Speculation: New jersey #s

Aug 3, 2010
someone shared this on CP

5:47 in they bring up jersey #s

63 is his training camp number
would prefer 93
believes rule is under 40

Just after 8 minutes in Bennett talks about Stajan & Raymond were 2 vets that really made him feel welcome. When we talk about Raymond this is something we may forget about him.

Finally got a chance to watch this, it's a pretty good interview seeing as there's a range of not often talked about topics which are still relevant, and Bennett gives a decent interview about his insights as a rookie. Thanks for sharing, 100TG.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Guess this could change the trend of vets under 30.... 67 is a good number though.
the same exception was made for Kessel in Toronto. IIRC the example Burke always used was Jagr and how if he ever acquired Jagr he wouldn't ask him to change his 68

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Damn, he's my new avatar lol.

I think it just indicates that, like 100TG, the team still considers him to be a prospect. He is also waiver-eligible. I would assume that if he makes the team out of camp, he'll be given an official number just before the season starts, just like Gaudreau.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think it just indicates that, like 100TG, the team still considers him to be a prospect. He is also waiver-eligible. I would assume that if he makes the team out of camp, he'll be given an official number just before the season starts, just like Gaudreau.
I don't think he makes the team out of camp unless we move some bodies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I was curious about that, too. I guess he could have wanted 19 all along. In Colorado, he couldn't wear it because of Sakic. In his first year here, Blair Jones had 19.
He wore 23 in college and the AHL, I think Hejduk (or is it d before j?) had that in Colorado

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He wore 23 in college and the AHL, I think Hejduk (or is it d before j?) had that in Colorado

I've always remembered it as "Hedge Duck," so you're spelling it right. I guess that makes sense. He's just taking whatever number he can given he can't have the number he wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad