GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Carolina Hurricanes: Last Second Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think Pittsburgh has a decent chance this year to make it past the first round if they can get their goaltending and offense both working at the same time.

And I forgot Malkin is out for at least the start of the playoffs. So on second thought, maybe not. With Malkin in the lineup and the Fleury of last year's playoffs, I think they can beat the Rangers. They just might have a better head coach than Dan and that nameless guy that just got fired.

Fake looking hair guy.

They still have the same problems they always have, but they are hot and the Rags look vulnerable so I think Pitt can win that series.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Florida is a likable team, so I'll be rooting for them, but I'd really like to see Ovechkin lift it. He's been an outrageously entertaining player for a long time.

But mostly it's all about whoever is playing the Rangers.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Anybody but the Rangers, Pens, Flyers, Avs, or Wild. I am kind of tired of the Hawks and Kings as well. I respect them for being basically the cap world versions of the Wings and Devils, but I wouldn't mind seeing some fresh blood win it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think this was the second game I missed all season, was it a total **** show?

The 1st period looked like it actually was taking place in Columbus, rather than Raleigh.

A gift goal to Farnham and Cam Ward getting caught out of net got us back down by 1 goal, early in the 2nd period. And that's exactly how the game ended. We looked amazing for 5 minutes or so, after Ward's softies deflated the Canes. But couldn't cash in.

We had 9 or 10 shots on goal in the 3rd period. One was a Blandisi breakaway, which was probably our best chance of the game. And then 7-8 point shots (not exaggerating at all) and one shot from Mike Sislo in the slot, which was an easy ass save for Ward.

I don't know what it was officially, but Sislo had at least 3 shots on goal in the 3rd period. 2 point shots, and the easy save on a 15MPH wrister in the slot. The Canes did an amazing job at shutting down almost our entire team in the 3rd, other than Mike Sislo. Unfortunately for us, you can be as bad or worse than Cam Ward is and still shutdown Sislo.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
The 1st period looked like it actually was taking place in Columbus, rather than Raleigh.

A gift goal to Farnham and Cam Ward getting caught out of net got us back down by 1 goal, early in the 2nd period. And that's exactly how the game ended. We looked amazing for 5 minutes or so, after Ward's softies deflated the Canes. But couldn't cash in.

We had 9 or 10 shots on goal in the 3rd period. One was a Blandisi breakaway, which was probably our best chance of the game. And then 7-8 point shots (not exaggerating at all) and one shot from Mike Sislo in the slot, which was an easy ass save for Ward.

I don't know what it was officially, but Sislo had at least 3 shots on goal in the 3rd period. 2 point shots, and the easy save on a 15MPH wrister in the slot. The Canes did an amazing job at shutting down almost our entire team in the 3rd, other than Mike Sislo. Unfortunately for us, you can be as bad or worse than Cam Ward is and still shutdown Sislo.

Thanks, I think I've seen this one numerous times lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad