GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:15pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Someone said his all around game is getting better, im just pointing out that his faceoff game is getting worst for some reason, and despite the fact that he kepts on mentionning hes working on it.

Faceoffs are an input that have next to no impact on the output. The output is what matters. He has 14 pts with a 61% CF and 57% xGF. Those are the things that matter

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
While one could gamble on the smaller, weaker, rush-centric, one-dimensional, pure playmaker in Jack Hughes, the option is available to select the more complete, versatile, powerful, relentless and creative cycle and boardwork player in Kaapo Kakko. There is less risk in Kaapo Kakko and yet a very high-level player. Hughes is much more of a boom-bust, one-dimensional pick with red flags that should warrant caution. Kaapo Kakko’s game is much more likely to translate to the NHL than Jack Hughes’. I believe that hockey IQ and awareness are the most important trait for prospects to have. Players drafted on the basis of skill above other deficiencies are riskier. When skill is prioritized above hockey IQ, and when the player’s hockey IQ is average, players like Jesse Puljujarvi and Nail Yakupov become early picks – those are extreme examples of highly-skilled forwards with average hockey IQ, but nevertheless the illustrate the potential floor that a skill-over-IQ player possesses. Sometimes, NHL teams gamble on these players with high picks. These are players who, in spite of their skill, struggle to process the game well enough to control the game. The potential for that player to become a project becomes that much greater. On that note, I believe that the puck-handling skills of Kakko and Hughes are similar. Kakko is the more complete thinker with greater creativity and intuition. There is some risk to Hughes, as he is a skill-above-IQ type of player, and a rush-centric player at that. Hughes’ hockey IQ is not his strongest attribute, and his success at lower levels comes primarily from his speed. When there are two options available as we have here, the high-IQ, high-floor player should be preferable.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
His faceoff game is beyond atrocious, closing in on 25%

IMG_1278.jpeg

This guy gets it. It’s all fine and dandy that Jack is dancing around like a primadonna and racking up points in meaningless early season games against the likes of the Habs. This means nothing in the long run. When the games matter in April Torts and his henchmen will teach Jack a lesson about an “all around game.” Enjoy this hot start because it won’t last. We saw what happened against Rod’s gang last spring. A tale as old as time. I’m sick of this shit.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
View attachment 757544

This guy gets it. It’s all fine and dandy that Jack is dancing around like a primadonna and racking up points in meaningless early season games against the likes of the Habs. This means nothing in the long run. When the games matter in April Torts and his henchmen will teach Jack a lesson about an “all around game.” Enjoy this hot start because it won’t last. We saw what happened against Rod’s gang last spring. A tale as old as time. I’m sick of this shit.
Get out of here RangerDoggo! Don't you have a fantasy Rangers cup parade to plan?

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Holtz is fine, I am not sure why people are praising him so much in this thread. He's just okay - not a liability like last year, but he's treading water. The third line was quite bad tonight - they don't seem to be able to break out of their own zone.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Holtz is fine, I am not sure why people are praising him so much in this thread. He's just okay - not a liability like last year, but he's treading water. The third line was quite bad tonight - they don't seem to be able to break out of their own zone.
Hate that the third line is a weak link. I’d still try Timo there. Put Holtz with Bratt or Hughes and he’ll be fine.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Must be because he lost all of those faceoffs. Bust.

9% faceoff wins isn't optimal, I'm a believer it can be improved. I'm guessing it plays a part in the continuous trend of getting outshot in the first round.

1698209066288.png

Nice to see few important guys going. Just need one game like the great vs. Av's game a year ago and we have a team.

Reactions: Guadana and Dialamo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad