HF Habs: New Moderator position up for grabs. CLOSING at midnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Need someone with a little bit of truculence, a height above 6ft, a hate for the Bruins/Leafs/Sens and a HF membership of at least 2 years. Oh and he needs to be less harsh with Habs fans than other fans. Who fits this description? He gets my vote.

...well, I'm 6'7, 252 lbs and have all that hate required...and I'd probably set a record for having my MOD powers taken away...:laugh:

...but seriously, someone like Jee might make a great MOD...hell, he gets my vote... :thumbu:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I would have applied a year ago, but in the past few months my interest had been waning. It's hard to follow the team from Australia. It's also hard to converse with you guys from a different time zone.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I'm not sure if I want Jee to be mod so he can shut the hell up about it... Or to not be a mod so we can keep laughing at him. I think the latter.

That being said, I nominate Seb.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I would have applied a year ago, but in the past few months my interest had been waning. It's hard to follow the team from Australia. It's also hard to converse with you guys from a different time zone.

Not gonna stop me from applying. Think of it as working the night shift

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I'm pleasantly surprised at the interest this thread is generating, glad to see there are a lot of people interested in helping to make the board a better place.

If you're hesitant to apply because of a spotty infraction history, don't be. Apply anyway. It will be taken into consideration but it's not an automatic deal breaker and you don't have anything to lose by applying.

Good luck :)

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I'm pleasantly surprised at the interest this thread is generating, glad to see there are a lot of people interested in helping to make the board a better place.

If you're hesitant to apply because of a spotty infraction history, don't be. Apply anyway. It will be taken into consideration but it's not an automatic deal breaker and you don't have anything to lose by applying anyway.

Good luck :)
Do you know when a decision will be rendered?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Do you know when a decision will be rendered?

I really did underestimate the interest. My inbox is filling up like crazy. By tonight I hope to forward all applications to the other globals so we can begin discussing. I think we should probably stop accepting applications either tonight at midnight or sometime tomorrow. Any 'late' applications will be kept for the next round of hirings. I would think that us mods will be done discussing sometime this weekend. The admins will probably take a day or two to render their decisions.

I'm trying to respond to everyone individually to confirm that I've received their application, if I haven't got back to you yet, don't worry.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Back when I was still in school I would have loved to be a mod but it's really hard to have the time for that now. I'm sure most of (if not all) the mods will agree that it's very time consuming.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

You should apply. When the season picks back up so will your interest. And being in the opposite timezone is good because you can cover and mod the night shift.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Back when I was still in school I would have loved to be a mod but it's really hard to have the time for that now. I'm sure most of (if not all) the mods will agree that it's very time consuming.

The mods that are here (and will be here) are all a pretty active bunch so nobody should feel like they're going to have to carve out a huge chunk of their time to be able to do the job.

Besides, considering the size of our board, it's actually very well behaved. There really aren't a lot of fires to put out. At least, until the next BOS/MTL playoff series... ;)

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu

To me, that's a great part of the appeal. I have been various instantiations of Expat over the years, Japan, Germany and two more in the US, and HFBoards has helped me deal with homesickness by allowing me to be connected to hockey, especially in Germany where I was not well treated at work (in the former DDR, where they like politics of hierarchy). That said, there is a big difference between enjoying the board as a user and committing to be a mod. I came close to being a prof at U. Queensland by the way; they flew me out there for an interview (incredibly long flight...).

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Mod Screening Question: A thread that has nothing to do with David Desharnais becomes about David Desharnais. What do you do?

A) Ignore it. All Habs discussion is good discussion!
B) Monitor it. Maybe it'll just get back on track, but maybe it won't.
C) Step in. Lay the smack down! Get them back on topic!
D) Infractions. It's going too far. Something must be done.
E) Immediate Banning. They were no value to the site anyway. We all know they will just start up their own website called HFIHateDD.com anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad