GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Washington Capitals 7:00PM: Playing out the stretch edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
If you look at Cory's stats over this season (not including maybe a team he's played just one time all season) his worst GAA and save percentage has gotta be against the Capitals. And he's even got a shutout (a 1-0 shutout that we wouldn't have won if he gave up a goal) against them in one game this season.

This is the one team who has ripped us apart this season. It's the one team that even Cory's goaltending hasn't saved us from this season.

Lets face it no one would be able to save us this season. Maybe Lou if he got rid of the ass clown earlier in the year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Please...Brodeur has probably won more one goal games than anyone in modern history.... and what the the hell does Brodeur have to do with any way?

Why do you rip on Cory every time (which is very rare the last couple month) he has a bad game?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Why do you rip on Cory every time (which is very rare the last couple month) he has a bad game?

Why do you rip an old useless Zubrus who makes half of Cory and is inconsequential to anything? We all have our issues.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I swear that play looked very similar to our OT loss against Boston. It was almost identical and a flashback.

We've lost quite a few OT games since the coaching change, it seems more than half the times we've went to OT we've lost.

Not sure if it's just bad luck or if we open it up more. Seems like we sat back and played for the shootout a lot before DeBoer was gone.

Lou seems annoyed in the presser. Maybe it's because he had to listen to that pitiful Taylor Swift song blaring in the background?:laugh:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Pretty good effort by the team. Nice to see them actually outshoot an opponent for once. Cool that Zajac got a shorthanded goal, and Bernier continued to show some chemistry with Gomez.

As for Cory, he seems to struggle against the Capitals for whatever reason, but I'm not going to criticize him when he's been our best player all year, he's kept us in so many games we had no business being in, and he has stolen some wins the team didn't deserve. Going into next season, Cory is the least of my concerns, so I'm not going to harp about his performance tonight. It's not representative of his goaltending abilities, so I'm not worried about it really.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
To get away from the nonsense of the last few pages, did anyone ask Lou before the game or in the presser why Matteau sat? They've seen Zubrus/Ruutu all season, they shouldn't need a few more meaningless games to evaluate them...start evaluating the kid.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
To get away from the nonsense of the last few pages, did anyone ask Lou before the game or in the presser why Matteau sat? They've seen Zubrus/Ruutu all season, they shouldn't need a few more meaningless games to evaluate them...start evaluating the kid.

TG asked why Matteau was healthy scratched. Lou said, "No reason."

Shame as far as I'm concerned. I didn't get to see Matteau play last night. Would have liked to see him get some action this evening.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Pete snuck in and switched the lineup last second.

I asked about that early and no one knew. I didn't see the postgame though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

He was never going to reveal why. We know that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
TG asked why Matteau was healthy scratched. Lou said, "No reason."

Shame as far as I'm concerned. I didn't get to see Matteau play last night. Would have liked to see him get some action this evening.

I figured :laugh:

If there was an injury I'd have to assume he would have at least given some indication of that so clearly it was a coach's decision...then again since you don't have to put guys on IR you can be even more covert at this time of the year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least I won't be going to Raleigh on Saturday.

If we lose to that pile of feces while I was in attendance, I think I might start a Vancouver style riot.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

TG-When I asked Lamoriello the reasoning for sitting Matteau tonight, eh said, “There's no real reason.â€

“We've got healthy players who we want to put them in situations that they can succeed and we'll go game by game and see what the best situation is for the young guys,†Lamoriello said. “Should they stay? How long? There's no definite plan. It's going to really (depend) on the how the game is, who's healthy, who isn't healthy, a lot of variables.â€

“What he brings every night is energy and physicality,†Lamoriello said. “I don't think there's anyone he fears. I think he'd rather go through than around you. I think that's what you need on the road.â€

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why do you rip an old useless Zubrus who makes half of Cory and is inconsequential to anything? We all have our issues.

Zubrus makes this team worse.

Schneider does not.

Are you serious? Zubrus and his 50 game goal drought and being outscored by the every 4th liner on this roster?

This is the difference between arguably our WORST player and our BEST player.

Fraser is probably our worst player, he just hasn't been in the lineup all season like Zubrus has.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boucher was invisible tonight. I'm not confident that he's ready for the NHL next year, no need to rush him when he's still waiver eligible.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I figured :laugh:

If there was an injury I'd have to assume he would have at least given some indication of that so clearly it was a coach's decision...then again since you don't have to put guys on IR you can be even more covert at this time of the year.

Yeah, Lou doesn't really reveal much. He's a closed vault.

I don't think Matteau is injured, and I hope he isn't. I feel like it's just a coach's decision not to play him, but what do I know? I don't live in Lou's head, after all. :p:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
At least I won't be going to Raleigh on Saturday.

If we lose to that pile of feces while I was in attendance, I think I might start a Vancouver style riot.

Khudobin? :sarcasm:

I was wondering why the heck you'd make that trip in late March anyway unless you were already planning to see friends or something :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad