GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Toronto Maple Leafs - 7pm, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
From last night.. Vitek looked like he was coming back to form from a positional standpoint… but he’s still working through it. 20 games to right that ship.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
My biggest issue with the game last night was the horrendous performance by Graves and Siegs. Siegenthaler has to figure it out. He has been mediocre or worse for a while now and it will be a problem in the playoffs.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vitek will turn it around and you want to see your goalie make a save he shouldn't like Samsonov did but you can't really think Schmid is the answer down the stretch I think he might be too green yet to expect that of him....
He may be too green, but I also don't think the staff should hesitate to use him more often if Vitek continues to struggle.

He didn't have his best game against Vegas, but it wasn't that bad of a game either.

And he came in and saved us against Colorado in the 3rd period. He didn't have to stand on his head or anything, but I could have easily saw a repeat (or precursor lol) of last night where we lose that in regulation if he wasn't pulled when he was, particularly with the way he's playing right now.

I'm not saying to play him most of the games, but I could see a scenario where he should play more than once a week.

And he may struggle in some of those games, because struggling is something he hasn't really gone through yet, other than maybe that St. Louis game where he allowed 4 goals on like 18 shots or something.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
i just re-watched the SHG. i didnt even realize, hamilton rifled a pass that was into hischiers skates, then it banked off his foot to meier, who really didn't have much of an opportunity to corral it before marner was all over it.
That's why I said nothing about Timo there. Hamilton did nobody any favors with that rifle pass. He was under duress for sure but Timo was handcuffed and flat footed to deal with the stick lift. It was 4 unfortunate events all in one.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
That's why I said nothing about Timo there. Hamilton did nobody any favors with that rifle pass. He was under duress for sure but Timo was handcuffed and flat footed to deal with the stick lift. It was 4 unfortunate events all in one.
Yeah. It's the type of play that if executed, it would've been great, cause Nico would've had all the time in the world to create a high danger chance as he probably would've been alone in the slot.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 5.15.01 PM.png

Unfortunate it was in his skates.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
At least I got to see the whole Party Time Palat clip. And they used Never Go Home for the song, awesome 😎

TF1970

May 9, 2021
My biggest issue with the game last night was the horrendous performance by Graves and Siegs. Siegenthaler has to figure it out. He has been mediocre or worse for a while now and it will be a problem in the playoffs.
I think siegenthaler was fine aside from anytime he has to handle the puck in transitional situations, which is typically minimal. Graves OTOH has not been good lately a majority of the time, making too many glaring misplays. Seems like he’s either really solid or noticeably bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad