Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Sad thing when a team can't even get fired up against its most bitter rival

Especially given that they managed to beat em twice already thus season
Mentally devs should have the upper hand going in

If they play hard and lose the points I can accept it but tonight was a disgrace

exactly this….no excuse not to up your game vs a hated rival.

a few years ago my soccer club had an extremely huge rival of which no one on either team liked each other.

they were the more talented team and had full squads for both games against them while we showed up with only 1 or 2 subs each time.

they lost 2 games in a 20 game season.

both to us, both 1-0.

why? cause we wanted to beat those ****s down with mad passion….we stepped it up

devils need the same mind set….tonight was a joke

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
Was Blandisi actually demoted to playing with Gionta and Tootoo?

Or was this a broken line change/mixing and matching of the lines in desperation? I would hope he's earned a MUCH longer leash than being demoted to playing with them not even 1 game into a pointless drought.

i think he was double shifted, he was back with rico after that

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i think he was double shifted, he was back with rico after that

Sounds good.

He would be grossly misused right now on that line. Boucher has been grossly misused with the invisi-twins, while their missing triplet has been a 200 pound anchor on Zajac and Palmieri.

Kalinin has 2 points in 17 games and is playing with Zajac and Palmieri, yet people wanna blame Zajac and Palmieri for being invisible. These guys don't do jack at even strength, look who they're playing with.

At least try Boucher there. Kalinin has proven he can't produce offense with them, Boucher at least has yet. Not for an extended time at least.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Oilers have been outscored 13-2 the last two games.... so yeah we better beat them.

Problem is are they really that bad enough to get blown out in three straight games? They were actually playing well once McDavid got back.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
On one hand, we were bound to lose to them at some point this season. Although paying them back for last year and sweeping them ourselves this year would have been pretty damn sweet too.

But the effort was lousy. All in all, this is why I am more infuriated with some of the disgraceful efforts against piece of **** Toronto and Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado, whatever other cream of the crap opponent we've flushed points to. Oh yeah Columbus is another one, they're so irrelevant right now and we haven't played them in months, I've forgotten all about them.

Exactly. I'm still even more annoyed about those games than tonight, or blowing the Caps game. I'm a little worried about a fourth game in six nights with this bunch if they're really fighting the flu.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
On one hand, we were bound to lose to them at some point this season. Although paying them back for last year and sweeping them ourselves this year would have been pretty damn sweet too.

But the effort was lousy. All in all, this is why I am more infuriated with some of the disgraceful efforts against piece of **** Toronto and Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado, whatever other cream of the crap opponent we've flushed points to. Oh yeah Columbus is another one, they're so irrelevant right now and we haven't played them in months, I've forgotten all about them.

record vs. bottom 5 scrubs this season is maddening to say the least
so many points forfeited like it was nothing after proving they can mount an upset vs. tough squads
the losses to cbj and edmonton ate me up the most :shakehead

and not only do we have a late Feb game vs. cbj, but a back to back in March...
gonna be too little too late anyway if they're gonna stink it up like they did tonight

the officiating was abysmal, one-sided, and downright disgusting
but even if we had a few power plays tonight I'm not sure it would have mattered

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
record vs. bottom 5 scrubs this season is maddening to say the least
so many points forfeited like it was nothing after proving they can mount an upset vs. tough squads
the losses to cbj and edmonton ate me up the most :shakehead

and not only do we have a late Feb game vs. cbj, but a back to back in March...
gonna be too little too late anyway if they're gonna stink it up like they did tonight

the officiating was abysmal, one-sided, and downright disgusting
but even if we had a few power plays tonight I'm not sure it would have mattered

I forgot CBJ was even in the league anymore, I might not have remembered until our next matchup against that sack of **** maggot infested team.

I was on my way home from dinner during warm ups. I purposely didn't check to see if Gelinas was dressed during warm ups, as I didn't wanna get fired up on the road.:laugh:

Figured I'd wait to get home to see if he was in. I had a feeling it was bad news when Severson was practicing with the scratch boys yesterday, and they were the only guys practicing yesterday. Then Hynes comment about game time decision didn't give me much hope. It shouldn't have been a game time decision, you could make that decision with your eyes closed.

Not impressed with Hiney Head's decisions to play him constantly. I ask ONCE AGAIN. He wasn't good enough to play to start the season, they wouldn't keep him in the lineup consistently unless we played 7 defensemen those nights, just 3 weeks ago he was being scratched for AHL Marc-Andre Gragnani. WHAT THE HELL MAKES HIM SO GOOD TO PLAY THREE GAMES IN A ROW NOW? After **** up after **** up.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
exactly this….no excuse not to up your game vs a hated rival.

a few years ago my soccer club had an extremely huge rival of which no one on either team liked each other.

they were the more talented team and had full squads for both games against them while we showed up with only 1 or 2 subs each time.

they lost 2 games in a 20 game season.

both to us, both 1-0.

why? cause we wanted to beat those ****s down with mad passion….we stepped it up

devils need the same mind set….tonight was a joke

right on
now that's what I'm talkin about

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I forgot CBJ was even in the league anymore, I might not have remembered until our next matchup against that sack of **** maggot infested team.

I was on my way home from dinner during warm ups. I purposely didn't check to see if Gelinas was dressed during warm ups, as I didn't wanna get fired up on the road.:laugh:

Figured I'd wait to get home to see if he was in. I had a feeling it was bad news when Severson was practicing with the scratch boys yesterday, and they were the only guys practicing yesterday. Then Hynes comment about game time decision didn't give me much hope. It shouldn't have been a game time decision, you could make that decision with your eyes closed.

Not impressed with Hiney Head's decisions to play him constantly. I ask ONCE AGAIN. He wasn't good enough to play to start the season, they wouldn't keep him in the lineup consistently unless we played 7 defensemen those nights, just 3 weeks ago he was being scratched for AHL Marc-Andre Gragnani. WHAT THE HELL MAKES HIM SO GOOD TO PLAY THREE GAMES IN A ROW NOW? After **** up after **** up.

yeah I commented on the gelly thing somewhere earlier in the thread
like just how BAD must sevs rep be with hynes to keep playing gelinas? I can't imagine...

I get sending a message but dang I think he got the msg these past two games
3rd time is entering mind**** territory now, for fans more than severson!
like is severson being that much of a slug in practice?

I saw those vids of hynes riding him earlier in the season, and yeah it was warranted cause he was phoning it in on game night at times
but this is overkill now and it's painful to watch

I'm sorry but gelinas lucked into those couple points recently
other than that he's been a parade of errors out there with greater frequency than I can even recall
I actually feel bad for the guy lately, more often than not he really is lost out there
I usually can't even be bothered to pick him apart for f'ing up but enough is enough

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Exactly. I'm still even more annoyed about those games than tonight, or blowing the Caps game. I'm a little worried about a fourth game in six nights with this bunch if they're really fighting the flu.

But then we can point to a number of games we shouldn't have been winning either. We already beat the Rags twice, swept the Hawks, etc.

The points we blew evens out in the end with the points we had no business getting.

Just have to bounce back (something this team has done a number of times this year) and get back on track.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Problem is are they really that bad enough to get blown out in three straight games? They were actually playing well once McDavid got back.

They've been completely bipolar since he came back. They won their first two with him back, outscoring their opposition 12-3. Now they've lost two in a row, being outscored 13-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad