GDT: New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
we should beat the oilers but i wouldn't be surprised if they don't put up a challenge

I'm not as worried about them as I am us to be honest. We have a tendency to play to the level of our competition, and sometimes on an emotional night like it will be things can go wrong. I really just hope we come out flying and pot a goal or two in the first to take the lead.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lol, I have no idea why that dude was upset over that. Very sensitive I guess.

I have nothing against Ovechkin personally, but there were many players I couldn't stand that were highly regarded. Obviously most of them weren't as good as Ovechkin. Couldn't stand Thomas or Andreychuk, both wound up playing with us. Although I didn't dislike Thomas until he played for us. There's probably many more that escape my mind.

To me it's almost like saying ''What? You like music but you don't like Mozart or Beethoven?'' or ''You listen to rock music but you don't like The Beatles? You're so lame!''

Maybe a little bit different, as Ovechkin isn't a pioneer of the game. But that's what I think of.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only good thing about this game is we came out with a real dud the last time we beat the Rangers.

Last time we beat the Rangers last week, we were awful against Toronto.

We might be too high if we beat the Rangers tonight, and lay an egg tomorrow night.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
@Ledger_NJDevils

Cory Schneider and Kyle Palmieri suggested the Devils weren't prepared for the Rangers game. Don't think I've heard that before this season.

Geee YA THINK? Clearly the guys drank too much last night at the Stuperbowl parties

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
Usually, I'm not the one to blame the refs, but that was ridiculous. Also, leave Gelly, Gionta, Tootoo, and Kennedy in NYC.

Devils deserved to lose the way they played, but the officiating was horrendous. The outcome of this game is probably different if the officials didn't have a clear agenda. I mean The last game against the Rangers was poor as well. But the Devils made sure they made the most of what they were given. This game the refs just took the pp's away from the Devils, and gave a few phantom ones to the Rangers.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
Add Kennedy to the list.

Don't even think I need to mention Ruutu, as he hasn't graced us with his presence in weeks now.

And I think you can count on him not being back. He probably wants to come back as much as Havlat did this year.

But I'm sure he'll be back in when Kalinin is scratched. Not that I have much use for Kalinin right now, but Tootoo is HORRIFIC when the puck is in the defensive zone. Always ices it, can't get a clear. He needs to be phased out after this year.

Tootoo, Gionta, Kennedy, Gelly and Ruutu will all be phased out this offseason and replaced with young guys with speed and heart. It will be glorious.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
@Ledger_NJDevils

Cory Schneider and Kyle Palmieri suggested the Devils weren't prepared for the Rangers game. Don't think I've heard that before this season.

Geee YA THINK? Clearly the guys drank too much last night at the Stuperbowl parties

They weren't. They were distracted and not in this game. Maybe there were thinking about tomorrow, IDK.

This was a no show tonight.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
@Ledger_NJDevils

Schneider looked prepared at least, and a couple of the players, but most of the team looked like dog ****.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Cory losing faith

@Ledger_NJDevils 2m2 minutes ago

Schneider said he was "a little bit" worried about the fact that the Devils haven't won in three games and there are just 28 games left.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least we broke the shutout.

God forbid Lundqvist got another shutout to compile as he approaches and eventually breaks Marty's record!:sarcasm:

I was told Cam Ward or Al Montoya would do it first!:laugh:

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
Devils deserved to lose the way they played, but the officiating was horrendous. The outcome of this game is probably different if the officials didn't have a clear agenda. I mean The last game against the Rangers was poor as well. But the Devils made sure they made the most of what they were given. This game the refs just took the pp's away from the Devils, and gave a few phantom ones to the Rangers.

They can't get pinned in their zone like that its just frustrating how they can never clear the zone especially with gelly out there.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I think this might be the nail in the coffin. But realistically the inability to win a shootout is gonna be the death.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
@TGfireandice now3 seconds ago

Palmieri sounded pretty congested after game. Said he started feeling sick Sunday and a few guys on team are fighting a bug.

AKA Hung over :laugh::laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They can't get pinned in their zone like that its just frustrating how they can never clear the zone especially with gelly out there.

Gelinas has seemed to be out there almost always when Tootoo and the 4th line are out there these last two games.

They get pinned in for like a century.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sweeping the Rags most likely wasn't going to happen. We have another game to win the season series. We still got games against the Isles and Pitt coming up too.

Bounce back on Marty night and start a winning streak this weekend.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No Hynes presser on the post game, no TG at the game.

Henrique was one of the only interviews I caught. Pretty much agreed the effort was not there, Schneids was the best player.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think Zajac is on a 4 game point streak

But screw him bro, guy kills offense and is keeping Kalinin from scoring more!:laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No Hynes presser on the post game, no TG at the game.

Henrique was one of the only interviews I caught. Pretty much agreed the effort was not there, Schneids was the best player.

Hynes ripped them a new one most likely, and they know they didn't come to play tonight.

Bounce back tomorrow. Simple as that.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
@Ledger_NJDevils

Sad thing when a team can't even get fired up against its most bitter rival

Especially given that they managed to beat em twice already thus season
Mentally devs should have the upper hand going in

If they play hard and lose the points I can accept it but tonight was a disgrace

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Was Blandisi actually demoted to playing with Gionta and Tootoo?

Or was this a broken line change/mixing and matching of the lines in desperation? I would hope he's earned a MUCH longer leash than being demoted to playing with them not even 1 game into a pointless drought.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sad thing when a team can't even get fired up against its most bitter rival

Especially given that they managed to beat em twice already thus season
Mentally devs should have the upper hand going in

If they play hard and lose the points I can accept it but tonight was a disgrace

On one hand, we were bound to lose to them at some point this season. Although paying them back for last year and sweeping them ourselves this year would have been pretty damn sweet too.

But the effort was lousy. All in all, this is why I am more infuriated with some of the disgraceful efforts against piece of **** Toronto and Calgary, Edmonton, Colorado, whatever other cream of the crap opponent we've flushed points to. Oh yeah Columbus is another one, they're so irrelevant right now and we haven't played them in months, I've forgotten all about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad