Three stars vs. New Jersey - Dec 9

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I`ve notion that Miller center role is just temporarily this season though, because he is very skilled on the wing too and no doubts about that.
When Zib is back I hope AV use DD on our 4th line in a wing role position, but DD is a good depth - he is doing well when Zib is out with injury.

You mean temporary for the whole season? Because of DD plays a wing on the 4th than Miller is a center as there's no other option.

BTW, at this point I see more value in keeping Carey Nieves Vesey like intact because as a group and individually each brings more to the team than DD.

Reactions: belford222 and bl02

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
You mean temporary for the whole season? Because of DD plays a wing on the 4th than Miller is a center as there's no other option.

BTW, at this point I see more value in keeping Carey Nieves Vesey like intact because as a group and individually each brings more to the team than DD.
JT should stay with Zooks no matter what position. JT isn't even playing that much center on defense. At least not the traditional center is first guy back role. Our system is the first guy back takes the 3rd forward/front of the net. Often Zooks is the first guy back and then they switch off. JT is playing very well in my opinion. I would not fix what isn't broken.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Nash-Hayes-Fast is a good third line playing a two-way game. Someone had mentioned Hayes is playing a 200-foot game. He and Nash had a couple of down games, but I've been seeing that also.
Good job mentioning it. Seems like we are the only ones. I love how he was public enemy number one and a horrible NHL center iceman and now what seems to be 20-25 games he's played an incredible defensive game. Look at what his line did last night against a pretty dangerous hall line. I'm glad the coach at least recognizes it. When mika comes back he won't have to worry going up against the opponents number one line if Hayes keeps playing like this . For what he's done guy gets very little credit

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
JT should stay with Zooks no matter what position. JT isn't even playing that much center on defense. At least not the traditional center is first guy back role. Our system is the first guy back takes the 3rd forward/front of the net. Often Zooks is the first guy back and then they switch off. JT is playing very well in my opinion. I would not fix what isn't broken.

It took AV over two months to figure it out but props to him for at least getting there, and let's hope he doesn't screw it up all on his own. Until Zibanejad is is back I guess Buch and Kreider are better equipped to carry DD instead of anyone else.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Good job mentioning it. Seems like we are the only ones. I love how he was public enemy number one and a horrible NHL center iceman and now what seems to be 20-25 games he's played an incredible defensive game. Look at what his line did last night against a pretty dangerous hall line. I'm glad the coach at least recognizes it. When mika comes back he won't have to worry going up against the opponents number one line if Hayes keeps playing like this . For what he's done guy gets very little credit

I never was in Hayes' run out of town party but you need to admit that this defensive adeptness was not known from him. Now his offensive production is very well appropriate given his overall contributions.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
It took AV over two months to figure it out but props to him for at least getting there, and let's hope he doesn't screw it up all on his own. Until Zibanejad is is back I guess Buch and Kreider are better equipped to carry DD instead of anyone else.

Here is the irony of our "third line"

Rangers Leading Goal Scorer-Grabs
Rangers Leading Assist Man=JT
Rangers Leading Point Man=Zooks

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Here is the irony of our "third line"

Rangers Leading Goal Scorer-Grabs
Rangers Leading Assist Man=JT
Rangers Leading Point Man=Zooks

Lables, who cares. This is kind of similar to when we had Pouliot-Brassard-Zuke as a "3rd line".

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Unless he progressed and then regressed back.

e37.png

Reactions: Siddi

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
DD is like a Christensen, or most skilled rookies before they're ready to be impact players. Nothing wrong with matching him with great linemates when there's injuries or the team construction's weird, because he actually can keep up and make smart plays. I don't think he'd do anything on a fourth line.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

I think they brought in Holland with the expectation that he'll be a center option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad