GDT: New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins 7:00PM MSG+ 11/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
why even watch tonight's game ? how can we possibly beat the mighty world beaters know as the boston bruins ??? no way we beat this juggernaut of a team. I'll have more fun watching Mark Sanchez tonight thinking what could have been for my jets. :sarcasm:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I went to last year's game dressed as David Puddy for halloween. Was one of the greatest nights I've had since moving to Boston.

:laugh: That's awesome. I went last year and it was such a great experience. I yelled 'Whoo Devils!' at a family in a bunch of Fayne #7 jerseys so I'm inclined to believe I yelled at the Fayne family.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
think they will put up 10 goals on us ? do we even muster 12 shots on goal the entire game ???? how can we beat them oh no the sky is falling !!!!!

The sky has fell. It's been falling the last 3 years. I hope somebody stops it and we make the playoffs...but i don't think it's happening.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
why even watch tonight's game ? how can we possibly beat the mighty world beaters know as the boston bruins ??? no way we beat this juggernaut of a team. I'll have more fun watching Mark Sanchez tonight thinking what could have been for my jets. :sarcasm:

To be fair, the Bruins have destroyed us more often than not in recent years. That said it's a new day and maybe they'll surprise us.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm going to the movies, so I'll be missing this one.

It always seems every game is the same against the Bruins. Not counting that game last year when their PK looked like ours does every night this season. Or the game in Marty's finale when they were resting most of their lineup.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Over or under on 2 PP goals against? I wouldn't be surprised if it's 3 tonight.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
sabres are terrible, canes are terrible, sorry but as much as you and some others wanna be self loathing devil fans the devils are not terrible......missed the playoffs by 5 points not 25 last season.

We're worse than terrible, we're mediocre. Not quite bad enough to rebuild effectively through the draft (this year is a deep draft though so that might help), but not quite good enough to consistently make the playoffs and be a threat. It's a vicious cycle that, unless a trade happens or a couple of our prospects surpass our expectations, will continue to occur.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
We're worse than terrible, we're mediocre. Not quite bad enough to rebuild effectively through the draft (this year is a deep draft though so that might help), but not quite good enough to consistently make the playoffs and be a threat. It's a vicious cycle that, unless a trade happens or a couple of our prospects surpass our expectations, will continue to occur.

We're close to terrible though. Schneider stole a couple wins in games that they no business winning. That's why I'm not too confident.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
sabres are terrible, canes are terrible, sorry but as much as you and some others wanna be self loathing devil fans the devils are not terrible......missed the playoffs by 5 points not 25 last season.

We are 3 points ahead of those terrible canes after a sizzling start.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
We're close to terrible though. Schneider stole a couple wins in games that they no business winning. That's why I'm not too confident.

Like him or not (I don't), with Pete's system it's hard for this team to terrible. They're a "tough" team to play against most nights, and they'll scrape out more wins than they probably should. Especially with Schneider, as you alluded to, he's a great goalie that will keep us afloat more than we should be.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I think we'll lose a close one tonight; with Cammalleri back and our recent run of forum i think we'll actually make a game of it, but Boston are significantly better than us and on a hot streak themselves. Plus we always seem to lose against Boston, especially at their place, so i'm calling 3-2 Bruins in regulation, probably go 3-1 down and then score at the end but fall short in true Devils fashion :laugh:

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
Will Bernier actually be on the third line again, or is it going to be Ruutu-Josefson-Brunner?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We really need Havlat back. He was very good when he was in the lineup, and Elias actually looked good playing with him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think we'll lose a close one tonight; with Cammalleri back and our recent run of forum i think we'll actually make a game of it, but Boston are significantly better than us and on a hot streak themselves. Plus we always seem to lose against Boston, especially at their place, so i'm calling 3-2 Bruins in regulation, probably go 3-1 down and then score at the end but fall short in true Devils fashion :laugh:

The penalty kill will wind up doing us in again. Just like the last couple games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad