GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Columbus Blue Jackets 7:00 PM MSG+

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Didn't think a bigger homer than Chico existed... Dano is unbareable at times.

He should have just stayed doing intermissions and filling in on NHL live. Now that hes been overexposed, its tough to listen to.

I think the whole crew is just following orders. Go back to Chico, and now to Dano, plus Steve and Deb, they are all a bunch of homers.

I'm cool with Dano otherwise. I think his personality is still effective in in game situations.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Which is why I said I have no problem with how he played this season for the most part. His lack of production for most of the season is the result of a decline in skill because of age. The effort was usually almost always there.

The last week or maybe a little more though, the effort has not been there from him. The way he's played in this last week at least, has been more about a guy checking out than declining skill due to age IMO.

Elias is not a hard driving player. Never was. So now that he is older, slower, and a bit disinterested it does start to look bad.

For those that are so set on keeping him around in order to keep him as a lifetime Devil, are we ok with watching the guy float around as an unhappy player to end his career?

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
I was at the game tonight, and ... really I don't think they played that poorly. There's just no talent to speak of on the team. There's Cammalleri who is a genuine top-6 offensive threat and then there's... I think Elias still could be if he wasn't saddled with Gionta and Zubrus on what is effectively the team's fourth line.

I agree - Elias is being put into the checking center role and while Zubs and Gionta hustle and play well defensively - in the o zone they are losing the puck to much.

I also thought the refs let a lot go and was a bit of a BS call on Elias on the end there so I understood his frustration.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I think the whole crew is just following orders. Go back to Chico, and now to Dano, plus Steve and Deb, they are all a bunch of homers.

I'm cool with Dano otherwise. I think his personality is still effective in in game situations.

Yeah, let's get Steggy and Homer Joe or Bumbling Butch in, they are fair & balanced.

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
The call on Matteau was BS. Elias was guilty as charged. Stupid play by him.

I should phrase it better, its not that Elias did not commit a penalty but I thought the Jackets had gotten away with a few that the whistles seemed put away and to call that was a bit surprising considering what was let go.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Didn't Fraser do something stupid that led to the breakaway that became the penalty shot? LOL I can't remember, Fraser does so much stupid **** throughout a game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Didn't Fraser do something stupid that led to the breakaway that became the penalty shot? LOL I can't remember, Fraser does so much stupid **** throughout a game.

I don't think he was on the ice.
Watching it live I thought it was Fraser who shot in the slot but I'm thinking it was Gelinas in retrospect because I doubt that Fraser could even get off a shot.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think he was on the ice.
Watching it live I thought it was Fraser who shot in the slot but I'm thinking it was Gelinas in retrospect because I doubt that Fraser could even get off a shot.

I'm pretty sure Fraser fell down Clarkson style and lost control of the puck.

I'm pretty sure it was #32 and not #22.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It wouldn't be out of the question.
The Fraser countdown is on, 5 more possible games of watching that trainwreck.

I wouldn't hold your breath. With the amount of ice time he gets and them wanting to play him most games, I'm sure he'll be back as the number 7 next year.:shakehead:help:

And when I say the amount of ice time, I don't mean the amount of minutes he plays in a game, he still plays less than every other defenseman. I mean the fact that he plays PK and just the fact that he even plays at all, even if it's only 14 minutes a game.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The call on Matteau was BS. Elias was guilty as charged. Stupid play by him.

When you wind up like Matteau did with the ref right there, he is going to call that every single time.

It is absolutely a penalty. I'm not sure if it's a penalty shot entirely but it's a slash.

I should phrase it better, its not that Elias did not commit a penalty but I thought the Jackets had gotten away with a few that the whistles seemed put away and to call that was a bit surprising considering what was let go.

That was a total makeup call. We were getting a way with a good amount and they got called for penalties because they weren't doing it as smart or as sneaky as the Devils. The one penalty was for a scrum and only the CBJ player went off so I would presume he jabbed at Schneider or something along those lines to get the only penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad