Three stars vs. New Jersey - Dec 9

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
If Carey keeps it up, then that will be a real boost. I was not one way or the other on him when he came up first time, then again. I just had not seen enough of him to to understand the posts about him. I agree that he is showing some good stuff out there. He works hard and seems to be getting the hang of it now.

Even before this recent streak of games, he was making good plays more often than not. Someone posted that he had a fluke PP goal in Florida. Not a fluke goal to me, might've been a garbage-time goal, but someone set him up in front and he finished. He's also made some nice passes that didn't result in goals. He's strong on the forecheck. He seems to be a good passer and has chemistry with Nieves. The hate is coming from those who have agendas because Carey's roster spot is holding players they like down in Hartford.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Zucc needs to be a Ranger for his entire career. I was very skeptical of him his first couple of years on the team but I'm very happy to eat crow. Definitely one of my favorite players now.
I really would love that, too but I'm afraid I will be devastatingly disappointed if I invest my emotions in that hope.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Missed this one but thrilled for the continuation of Jesper Fast stunting a Triple Lindy on everyone.

Also nice to see apparent actual NHL scorer Paul Carey get on the board yet again rofl

Reactions: will1066

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Fast is shooting 27% but still deserves all the accolades. Guy needs a shot on the PP while Mika is still out.

Surprised there were so few votes for Hank, guy did come up with a couple series of very important saves.

I do hope AV finds a way to get Miller back on the wing when Mika is healthy. He's much more effective there.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Fast is shooting 27% but still deserves all the accolades. Guy needs a shot on the PP while Mika is still out.

Surprised there were so few votes for Hank, guy did come up with a couple series of very important saves.

I do hope AV finds a way to get Miller back on the wing when Mika is healthy. He's much more effective there.

There are no internal options unless Chytil is up. Zibanejad Hayes Miller Nieves. DD is now behind Carey as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: belford222

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
JT Miller now leads the team in assists.

He is so underrated! He skates, he hits, he produces! Go JT!

He need to shot more on both pp and 5 v 5 situations - he just lack confidence from end of last year & playoffs when it dried up. And it`s a learning process and I`m confident that J.T will score more goals when the line improve their chemistry. Hopefully J.T get his game going, but I`m not in a hurry. It`ll be interesting to watch Miller if he shots more in 2018 as he should, and if they pass too much it`s usually a sign of lack of self confidence and maybe he don`t believe in himself while shooting the puck. Maybe J.T need to shot more in train sessions as well - to use his overall skills and talent level properly in game situations.

But it`s a fine balance too, because Miller did the right thing last game when he passed it back to Zucc on their 4th goal, because his line of sight was blocked.

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Great game, we made so many top notch plays in this one.

I liked the most to see Boo Nieves be such a big factor. We just need the horse power on him. The Newton. Big body, great wheels. Remember that with all the smaller skilled guys in this league, the pure odds for someone like Boo to face someone that can’t handle him is much bigger. I was watching Tusch in Vegas the other day, really good young player, but go back just a few years and he is less effective. Too many Ds that can handle him. Same with Wheeler in Winnipeg, plays better than I’ve seen him in a long time.

Further to that, when watching Boo in the AHL and then the NHL you really realize just what a tremendous difference in play there is between the AHL and the NHL right now. And it’s not flattering for the AHL, there is just very very little play down there, in the NHL there is more room than I’ve ever seen before to make plays and create offense.

The bummer for me was the Vesey give away. We talk about possession and so forth, what gives you possession? Vesey makes a strong defensive play to win the puck. He is under heavy pressure but instead of giving the puck away he makes two great moves to get it out of danger and enable us to go on the attack. But NJ overloads really hard on him, 3 on 1 and he cough it up. It was a dumb play by the NJ player, would have been a 4 on 2 if it don’t win it. Should have been a confidence booster for Vesey, that ended up has a big aber in the protocol.

So when Ziba returns, do we sit Desharnais despite him (probably) being like a point per game player over say he last 6-10 games?

Reactions: Ori

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
AV should just stop forcing Vesey with Hayes and leave him be on the 4th line. Nash Hayes Fast is a good line to go against any line. Can't wait for Mika to return - without him there is a deep hole in the lineup, all situations.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Went with Jesper (knew it was just a matter of time, he DOES have offensive talent)
My Avatar
Carey.......he really has picked up his game and deserves a little Pat on the back.

Nasher was a beast and so was Hazey.
Jeez, you could say DD, JT and Buch as well.
Hey.....give the whole team accolades for what seemed as close to a 60 minute effort as you can get. We were ALL OVER THEM, and if not for Kinkaid......we easily could've had 10.

Reactions: trilobyte

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

I'm kinda liking Miller at center. When Mika comes back, the centers 1 through 4 give us decent depth at the position, actually. Miller has made some great passes. We just need Grabner to keep doing what he has been. We really need to get Buch and Kreider going again. DD simply cannot win the puck battles on the forecheck that win the offensive zone to set plays up. Hayes and Nash had a couple of down games, but inserting Fast with them looks to have revitalized them. They were attacking all night.

Reactions: belford222 and Ori

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
AV should just stop forcing Vesey with Hayes and leave him be on the 4th line. Nash Hayes Fast is a good line to go against any line. Can't wait for Mika to return - without him there is a deep hole in the lineup, all situations.

Nash-Hayes-Fast is a good third line playing a two-way game. Someone had mentioned Hayes is playing a 200-foot game. He and Nash had a couple of down games, but I've been seeing that also.

Reactions: bl02

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I`ve notion that Miller center role is just temporarily this season though, because he is very skilled on the wing too and no doubts about that.
When Zib is back I hope AV use DD on our 4th line in a wing role position, but DD is a good depth - he is doing well when Zib is out with injury.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Great game, we made so many top notch plays in this one.

I liked the most to see Boo Nieves be such a big factor. We just need the horse power on him. The Newton. Big body, great wheels. Remember that with all the smaller skilled guys in this league, the pure odds for someone like Boo to face someone that can’t handle him is much bigger. I was watching Tusch in Vegas the other day, really good young player, but go back just a few years and he is less effective. Too many Ds that can handle him. Same with Wheeler in Winnipeg, plays better than I’ve seen him in a long time.

Further to that, when watching Boo in the AHL and then the NHL you really realize just what a tremendous difference in play there is between the AHL and the NHL right now. And it’s not flattering for the AHL, there is just very very little play down there, in the NHL there is more room than I’ve ever seen before to make plays and create offense.

The bummer for me was the Vesey give away. We talk about possession and so forth, what gives you possession? Vesey makes a strong defensive play to win the puck. He is under heavy pressure but instead of giving the puck away he makes two great moves to get it out of danger and enable us to go on the attack. But NJ overloads really hard on him, 3 on 1 and he cough it up. It was a dumb play by the NJ player, would have been a 4 on 2 if it don’t win it. Should have been a confidence booster for Vesey, that ended up has a big aber in the protocol.

So when Ziba returns, do we sit Desharnais despite him (probably) being like a point per game player over say he last 6-10 games?

Good stuff about Boo. He has a big difference maker in terms of giving us depth at center. Not to discredit you, but most of those points from Desharnais came in the first game he subbed for Zib. He has been pointless in the last two, and the eye test shows that Kreider (with the exception of a couple of rush plays) and Buch look ineffective right now. As others have said, Vesey should adopt a north-south game. He is n0t a good playmaker.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Finally caught the game. Was really impressed with Nash-Hayes-Fast and Miller and Zucc. I’d add Carey and Boo, but I expect them to be a solid combo now. Still need some work defensively, but putting in a good effort and taking it to the Devils is always a good feeling

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We saved the weekend with this back to back game - things are more positives of late and that is encouraging.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Nash-Hayes-Fast is a good third line playing a two-way game. Someone had mentioned Hayes is playing a 200-foot game. He and Nash had a couple of down games, but I've been seeing that also.

Reunion with Fast is no coincidence with improved play by Hayes and Nash. He's a fit on this line.

Reactions: belford222
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad