/10.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I was also at the Toronto show. From the 300's, I had a direct view of how ****** the crowd was. Upper bowl (all sitting) and floor (minus the first three rows) wasn't moving, the lower bowl had the most energy and looked pretty fun.

Hard to blame them though, the crowd was a generational divide of 30+ year old fans who only went to see everything The Fragile and back while the other half was there to see everything With Teeth and forward.

As a fan of all of Reznor's work including this last album, I thought the setlist awesome. I would've liked a little more Downward Spiral but whatever. The production and stage set-up was absolutely amazing. I just wish the crowd was better.

Also, Explosions in the Sky was amazing (I am a big fan), very unfortunate that most of the crowd couldn't give two *****.

Lastly, Trent's arms are gigantic. I would totally subscribe to a Trent Reznor workout DVD. "The Arms that Feed."

Last edited:

Gobias Industries

Aug 29, 2007
Toronto
Hard to blame them though, the crowd was a generational divide of 30+ year old fans who only went to see everything The Fragile and back while the other half was there to see everything With Teeth and forward.

So true, and I'm the former.

Also disappointed in the pit performance...haha...I was in the 100 level seats (my section never sat down btw) with the girlfriend and when March of the Pigs started I said, "I'd pay money to be in that pit because it's going to get insane."

Yeah, it never really got insane.

RJ8812*

Also, did the opening band just play one long song?

I was only there to see the last 15 minutes of their set, and it was just one song, with no lyrics, and ****** guitars

:laugh:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Also, did the opening band just play one long song?

I was only there to see the last 15 minutes of their set, and it was just one song, with no lyrics, and ****** guitars

:laugh:

Explosions in the Sky has 8 - 9 minute songs and they were fantastic. Unfortunately their music is more akin to smaller venues - the sound technicians had no idea how to mix them because a lot of their music is based around dynamics.

This is their most popular and one of their most critically acclaimed songs. I suggest it.

RJ8812*

Exposions in the Sky has 8 - 9 minute songs and they were fantastic. Unfortunately their music is more akin to smaller venues - the sound technicians had no idea how to mix them because a lot of their music is based around dynamics.

This is their most popular and one of their most critically acclaimed songs. I suggest it.

nah

I thought they were brutal

Not my cup of tea

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/...ns-of-the-stone-age-announce-australian-tour/

Nine Inch Nails/Queens of the Stone Age Tour Dates:
03/06 – Sydney, AU @ Entertainment Centre $
03/08 – Newcastle, AU @ Entertainment Center $
03/11 – Perth, AU @ Arena $
03/13 – Adelaide, AU @ AEC Arena $
03/14 – Melbourne, AU @ Rod Laver Arena $
03/17 – Brisbane, AU @ Entertainment Centre $
03/19 – Auckland, NZ @ Vector Arena
03/22 – Christchurch, NZ @ CBS Canterbury Arena $

Headliner will be selected the day of the show via a coin flip

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/...ns-of-the-stone-age-announce-australian-tour/

Nine Inch Nails/Queens of the Stone Age Tour Dates:
03/06 – Sydney, AU @ Entertainment Centre $
03/08 – Newcastle, AU @ Entertainment Center $
03/11 – Perth, AU @ Arena $
03/13 – Adelaide, AU @ AEC Arena $
03/14 – Melbourne, AU @ Rod Laver Arena $
03/17 – Brisbane, AU @ Entertainment Centre $
03/19 – Auckland, NZ @ Vector Arena
03/22 – Christchurch, NZ @ CBS Canterbury Arena $

Headliner will be selected the day of the show via a coin flip

Glad to see these 2 team up again, remember seeing NiN w/ QOTSA and DFA 1979... one of the best shows ever.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
I was also at the Toronto show. From the 300's, I had a direct view of how ****** the crowd was. Upper bowl (all sitting) and floor (minus the first three rows) wasn't moving, the lower bowl had the most energy and looked pretty fun.

As a fan of all of Reznor's work including this last album, I thought the setlist awesome. I would've liked a little more Downward Spiral but whatever. The production and stage set-up was absolutely amazing. I just wish the crowd was better.

Also, Explosions in the Sky was amazing (I am a big fan), very unfortunate that most of the crowd couldn't give two *****.

Lastly, Trent's arms are gigantic. I would totally subscribe to a Trent Reznor workout DVD. "The Arms that Feed."

Nailed it.

I was in the lower bowl and jumping around having a good time but yeah, lots of the crowd were lameos.

I am a fan of all Trent's work too... but not big on the this new album (what was the last track before Hurt played during encore??, that was a new song... I dug that one)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad