Maroon-McDavid-Eberle
Hendricks-Letestu-Yakupov
Korpikoski-Lander-Pakarinen

Sekera-Fayne
Davidson-Nurse
Pardy-Clendening

Talbot
Brossoit(?)

With Cracknell rotating in to keep the grinders fresh.

Once RNH, Klefbom and Gyrba are back

Hall-Draisaitl-Kassian
Maroon-McDavid-Eberle
Hendricks-RNH-Yakupov
Korpikoski-Letestu-Pakarinen

Davidson-Klefbom
Sekera-Fayne
Padry-Clendening/Gyrba

Definitely starting to look more balenced. Even the defence is starting to look okay.

For once there's and abundance of size and highly physical players in the system. Kassian, Maroon, Hendricks, Pakarinen, Klinkhammer, Pitlick, Kessy, Gazdic, Hamilton, Moroz.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Next yr

Matthews-McDavid-Stamkos
Hall-RNH-yak
Poo-Drai-kassian

Complete troll lineup top6 of 1oa picks....how pissed will other teams fans be if Oilers win the lotto and signed Stamkos....

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Pouliot's likely done for the year.

I think we'll see when RNH/Klefbom back:

Hall-RNH-Drai
Kassian-McDavid-Eberle
Maroon-Lander-Yak
Hendricks-Letestu-Cracknell
Pakarinen/Korpse

Klefbom-Davidson
Sekera-Fayne
Nurse-Clendening/Pardy

I didn't see, did the Oilers keep Oesterle/Khaira down? Kind of a shame; O's a nice puckmover and I like Khaira's game. Bako needs them badly though.

I agree with these lines.

Depending on how the games going. Bump Lander out and drop RNH or LD into that spot.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Imagine if Oilers won the lotto- lines just for the lols

Matthews-McDavid-Eberle
Hall-Drasaitl-Kassian
Pouliot-RNH-Yak

lolol

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Both Nuge and Klefbom are "week to week"
We should keep both off the lineup for now.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
IMO its time to put an end to Hall-Drai duo. They have been pretty bad since Xmas
Hall has gone from +11 to -2 during that time with minimal offense ..

Hall-McDavid-Eberle
Maroon-Draisiatl-Yakupov
Kassian-Lander-Cracknell
Hendricks-Letestu-Pakarinen
Korpi

Kassian and Maroon can swap spots if needed.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
If Yak blows this game with McD and Eberle I wanna see..

Hall - McDavid - Eberle
Maroon - Draisaitl - Kassian
Korpikoski - Lander - Yakupov

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
actually wouldn't mind seeing them try this when Nuge gets back

Hall - McDavid - Kassian
Maroon - RNH - Eberle
Lander - Drai - Yak
Hemdricks - Letestu - Crack/Pak

Put Pouliot on 2/3LW when he returns.

Until he comes back

Hall - Drai - Kassian
Yak - McD - Ebs
Maroon - Lander - Pak
Hendricks - Letestu - Crack

Lineup is so much stronger with Nuge.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I got to admit I am absolutely salivating over the thought of a fully healthy line up that could look like this.

Hall Leon Kassian
Maroon McDavid Yak
Poo Nuge Ebs
Hendricks Letestu Cracknell

Maroon and Poo could switch as needed.

That's a significantly bigger team than the one we started with this year. With some beef on every line.

Upgrade Yak with a guy even like Chris Stewart and I would say we would be bigger than most in the NHL.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I got to admit I am absolutely salivating over the thought of a fully healthy line up that could look like this.

Hall Leon Kassian
Maroon McDavid Yak
Poo Nuge Ebs
Hendricks Letestu Cracknell

Maroon and Poo could switch as needed.

That's a significantly bigger team than the one we started with this year. With some beef on every line.

Upgrade Yak with a guy even like Chris Stewart and I would say we would be bigger than most in the NHL.

How much size do we need? Give me good players please who work hard. Chris Stewart is the antithesis of that. I think we're getting a bit obsessed with the whole idea of size because Chia made some comments about getting bigger.

I posted this somewhere else on here a few days ago, but Chia's Boston team didn't have a giant forward group. They had Lucic, Horton and Thornton. A 4th liner and two guys who played together on the same line. After that it was average sized players or smaller. There wasn't beef on every line. Teams don't need to be made up with behemoths to win in this league. Sure you want a few bigger bodies. But far more important is that the player is actually good at hockey.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
we need enough size to become good along the boards and have more offensive zone ice time.

Up front we are almost there... Just need to swap one of Eberle or Yakupov for a bigger winger like Okposo or Laine\Pulj.

On D we definately need more size in top 4. Aside from a lanky Nurse we have no one "tough"

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
we need enough size to become good along the boards and have more offensive zone ice time.

Up front we are almost there... Just need to swap one of Eberle or Yakupov for a bigger winger like Okposo or Laine\Pulj.

On D we definately need more size in top 4. Aside from a lanky Nurse we have no one "tough"

Just like with the forwards, it's less about size as it is about good players who work hard. We don't need more size

Klefbom 6'3 215
Davidson 6'2 210
Nurse 6'4 213
Fayne 6'3 212
Gryba 6'4 228
Pardy 6'4 227

We need more good players.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I kinda like Yak on the top line, he meshes well.

Yakupov - McDavid - Eberle
Hall - RNH - Draisaitl
Maroon - Lander - Kassian
Hendricks - Letestu - Cracknell

Sekera - Fayne
Klefbom - Pardy
Davidson - Oesterle

Talbot
Brossoit

Pleassseeee make this lineup happen Chia/TMac!!!

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
When everyone is back I wouldn't mind seeing

Pouliot Mcdavid Yakupov
Hall Drai Kassian
Maroon Nuge Eberle
Hendricks Letestu Korpi

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Hall-McDavid-Yak
Maroon-Drai-Eberle
Pouliot-RNH-Kassian
Cracknell-Letestu-Hendricks
Korpi-Lander-Pakarinen

I think there's actually lots of combos that could be good up front.

The key of course is a stable and decent D as well.

Klefbom-Sekera
Davidson-Fayne
Nurse-Pardy
Gryba-Clendening

That defense group at least looks more stable defensively to me with more size and players that aren't going to **** up so badly that they put the team in a hole every game. I think you can shuffle around those 8 players to at least give this team some solid physicality/grit plus defensive stability... still not enough offense from the backend but with Klefbom eventually back that should help a lot as well.

I said before the start of the season it was key that the 3-some of Ference/Schultz/Nikitin should be off the team for this team to go anywhere. Just the subtraction of those 3 from the picture would make this team better... well, so far so good. :)

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
I think we have 3 guys that can drive a line and then some complimentary players. The three drivers are McDavid, Hall and Drai. Yakupov has been a turd, aside from when he's played with McDavid or Hall, so play him with one. Eberle has shown chemistry with most. RNH is the best two-way forward we probably have at this point (I'm sure McDavid will probably pass him here sooner than later). How about:

Hall-RNH-Kassian
Maroon-McDavid-Yakupov
Korpikoski-Drai-Eberle
Lander-Letestu-Crack

And play those top 3 lines 30% of even strength time each. Try and get the top line against other top lines, but otherwise those are three lines that can compete against anyone. And really, I think it would be easiest to flop around RWs within the top 9 to try and find chemistry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad