GDT: New Jersey Devils @ New York Islanders - 7:30pm

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Most players would've done much worse than what Pulock did. He didn't add any extra force on top his natural movement into the hit. He could've easily laid way harder into it (and most players would've).

I agree. I noted it wasn’t egregious but it’s just unnecessary. I also agree Hischier downer need to put himself in a risky spot. Still the huts to the back just don’t need to be part of thr game.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
god I hope the PP is Actually Good

I would kill for an Actually Good pp

Jack sneaked in front for the tap in goal. Bratt sneaked into the front for the screen on Luke's goal. These things never happened last year. It was very static with people in the same spot the entire pp. The guys are constantly moving around and adjusting, not forcing a specific play and are being allowed to be creative (other than drop pass on entries, please scrap that).

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
I agree. I noted it wasn’t egregious but it’s just unnecessary. I also agree Hischier downer need to put himself in a risky spot. Still the huts to the back just don’t need to be part of thr game.

It's so hard not to do what comes naturally. Jack has done a really good job of knowing when to crash the boards and his position himself near the boards. He was an injury waiting to happen his first couple of years.

Last edited:

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

There isn't anything Pulock could've done there. If he backed off, and Nico didn't put himself in a dumb position, Pulock essentially would've just gave the opponent free possession. That was entirely on Nico.

Camille the Eel

9 PPG through 4 games.

We had 49 total in 82 games last year.

So we're 18% of the way to last year's total in ~5% of the games
That means we’ve scored 9 of our 15 goals on the power play so far. Only 6 even strength.

What PP % is, I’m unsure, but we may even have scored on like 9 out of 15 man advantages (9 of 16 maybe?) and as some were just like 30 seconds long, the “real” percentage is even better than that.

This is just insane.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
What's your liquor of choice, good sir?

I'm gong to interject and say Romana Sambuca with Bailey's Irish Cream. No shots though. Definitely filling up the tumbler. It's my go to when things gets rough which means bottles fly off the liquor stores shelves during the playoffs.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
@Cheddabombs with the GDT Dub

IMG_1025.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad