New Jersey to overhaul uniforms for 2017-2018 season, Part 4: and Gnashing of Teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
Got this in today: Taylor Hall 17-18 Red Set 1 game worn jersey and Marcus Johansson 17-18 white set 1 game worn jersey. The Hall was worn in 14 regular season games plus the preseason and scored 6 goals and 6 assists in regular season play in this jersey. Johansson's jersey was also worn in the preseason and in 9 regular season games and scored 3 goals and 3 assists in this jersey. Johansson is customized with 2 additional fight straps plus the main fight strap as well as the alternate A being removed (there is glue residue on there). The Hall has shortened sleeves and has evidence of the A being hastily removed and reapplied (it was removed between the 1st and 2nd period of the HFC game) with repairs on the torn material behind the A. I also have it photomatched to a couple of Getty photos as well as my own to the mark on the sleeve. The set 1 jerseys ended on 12/16/17.

Also to note the material on both of these jerseys are vastly different than "authentic" made in Indonesia Adidas jerseys sold online and in the Devils Den.

24612120117_d528f4ece1_c.jpg

24612120277_bcd89503ab_c.jpg

24612120927_505252af91_c.jpg

24612121267_e1e1330b75_c.jpg

24612121177_dca8ec8e04_c.jpg

24612121017_209465b604_c.jpg

24612121487_1f84106072_c.jpg

39478837071_57fd846a2e_c.jpg

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
No, they're still absolutely horrible, it's just cool that these were game worn.

Thanks for the endorsement.

I will say I was on the fence myself when these came out but every day I find that I like these jerseys more and more. I like that they are cleaner and stuff like the missing bottom striping and wider arm striping is starting to look better and better on them.

It is sad that you still think they are horrible. That's fine and that's your opinion. However it seems like after the initial shock and reaction from our fanbase over these most have either moved on, accepted or even embraced the changed jerseys. The only exception are from about 3-4 butthurt fans from this thread who have seemed to be able to push out their complaints to 6+ months and to the 31st page on the 4th thread on the topic. Sad indeed.

Reactions: Patrik26 and R8NJ

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
It's interesting that Philly Express includes their own label in these jerseys. Am I correct that Exclusive Pro never did this?

It would also be interesting to compare quality between the Indo-authentics and the Canadian ones. Obvious difference to start are reinforced elbows, but the quality of the build and materials used looks the same to me.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
wow i didn't even realize my indo-adidas didn't have reinforced elbows before this page. oh well, still a superb christmas gift.

Not something the regular fan needs to sit in a seat and cheer ;) now, if you plan on elbowing a Rangers or Flyers fan that's a different story

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
It's interesting that Philly Express includes their own label in these jerseys. Am I correct that Exclusive Pro never did this?

It would also be interesting to compare quality between the Indo-authentics and the Canadian ones. Obvious difference to start are reinforced elbows, but the quality of the build and materials used looks the same to me.

They do put labels on it and EPS never did it for the Devils. EPS did/does put a CC-like stamp in Carolina Hurricanes jerseys though and I hypothesize that is at the team's request. I have also heard that PX will put their labels on customer orders they receive, but they typically put it behind the crest (unless specifically told to put in a different place) which is a silly placement.

As for the materials between the Canadian-made and Indonesian made authentics, they are night and day. You can't see it in the pictures but the material for the made in Canada ones are thicker and resemble a cross between Edge 1.0 and 2.0 (the best way I can describe it). Also the bubbling on the shoulders are a tiny bit different as well as well as stronger stitching throughout the jersey.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
They do put labels on it and EPS never did it for the Devils. EPS did/does put a CC-like stamp in Carolina Hurricanes jerseys though and I hypothesize that is at the team's request. I have also heard that PX will put their labels on customer orders they receive, but they typically put it behind the crest (unless specifically told to put in a different place) which is a silly placement.

As for the materials between the Canadian-made and Indonesian made authentics, they are night and day. You can't see it in the pictures but the material for the made in Canada ones are thicker and resemble a cross between Edge 1.0 and 2.0 (the best way I can describe it). Also the bubbling on the shoulders are a tiny bit different as well as well as stronger stitching throughout the jersey.

Thanks for the insight! And yes, putting their label behind the crest is very weird. I almost wonder if I should email them :(

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

Yeah, the difference is pretty significant. The on-ice authentic feels like a hockey jersey and the retail authentic feels like a thicker long sleeve t-shirt. It’s pretty similar to the difference between the Edge 1.0 and the Canadian authentic Edge 2.0. I have retail indoEdge 1.0, Canadian Edge 2.0 and the Adidas authentic. Nothing compares to the Edge 2.0.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks for the endorsement.

I will say I was on the fence myself when these came out but every day I find that I like these jerseys more and more. I like that they are cleaner and stuff like the missing bottom striping and wider arm striping is starting to look better and better on them.

It is sad that you still think they are horrible. That's fine and that's your opinion. However it seems like after the initial shock and reaction from our fanbase over these most have either moved on, accepted or even embraced the changed jerseys. The only exception are from about 3-4 ******** fans from this thread who have seemed to be able to push out their complaints to 6+ months and to the 31st page on the 4th thread on the topic. Sad indeed.

The team playing well serves as an effective distraction from the quality of the uniforms they are wearing. And those uniforms are still crap.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
ah the classic "no your opinion is incorrect" thread

there always has to be at least one at any given time

if you are of the opinion that the new jerseys aren't good, that's cool, but the only thing worse than the jerseys themselves are telling people who like them that they're shitty and not worth buying. it accomplishes nothing and is petty af.

all this thread makes me want to do is put a hold on my rotation and put every other jersey in my collection in the back of my closet and wear the new one to the rest of the games this season.

i'm still waiting for another devils fan at prudential to come up to me and tell me "yo dude your jersey sucks."

i seriously hope we win a playoff series in these sweaters.

Last edited:
Reactions: devsman84

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
also, anyone who says the adidas sweaters are "shit quality" clearly has never touched or worn one. they're a lighter material, sure, but lighter material and good construction aren't mutually exclusive. it's not like it's coming apart at the seems. and yes, mine is a made-in-indonesia sweater.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
also, anyone who says the adidas sweaters are "**** quality" clearly has never touched or worn one. they're a lighter material, sure, but lighter material and good construction aren't mutually exclusive. it's not like it's coming apart at the seems. and yes, mine is a made-in-indonesia sweater.

Personally, I like the lighter material. I have a few authentic Reeboks and a few replica ones, and I find the replica version more comfortable to wear to games. I absolutely understand why the avid collectors would want the real deal, but for me they aren't so much a collection as they are my way of supporting the team/player at home and away games. Also agree with your point on material and construction. My different Reeboks have held up just the same so far (this may be different if I was wearing them to play hockey). I had my wife, who sews quilts as a hobby, inspect the Indo-Adidas jerseys at the Rock for any blemishes or pulls, and they passed her test. The worst we saw on some were some loose threads sticking up or a stitch slightly out of place, but nothing that would really impact wearing it to games.

Reactions: New Jersey

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i like the jerseys. i didnt think they needed to be changed and i'm not sure i like them as much as the old ones, but you can look around the league and see pretty elaborate and ugly designs. the devils jersey are still simple and tasteful. times change and the devils removed a stripe from the waist and tightened up the shoulders, if this is such a problem that you are still pissed off 7 months later then either your priorities are messed up or i admire the lack of real problems in your life that would put this in perspective

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
my favorite was people freaking the f*** out over the cup years being in a green band :laugh:

also hilarious was people going "oh who gives a shit about the scouts and rockies?" as if you never saw chico resch rockies jerseys or kc scouts hats at the rock like seven years ago.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i get the initial freakout and displeasure with them, but they're not going to change them back any time soon, what's the point of attacking other devils fans on a message board half a year later for liking them or buying them? it's probably the least drastic jersey change in nhl history!

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Still feel exactly the same I did when the jerseys were released. I will always like the old ones better and will always want the old ones back. There was no reason to change.

The new design is the only thing that has kept me from buying a new jersey this year.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
ah the classic "no your opinion is incorrect" thread

there always has to be at least one at any given time

if you are of the opinion that the new jerseys aren't good, that's cool, but the only thing worse than the jerseys themselves are telling people who like them that they're ****ty and not worth buying. it accomplishes nothing and is petty af.

all this thread makes me want to do is put a hold on my rotation and put every other jersey in my collection in the back of my closet and wear the new one to the rest of the games this season.

i'm still waiting for another devils fan at prudential to come up to me and tell me "yo dude your jersey sucks."

i seriously hope we win a playoff series in these sweaters.

This post many times. Hit the nail right on the head.

Again I don't mind if someone doesn't like them or prefer the old ones, but this thread has been perpetuated by a handful of whiney fans who have managed to drag this out this long.

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016
The team playing well serves as an effective distraction from the quality of the uniforms they are wearing. And those uniforms are still crap.

Hasn't stopped a very vocal portion of our fanbase from still complaining about it (repeatedly) in here. In fact, most if not all of them are ones who liked your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->