New Jersey to overhaul uniforms for 2017-2018 season, Part 4: and Gnashing of Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Cool Hockey just sent an email for 30% off jerseys also. :)

This is where I get myself in trouble. :laugh: I ordered myself a Palms before the season last year, then had my dad order me a Hall for Xmas last year from them. They did an awesome job and come out fantastic.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Yeah I've had good experiences with icejerseys and coolhockey.

I can't even remember who did which jerseys at this point, very comparable.

Both have these 20-30% types of sales here and there each year.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Pre stitched or Hand stiched? Big difference?

Not sure, at both places they definitely stitched everything on.

All numbers (rear and sleeve) have outer black and interior white stitching visible on the inside of the jerseys, same for the A or C.

For the name they use that same method for stitching the letters to a color matched nameplate that is then stitched to the jersey.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Pre-stitched means the letters and numbers will be heat pressed on the jersey. Hand stitched is better but not really that big of a deal if you don't want to spend the extra money.

In that case, definitely anything I had customized from icejerseys or coolhockey was hand stitched. Exclusivepro as well but that probably goes without saying since they used to do all the team's jerseys.

If you get a jersey customized in person at the Rock on the other hand, it's all heat pressed far as I know.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Would I be better off getting my girlfriend a women's jersey in her size or an extra small men's jersey?

Women's 100%. Granted, I'm speaking from experience with the Reeboks for my gf. But in general, the shoulders and hips are too wide (not tapered) on men's jerseys for most females.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I would ask. My fiance won't wear the women's jerseys. She wants to wear the one the players wear.

That' been my experiences. I asked that very question on here about 10 years ago (we had more female posters back then) and the response was men's small.

Also, admittedly in a small sample size of 1, my gf thinks the women's jersey's are dumb looking.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Man, apparently I've been overruled on the whole women's jersey thing. :laugh: Non-jersey related, but a couple years back the team store had these really good looking Devils' women's vests. Definitely the best purchase I've made from the team store for a gf.

I can understand the whole "wear what the players wear" perspective, but I've always had chicks that want the jersey to fit a little tighter to the body...and men's jerseys regardless of size don't do that, unless your chick is a power lifter. Didn't have a problem with the numbers being small or anything silly like that since I got it stitched from a solid website (can't remember the one. maybe coolhockey).

Feb 2, 2009
Manalapan, NJ
Girlfriend decided she wanted a women's jersey at the last minute. Got her a Bratt jersey, because he's her favorite player and his number is her birthday. Now I'm torn between getting myself a Hischier or a Santini. Thoughts?

Reactions: Bleedred

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Girlfriend decided she wanted a women's jersey at the last minute. Got her a Bratt jersey, because he's her favorite player and his number is her birthday. Now I'm torn between getting myself a Hischier or a Santini. Thoughts?

Can't go wrong with Hischier. Chiarelli isn't our gm so he should be a Devil for awhile.

Reactions: Bleedred

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Does anybody have a recommendation where I can get this beautiful jersey professionally lettered identically to the pros?

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

cousin nico

Can't go wrong with Hischier. Chiarelli isn't our gm so he should be a Devil for awhile.

:laugh:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I'm headed down on Saturday to the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees to drop off my Devils jersey. I'll report back on the process and cost once I get it back.

Reactions: mdj12784

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
I'm headed down on Saturday to the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees to drop off my Devils jersey. I'll report back on the process and cost once I get it back.
That would be great. I read about this in the thread but just wasn't sure. If it works out I might drop it off since I have a customer down that way. If it is not cool I will go www.exclusivepro.com.
Please report back. :thumbu:

Last edited:
Reactions: Colin226

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Was thinking about getting a practice jersey, figured they'd be a lot cheaper and no swimmies.

$119 plus shipping. WTF?

But just checking through ebay and there are some cool old school practice jersey options, might get one.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ

Update!

Just dropped off the jersey at the Skate Zone. Staff was very friendly and knew that the Devils had switched to using Philly Express for Adidas jerseys. Here’s where I stand:

- The guy behind the counter hadn’t seen a Devils jersey in before, and also didn’t know what it would cost to get an NHL Centennial patch put on the right sleeve, so they’re going to send it in and bill me when it comes back.
- They can ship the jersey to you, so you don’t need to drive all the way down again to get it. He didn’t mention cost though, but frankly I’ll pay what it takes to not trek it back down to Voorhees.
- As far as turnaround time, no estimate was given. But he did say it probably wouldn’t be in before Christmas, which I almost laughed at given how long it takes Exclusive Pro to do a jersey.

I’ll report again when I hear back.

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
Update!

Just dropped off the jersey at the Skate Zone. Staff was very friendly and knew that the Devils had switched to using Philly Express for Adidas jerseys. Here’s where I stand:

- The guy behind the counter hadn’t seen a Devils jersey in before, and also didn’t know what it would cost to get an NHL Centennial patch put on the right sleeve, so they’re going to send it in and bill me when it comes back.
- They can ship the jersey to you, so you don’t need to drive all the way down again to get it. He didn’t mention cost though, but frankly I’ll pay what it takes to not trek it back down to Voorhees.
- As far as turnaround time, no estimate was given. But he did say it probably wouldn’t be in before Christmas, which I almost laughed at given how long it takes Exclusive Pro to do a jersey.

I’ll report again when I hear back.
Thanks Colin!! Really appreciate it. I am heading down to Philly this week so I will drop by Voorhees. I am going to wing it and hopefully be happy. Most importantly I wanted ti make sure they could do it and apparently they can. Hopefully we are both happy. Thanks for getting back to us..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad