HF Habs: New Moderator position up for grabs. CLOSING at midnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
HF Habs is looking for a new moderator.

We'll be trying a new process this time around. If you have any general questions pertaining to the position, you can ask them here, that way I can update the OP with any necessary information I haven't already included.

If you're interested in the position, PM me with a short explanation of why you think you'd be a valuable member of our team. Please don't make this an essay.

A few important things to note:

Activity: Mods need to be active. If you're not around very often or have a really hectic schedule, as much as we might like you, we obviously need someone who has actual time to moderate. To clarify here, you don't need to be on all the time. Obviously there will be events, games, signings etc. where more help will be needed, but no mod has a fixed schedule. It's very relaxed. A few hours a week is a good place to start.

Rapport/infraction history: Admins generally won't allow you to become a mod if you have a colorful infraction history, and anyone who has had any major tussles with mods will have to make a really great case to be considered. Some more clarification. Generally mod abuse, racist/ethnic slurs and flaming will be seen as more severe than spam, light trolling, etc. Again, if you have a question about your particular history, send a PM. I'm going to remove all posts that reference infraction history.

Post history: It also helps that you've already been here for a little while. We need a big enough sample size of either time or post count so we can properly evaluate you. If you've only been here a couple of months, sorry, but there's always next time. And there always is a next time.And you should let us know that you're interested anyway.

Upon receiving your PM, I'll be forwarding it to the other globals here on HF Habs and we'll choose the best few of the bunch. Those names will then be given to the admins for the final O.K.

Please, only general questions regarding the mod position in this thread. If you have any specific questions pertaining to your infraction history etc., you can send those questions by private message.

Cheers, good luck and may god have mercy on your soul.

Last edited:

pine*

Dibs

and I've been infraction-free for 7 weeks now, but who's counting?

Analyzer*

The moderators of this site know me well, so I'm sure these tons of them suggesting I be one.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Rapport/infraction history: Admins generally won't allow you to become a mod if you have a colorful infraction history, and anyone who has had any major tussles with mods will have to make a really great case to be considered.

Define colourful

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...who's leaving, so we accidentally don't nominate them...I hope it's not Gary, he seems like a really good MOD...not that everyone else isn't great... ;)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Okay guys, stop discussing infraction history. Even if it's as a joke, you can get dinged for it. There's a reason why I said to PM if you had any questions specific to your own case.

I will try to update the op with a bit more detailed information on availability and what constitutes...'colorful' infraction history.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I nominate Whitesnake so he can add to his mod-reject tally count to an even 1000.

Follow up question, do they favour a particular colour.

:laugh: Thanks...but not thanks. But it's a little less than that...;)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
That's all? Figured you'd have to live on here. :laugh:

Well, like I said, it's a start. Although I may be under estimating here. If I actually counted how many hours I spend here I'd be pretty inconsolable. :laugh:

You guys know what PGT's and GDT's are like. You know what kind of ******** goes on and what kind of characters they attract. You also know how long they stay active, so judge from there.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Hmm...

1. Activity: Inconsistent
2. Rapport: .........****
3. Post History: "Transformers 1" Average

Does my Bachelor of Arts degree give me any leeway? :sarcasm:.......:cry:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I forgot to mention that besides the obvious mod powers, mods get essentially the same perks as VIP members permanently, assuming you aren't dishonorably discharged ;). So a bigger avatar and a signature. No ads either. So that's a plus.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think due to the fact more often than not I am unable to edit my posts, I would be out of the running! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad