Online Series: New Mighty Ducks on Disney+

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
As much as last season hit all the right notes, this one is failing miserably.

It is like it has become a parody of itself. I like the premise, but the execution is lacking. Like Jace finally embracing the team, great idea, bad execution.

It has the feel of a show about hockey written by a group of people who know nothing about hockey.. last season at least felt like somebody in the writers room watched the sport, albeit, not often.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It has the feel of a show about hockey written by a group of people who know nothing about hockey.. last season at least felt like somebody in the writers room watched the sport, albeit, not often.
The hockey did not make any sense in the movies either, but the movies worked. Season 1 also worked. Season 2, outside of the latest episode, doesn't.

Reactions: mattihp

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
They're slaughtering Evan. I don't care for his character at all. It is problematic considering Brady Noon is by far the kid actor with the most chops.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
My guess is that the teams in the showcase will be heavy on the ducks influences. Manitoba Mallards. Binghamton Beeks, lle Quak du Quebec..

And the discarded Ducks of old will coach.

The Hall Brothers take on a team. Discarded like used bubble gum after the first and second movie respectively they now lead a hard-nosed team.

Peter leads a team and is angry at not even getting mentioned after the first season. His assistant? Karp!

The Duncan Siblings lead another team. Bitter after being subbed out in favour of Ken Wu..

Meanwhile Coach babyface recruited the Czech mates to Canada as they clearly were skilled enough. A disgruntled Logan flips protein flapjacks for the team and serves as somewhat of a waterboy after having moved back to his awful mother.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
This season was just not all that good. Big mistake to piss on Evan and missing out on the dynamic on him and his teammates.
Cam Fowler. Such a disappoitment. Was sure a Duck would be there.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Just finished the second season and...wow, that was awful.

Not even my bias toward hockey can let me say anything favorable about this show. Season 1 wasn't great but season 2 was just horrible.

They should seriously take this show out to pasture and put a slug in it. Won't bother for season 3 if there will be one.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Just finished the second season and...wow, that was awful.

Not even my bias toward hockey can let me say anything favorable about this show. Season 1 wasn't great but season 2 was just horrible.

They should seriously take this show out to pasture and put a slug in it. Won't bother for season 3 if there will be one.
They had a chance to make something so much better... Ruining Evan was the worst.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Officially Canceled.

Don't care, it sucked.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Season 2 was awful. Not surprised.

They had something good in season 1, but ruined it all in season 2.

Reactions: Jussi

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Officially Canceled.

Don't care, it sucked.

First season was pretty good. Will probably watch it again. The second season showed no care about the characters and the big cameos were nowhere to see.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That really blows… my 12 yr old daughter is a hockey player and we used to look fwd to watching the show together.

It made her want to watch the original Ducks trilogy and she was excited about Charlie one day making an appearance.

Going to be rough breaking the news to her because she just asked me the other day when season 3 is coming.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
That really blows… my 12 yr old daughter is a hockey player and we used to look fwd to watching the show together.

It made her want to watch the original Ducks trilogy and she was excited about Charlie one day making an appearance.

Going to be rough breaking the news to her because she just asked me the other day when season 3 is coming.
I was excited to see Charlie too. And with all the knuckle puck talk I was sure Russ would show up in the final episode.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Season 2 was awful. Not surprised.

They had something good in season 1, but ruined it all in season 2.

I shouldn't point fingers as I don't know what went on behind the scenes but I can't help but blame Emilio Estevez. His sudden departure after seaason 1 makes it seem as if they had to scramble for an alternate storyline. Had he stayed on I'm sure things would have turned out differently for the show.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think Emilio's loss was a bad thing

Even though it felt like he was mailing it in with his acting, his role from the movies is iconic and taking him away I suspect killed the show’s dynamic.

There was no longer any real connection to the movies anymore without him or Charlie.

I was excited to see Charlie too. And with all the knuckle puck talk I was sure Russ would show up in the final episode.

Ya seeing both would have been cool, as i was a kid when those movies came out and they are a huge reason I got on the ice.

Reactions: mattihp

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

Yeah, the show became must watch when a new episode dropped on Wednesdays, and the kids made it a point to watch it together that evening.

Was hoping they could have squeezed out a third (and even fourth) season out of it because it was a nice thing going for us.

But I will admit, the whole concept has been cheesy from the onset (starting with the movies) when I was my kids' ages, but it seemed like the storyline this season in particular got away from them. So much potential, but disastrous execution. Unfortunate too because there was potential with the actors.

On a sidenote, Lauren Graham seems like a very respected actor with some of the characters she's portrayed, but there is just something about her acting that bugs me. She just comes across as a phony and poor actress.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah, the show became must watch when a new episode dropped on Wednesdays, and the kids made it a point to watch it together that evening.

Was hoping they could have squeezed out a third (and even fourth) season out of it because it was a nice thing going for us.

But I will admit, the whole concept has been cheesy from the onset (starting with the movies) when I was my kids' ages, but it seemed like the storyline this season in particular got away from them. So much potential, but disastrous execution. Unfortunate too because there was potential with the actors.

On a sidenote, Lauren Graham seems like a very respected actor with some of the characters she's portrayed, but there is just something about her acting that bugs me. She just comes across as a phony and poor actress.
I wouldn't call it bad but it seems she's still playing Lorelai Gilmore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad