GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Minnesota Wild: Team Lars v. Team Palmieri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just got back from the game and have come to the FINAL conclusion that Merrill is and always will be a 7th Dmen/ AHL player. Forget his plus/minus tonight, those stats are deceiving as hell. He contributed directly to a goal and both penalties were stupid ones. I don't want to see him ever again on the ice. On a positive note, DSP is REALLY impressing me since he was traded here. Though he isn't the fastest skater on the ice, he's a work horse looking for those dirty goals and has the hands for it. Glad Sislo finally broke the ice. Blandisi had some nice passes created the 2 goals in the 2nd period. All in all, not a bad game at all!

I'm thinking Merrill will be a #5-ish defenseman at the NHL level.

I'm not a fan of his at all, I actually don't even like him at all over these last two years.

But I pine for him when I have to watch Warsofsky and Helgeson play. So I will probably hold my complaints on him, if it keeps us from having that AHL pairing back in.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
I'm thinking Merrill will be a #5-ish defenseman at the NHL level.

I'm not a fan of his at all, I actually don't even like him at all over these last two years.

But I pine for him when I have to watch Warsofsky and Helgeson play. So I will probably hold my complaints on him, if it keeps us from having that AHL pairing back in.

I think I would take Hulk over Merrill at this point in time. Atleast Hulk is a big body and can take/make hits. Merrill crumbles like a paper bag if he is touched by a feather.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think I would take Hulk over Merrill at this point in time. Atleast Hulk is a big body and can take/make hits. Merrill crumbles like a paper bag if he is touched by a feather.

I'm sure someone is gonna say ''So he's your new punching bag?'', especially with the fascination with this player recently.

But I don't really understand what people see in Helgeson, that makes him any better than a #7 NHL defenseman/career minor league defenseman.

Watch him the next time he plays. He constantly gets trapped in his end more than the rest of the defensemen. I'm sure his advanced stats are not very good either.

He's okay. I don't mind him playing if one of the 6 regulars we have is out once in a while or injured and we have to play him. But I don't care to see him in when everyone is healthy. I don't think he's terrible, he's just not an every night NHL player to me. He's probably not worse than most teams #7 guy, but I would say he's worse than most teams #6 guy. He's not like Mark Fraser bad or the last few years of Salvador bad, he's just not all that great either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad