New Kits 2023/24

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think they're giving the option to buy it sponsorless.

I don't usually buy kits for other teams unless I really love a particular player, but I may have to make an exception for that kit.

I heard that if you got the kit before the sponsor is agreed that they might be providing an sponsor's logo you can get put on after the fact, LOL. And that kit is awful without a sponsor much less with one. Horrible photos there too.

I really don't get how big sponsors are still coming out for clubs anyway. I always think of United when they had all that Chevy money or better yet Kohler on their kits. I guess it works like some bloke is watching a match with his wife and she says "Honey, I think we should redo our bathroom and I want to get all Kohler fixtures."

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I heard that if you got the kit before the sponsor is agreed that they might be providing an sponsor's logo you can get put on after the fact, LOL. And that kit is awful without a sponsor much less with one. Horrible photos there too.

I really don't get how big sponsors are still coming out for clubs anyway. I always think of United when they had all that Chevy money or better yet Kohler on their kits. I guess it works like some bloke is watching a match with his wife and she says "Honey, I think we should redo our bathroom and I want to get all Kohler fixtures."
They ruin it with the corporations. You can hardly even see the team logo/patch compared to the gigantic CHEVY on those tops. Do they HAVE to put them on the merchandise for people to buy? Who in their right mind walks around like a CHEVY billboard? (quite a lot actually) I wouldn't do it if THEY paid me, yet people pay them to wear their adverts , oi! :shakehead
No sponsor is best, or national...
Should have an option to buy fresh / clean version just the team logo.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
They ruin it with the corporations. You can hardly even see the team logo/patch compared to the gigantic CHEVY on those tops. Do they HAVE to put them on the merchandise for people to buy? Who in their right mind walks around like a CHEVY billboard? (quite a lot actually) I wouldn't do it if THEY paid me, yet people pay them to wear their adverts , oi! :shakehead
No sponsor is best, or national...
Should have an option to buy fresh / clean version just the team logo.

Which would in part defeat the purpose of the shirt sponsors actually paying for the sponsorship.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Pompey released their home kit 3 weeks ago, and the road today. While they're Template kits from Nike, they're a lot better than previous years in my opinion.

Surprisingly they haven't done anything to commemorate the 125th anniversary, but I think the third kit will do that.

And regarding sponsors, I do like that Portsmouth's is one with community ties.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Don't like Chelsea's all blue kits from their preseason match.... are those the season kits or just pre-season only kits?

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I like the sponsorless Chelsea kit but the white stripes below the arm and stuff make it look like the generic kit you'd design in FIFA 2006 or something.

Reactions: gary69

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I mean, Kohler fixtures are pretty good if you ask me… :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think they vary depending on what you're getting, but generally yes. Still, I can't imagine that sponsorship did much for Kohler.
Sometimes it's just brand recognition and colors in the logo etc... they put a lot into it.
I mean, it has to be proven to work on people... in one degree or another.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sometimes it's just brand recognition and colors in the logo etc... they put a lot into it.
I mean, it has to be proven to work on people... in one degree or another.

Well I would hope it's more than just "colors in the logo." As for being proven, maybe, but I would think if it was proven sponsors might not change so frequently.

Reactions: LOGiK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad