GDT: New Jersey Devils vs Carolina Hurricanes - M*A*S*H 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I also can't wait for the Devils to actually shock us and be "competitive"(aka Cory standing on his head again) and manage to take the hawks to OT(where we then lose in the shootout). :sarcasm:

Kane Vs Cory in a shootout.....yikes

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Ahahaha the shots were 40-16!? And 17-1 in the third? What the actual ****, I thought we played the Canes not the Penguins. Nice to see Cory deliver an outstanding performance to bail the team out, again.

And one more laugh at Deboer for benching Gelinas the 2nd half of the game. Yea Pete, the rest of the team really stepped up defensively holding the Canes to a mere 17 shots in 1 period. What brilliant tactics benching Gelinas so our true stalwarts on defense minimize the opponents opportunities. At the very least he's another body to give the rest of the defense a break.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
I hope Pete isn't feeling validated after that. If that's how he thinks you're supposed to win games no wonder why this team blows leads like Yosemite blows period.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I hope Pete isn't feeling validated after that. If that's how he thinks you're supposed to win games no wonder why this team blows leads like Yosemite blows period.

aside from 5 good minutes in the second period the devils played as bad as they did all season and its complete injustice that they earned two points.

shcnedier was fantastic and gomez and jagr had 1 or 2 good shifts and they found a win... i am more concerned with this game than i have been about most of their losses this year

they play like this tonight and it will be a slaughter

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
DeBoer: "(We were) hanging on, but I don't care at this point. We just need points. It's a tough building against a desperate team."

Only Peter DeBoer would call a half full arena on a Monday night in December to the worst team in the league a "tough building"

he didn't really say it last night did he? that's the problem he should have acknowledged schneiders effort and then ripped into the performance last night.

against a desperate team? pete your team should be friggin desperate and so should you..

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
40 to 16!? How in the hell?

Also, how are people still saying Henrique has been underwhelming? He's been solid all year.

Last edited:

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
People on this board are pretty ridiculous...the Devils gutted out a road win while missing Zajac, Cammalleri, Elias and Zubrus. Be happy for once. The Devils shouldn't be winning any games with those forwards out.

TheSituation

Dec 26, 2007
New York City
DeBoer is an idiot for benching Gelinas. Yeah, he struggles with his positioning, but he's our only physical defenseman who is gritty enough to win corner battles and clear the net. The Canes were camped in front of the net all night and crashed Cory at will.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
People on this board are pretty ridiculous...the Devils gutted out a road win while missing Zajac, Cammalleri, Elias and Zubrus. Be happy for once. The Devils shouldn't be winning any games with those forwards out.

Should've ended with, "The Devils shouldn't be winning any games".

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
If it weren't for Corey standing on his head last night, the Devils deserved to lose to a HORRIBLE Carolina team in a building with 2,000 people in it. Schneider prevented rock bottom last night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Someone keep track of how long the puck will be in our zone tonight.
It could be up to 50 minutes.

Last night's strategy was hold on for dear life for the final 20 minutes and hope they shoot high or wide.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ

No because when we have those guys in the lineup, we lose. This team makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad