Pre-Game Talk: New lines for tonights game (Glendenning down, XO up in case Big E can't go)

Status
Not open for further replies.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
This idea that Tatar needs to be playing with more skill is silliness. Over time, in the long-run, sure, I agree, that's how he will add the most value. But at this stage, where the Wings are still trying to make him a complete player? No, you plug him in different spots, see how he reacts, and expose him to a variety of situations. This is good for Tatar's development.

Also sheer silliness is this whining about the teams Tatar has suited up against. It doesn't matter. This is the kind of thinking that meddling owners often have. Tatar has played pro for a long time, he's had a 28-game taste of the NHL already, he just won playoff MVP in the AHL.... if he needs to be protected from the better teams in the NHL at this point and eased in against weaker competition, then something is very wrong. And if the argument is that he's being set-up for failure because he won't look as good against better teams and then Babcock will have an easier time benching him again.... well, that's speculation based on nothing of substance.

I will agree that he should be used in more than one game in a row though. That gives him a better opportunity to elevate his game and therefor become more valuable.

You need to post more Jaster - voice of sanity.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Maybe not. If Tootoo goes, our 4th line might be Miller-Andersson-Tatar

that line could work. i still see a lot more in andersson than most people here. he's the kind of kind of guy who open lanes for fast teammates as he's able to block opponents. and tatar is exactly the speedy guy with a nose for the net who is able to benefit of more space. which is why i really hated to see andersson with the slowest NHLers possible (cleary/bert).

there is not stat to show how many goals andersson helped to score by opening lanes. in a way he has the same problem as holmstrom who wasn't credited for goals he had helped on by parking his butt in front of the goalie early in his career.

so give andersson speed and skill on his wings and that line will be productive.

FlyingRed752

Sep 26, 2013
that line could work. i still see a lot more in andersson than most people here. he's the kind of kind of guy who open lanes for fast teammates as he's able to block opponents. and tatar is exactly the speedy guy with a nose for the net who is able to benefit of more space. which is why i really hated to see andersson with the slowest NHLers possible (cleary/bert).

there is not stat to show how many goals andersson helped to score by opening lanes. in a way he has the same problem as holmstrom who wasn't credited for goals he had helped on by parking his butt in front of the goalie early in his career.

so give andersson speed and skill on his wings and that line will be productive.

which is why the Nyquist-Andersson-Brunner line was so effective in the playoffs last season.

Johnz96*

Update!

Top line stats with Abdelkader
____________GP G A P +/-
Datsyuk______5 1 1 2 +2
Zetterberg____5 2 1 3 +3

Team: 2-2-1

Top line stats without Abdelkader
____________ GP G A P +/-
Datsyuk______5 4 5 9 +4
Zetterberg____5 4 4 8 +3

Team: 4-1-0