New lines

arin1

Apr 30, 2006
Has Blash ran AA-Larkin-Mantha much? Seems like it could be a future line of ours, myswell get r goin' :yo:

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011
Tatar-Zetterberg-Mantha
AA-Nielsen-Nyquist
Abdelkader-Helm-Larkin
Sheahan-Glendening-Callahan/Miller

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Tatar-Zetterberg-Mantha
AA-Nielsen-Nyquist
Abdelkader-Helm-Larkin
Sheahan-Glendening-Callahan/Miller

I think this is ideal and probably accurate. Could also see that lineup going on a run. Feels disgusting hoping for the Wings to lose but that's what needs to happen.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Tatar-Z-Mantha
Helm-Nielsen-Athanasiou
Nyquist-Larkin-Abdelkader
Callahan (he's up, why not)-Glendening-Sheahan

XO-Green
Dekeyser-Sproul
Kronwall-Jensen

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011
Tatar-Z-Mantha
Helm-Nielsen-Athanasiou
Nyquist-Larkin-Abdelkader
Callahan (he's up, why not)-Glendening-Sheahan

XO-Green
Dekeyser-Sproul
Kronwall-Jensen

If you switch Abby with helm centering the third line I can see it happening. But helm on the 2nd line made me puke in my mouth a little.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
With only 4 call-ups between now and the end of the season why rush and call anyone up now?

They're better off finishing the year with Grand Rapids than playing on a team that is not motivated to win games anymore. If you're going to tank, you definitely don't want to do it with your prospects on the roster.

Grooming them in a losing culture doesn't make any sense

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
With only 4 call-ups between now and the end of the season why rush and call anyone up now?

They're better off finishing the year with Grand Rapids than playing on a team that is not motivated to win games anymore. If you're going to tank, you definitely don't want to do it with your prospects on the roster.

Grooming them in a losing culture doesn't make any sense

1. Culture follows players, not the other way around. Toronto went from a losing to winning culture in a single year because they simply got enough good players to do so. Same with the Oilers. Get the talent, win, have winning culture.

2. This isn't grooming. This is seeing what we've got. Time to find out exactly what we have in our kids. Early this time.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
If you switch Abby with helm centering the third line I can see it happening. But helm on the 2nd line made me puke in my mouth a little.

It's more what I want to see than what I expect to see. I want Larkin getting those reps at center, especially since our season is essentially playing for pride and experience at this point.

And, yeah, I know what you mean about Helm on the second line. If we had Svech up, I'd have him there, Helm in Gator's spot, and Gator on the fourth line.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
It's more what I want to see than what I expect to see. I want Larkin getting those reps at center, especially since our season is essentially playing for pride and experience at this point.

And, yeah, I know what you mean about Helm on the second line. If we had Svech up, I'd have him there, Helm in Gator's spot, and Gator on the fourth line.

Yeah, if we're talking about what we want to see, then Larkin needs to be anchored to the 2/3 center position with talented linemates where he can face decent opposition.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
I know Larkin ha struggled at center but I noticed he was one of our best face off men there for a short stint...I don't have the stats off hand of course. Larkin should be playing center to end the year

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
So help if me if they started winning after the deadline...too little top late is an understatement.

I just want to see the young guys develop. Winning is secondary at this point.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
2. This isn't grooming. This is seeing what we've got. Time to find out exactly what we have in our kids. Early this time.

When this team competes for the playoffs every year...you can't give young guys a long look. I say take advantage of a bad situation. Play some kids at the NHL. This is basically preseason for next year.

Losing one season isn't going to ruin these players. This has been a perennial playoff team and the Griffins have been successful. This is about giving prospects a chance to play in NHL action.

If they don't use this time to evaluate their organization, this would be a massive waste of a season. You close the Joe on a sour note but you have to set this team up for the long term.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Put Larkin to center to learn finally that duty.

We have nothing to lose.

That's not part of Blashill's process, him and Holland are still trying to make the playoffs.

Larkin should have played center all season, there's no other way he's going to learn, it was a huge mistake and has hindered his development.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Has Blash ran AA-Larkin-Mantha much? Seems like it could be a future line of ours, myswell get r goin' :yo:

I like this idea a lot , but instead AA I would put Bertuzzi. I think AA place in the 3rd line

Tatar- Zetterberg- Nyquist
Bertuzzi-Larkin- Mantha
AA-Nielson-Helm
Abdelkator- Glendening-Miller

In the 3rd line we have good passer and two speedsters

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I know Larkin ha struggled at center but I noticed he was one of our best face off men there for a short stint...I don't have the stats off hand of course. Larkin should be playing center to end the year

only if he is with Mantha and other young and hard working forward

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad