Online Series: New Mighty Ducks on Disney+

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Cole jr becomes friends with the Ducks is a given. They either make him a better hockey player or show him that there is other things one can do in life. AJ turns out to be a nice guy (not likely). There was NO mention of the players who are not there, continuing the tradition or will we hear about them later?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Well it is a high school girl's basketball team... And John Stamos is 182 cm. But I recommend watching the show. It was entertaining and somewhat heartwarming.
On finishing the second season..

The worst place to be in showbiz and in fictional sports... Is the Sirens' bench. Poor girls. As soon as a starter is ineligible they get someone new...

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Yeah, and its pretty much guaranteed that the Ducks are going to roll over this tournament with team work and perky spirit.

They really need them to get caved in by a team of really talented players coached by a former NHL player.

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
So the ducks who went toe to toe with good teams were not that welcome.. But an alaskan kid who hasn't played against anyone.. Ever? Is a good fit?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
As much as last season hit all the right notes, this one is failing miserably.

It is like it has become a parody of itself. I like the premise, but the execution is lacking. Like Jace finally embracing the team, great idea, bad execution.
Totally agree. I also feel sad that they're going the same route as the movies and ignoring the kids that didn't come back. Psyched for the result of the cliffhanger though.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Genuinely curious.. why not try and cast actors that can actually play hockey? Really can’t take this seriously when there are people who can not even raise a puck suppose to be the “best of the best”.

I know it’s the same in the OG series and maybe that’s their goal but man it’s rubs me the wrong way and is too unrealistic to care about as a non-child

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Genuinely curious.. why not try and cast actors that can actually play hockey? Really can’t take this seriously when there are people who can not even raise a puck suppose to be the “best of the best”.

I know it’s the same in the OG series and maybe that’s their goal but man it’s rubs me the wrong way and is too unrealistic to care about as a non-child
In the OG movie series they used the same three or four stunt guys for all of them. It was annoying when Luís changed handedness back and forth for every cut in his scenes..

Reactions: Jussi

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
This show is actually quite bad but I can't stop watching it.

And how much longer can they go on referencing Bombay as if he is still involved with the team until they have to finally acknowledge his character is gone for good?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
This show is actually quite bad but I can't stop watching it.

And how much longer can they go on referencing Bombay as if he is still involved with the team until they have to finally acknowledge his character is gone for good?

I don’t really miss Bombay. EE felt like he was collecting a paycheck and being forced to reprise the role.

Josh Duhamel is doing a kick ass job of making me forget about Bombay and gives Cole a very authentic vibe.

Him getting caught with the ice cream and trying to escape was funny as hell.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Was that a setup for mr Knucklepuck?
I was hoping that...

Charlie Conway was going to be the head coach. They kept hinting at someone big showing up only for it to be Zegras and Terry. I was disappointed

That being said, it was the best episode of the season by far. The got some of the right tone back and it worked.

Jace's arc is interesting, but before yesterday, the execution was bad. Same for Evan's arc. The rest, meh, supporting characters without much substance, but that's fine. Oh and...

Coach Cole kissing Alex was soooooooooooo predictable. I would have hope they did not go that way. Them becoming good friends, fine. A couple? Meh.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I was hoping that...

Charlie Conway was going to be the head coach. They kept hinting at someone big showing up only for it to be Zegras and Terry. I was disappointed

That being said, it was the best episode of the season by far. The got some of the right tone back and it worked.

Jace's arc is interesting, but before yesterday, the execution was bad. Same for Evan's arc. The rest, meh, supporting characters without much substance, but that's fine. Oh and...

Coach Cole kissing Alex was soooooooooooo predictable. I would have hope they did not go that way. Them becoming good friends, fine. A couple? Meh.
I hoped the same thing, but it does seem that the other cameo is coming instead.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad