GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Montreal Canadiens - 7:15pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
He has no business being in the NHL right now and he didn't last year either. He's fine as like a plug right now but why are you developing a 1OA pick to be a plug? It makes no sense to draft a guy that you say is a project and treat him as if he was a finished product jamming him right into the NHL. He's never going to be the player he was drafted to be (I don't think he was ever going to be that) without consistent touches and getting to play offense.
I honestly didn’t even notice him or hear his name called….

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
And the only city that will ignore him because he isn't French Canadian.
voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?

I was team Barzal, Patrick, Jack and did not give a f*** in the Nemec draft. Think I wanted Sanderson, Chychrun or Drysdale in ‘16.

I wanted Rossi but I admitted to being a sheep on that one. Also STI had everyone primed for Mercer being a possibility if I recall.
o_O

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Was watching the game with a friend so wasn’t active on here for the game, but that was a good game for the boys overall. Liked what the 4th line did, liked Timo and of course, Jack and Toffoli *chef’s kiss*

Recap:

CF%: 60%
SCF%: 59.42%
HDCF%: 56%
xGF: 4.12
xGA: 2.2
xGF%: 65.2%
Shots: 33-28 NJ

The boys are finding their game!
against an ahl team. calm down.

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
I mentioned earlier Zubrus was sitting in the row in front of me. Guy was there with his kids. He was hyper focused on the game, I don't think he said a word all evening, not even to his family. Free food and soda in our seating area, all he had was water. Promptly left the game as soon as it was 4-1 with like 9 minutes to go.

There was no way I was gonna bother Zubrasaurus, I was terrified!
Love me some Zub. My sister and I actually met him in the Newark airport back in 2011 or 2012 I believe. We talked with him for a minute or two. Super nice, quiet. I texted her a picture of him when they interviewed him between periods a few games ago and said he looks exactly the same lol. I’m pretty sure his son has autism or something? And he does a lot of charity work for it. He’s a good person. Glad to see him still around/watching the team.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Love me some Zub. My sister and I actually met him in the Newark airport back in 2011 or 2012 I believe. We talked with him for a minute or two. Super nice, quiet. I texted her a picture of him when they interviewed him between periods a few games ago and said he looks exactly the same lol. I’m pretty sure his son has autism or something? And he does a lot of charity work for it. He’s a good person. Glad to see him still around/watching the team.
Thanks for sharing! Everything I heard about him was positive. I recall during his time in NJ that he is a cool guy. I just did not feel like bothering him yesterday evening, even if it was going to be a brief 30 second chat.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Reaves is washed up....Whats your point ....Extra shots aren't given or get decreased when you have people like him on the team
I don’t believe the extra shots go down because you have some guy on the team that’s big value is chippy or tough play.

Players that like to shove opponents after the whistle, hit late, etc…are happier when the game turns into a chippy annoyance fest. That’s where they see their value.

So when you have guys on both teams taking liberties, the stakes get ramped up and there are even more chippy plays and bad hits as the referees slowly lose control of the game.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I didn’t necessarily like hearing that Brendan Smith has taken Luke Hughes under his wing to teach Luke how to play responsible NHL hockey.

Smith isn’t exactly the defender making the best risk/reward choices himself and Luke Hughes has such a different skillset that his risk/reward profile should likely be significantly different than Smith’s.

Smith seems like a smart guy so maybe he’s a better teacher than player. (Acknowledging that Smith is still better than 99.9%+ of the people on the planet at hockey)

The Invisible Guest

Apr 26, 2022
I'll just leave this here.

(maybe the person who makes the GDT can use it for tonight's against the Caps?)

toffolitrick-png.757613
I threw my hat. It didn’t make it to the ice.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Ease down, no need to be sexist because the board is full of savages who don’t take the proper care of their own clothes. (I got a limit of wife jokes I can take lol.)
lol I almost put a disclaimer to you and @Devilsgrl35, I knew I was walking a fine line. I was raised by women and live with only women, so needless to say, ultimate respect to women. Love y’all.

• Haha
Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad