GDT: New Jersey Devils vs. Anaheim Ducks 7:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I guess that's him - felt like he didn't play any games at all but after reading this - it's him for sure. Wow talk about a team in chaos -forgot all about Nieds suspension too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/03/25/sports/hockey-for-robinson-a-bright-but-bittersweet-debut.html

:laugh: that might be the most explicit Lou has ever been "I will trade him this summer"

The general rumor was that Quint showed up to practice badly banged up and at that point in time with the state of the team, Lou's policies aside, couldn't have occured at a worse time.

Tikkanen was acquired for a 3rd and Lou flipped him literally a few weeks later for a 2nd :laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Esa Tikkanen only lasted a few days here too, maybe him?

I'd like to one day get an answer from Lou on what happened with Esa and why he dealt him away.

Tikk was clearly not done as a player and he played extremely well vs us for the Rags in the 1997 series.

Drewr15

Jun 30, 2005
New Milford, CT
I'd like to one day get an answer from Lou on what happened with Esa and why he dealt him away.

Tikk was clearly not done as a player and he played extremely well vs us for the Rags in the 1997 series.

Something about health I thought. For some reason I remember there was some issue about his knee not being as healthy as the Devils were led to believe.

And yeah I had heard Quint was partying to much.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
Something about health I thought. For some reason I remember there was some issue about his knee not being as healthy as the Devils were led to believe.

And yeah I had heard Quint was partying to much.

That's what I remember reading in the paper about Esa after he was traded away, but then remember reading on here that he caused a food fight or something. Maybe i'm getting him confused with someone else.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Esa's knee was fine enough for him to score 9 playoff goals in 15 games for the Rags the next season after we traded him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad