GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Arizona Coyotes - 7pm, MSGSN

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love

Well he's a regular visitor there - but Tempe certainly has had its share of visitors. US military service members and Hispanic workers were hired to grow food and animal feed to supply Fort McDowell as early as 1865.

In fact, didn't Darrell Duppa created the Tempe name?

Yes he did, after comparing the Salt River valley to the Vale of Tempe near Mount Olympus in Greece.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well we know the point streak record is at least 10, because didn't Bratt do that to start the season?
I think that was just the most points for a Devil to start the season.

Taylor Hall had points in like 20-something games in his MVP year., Not sure if that's the Devils/franchise record or not, but I remember the NHL not wanting to recognize it as 20-whatever straight games because he missed time with an injury in those 20-something games.

I'm not sure what that had to do with anything though, as he still had points in 20-something games straight.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think that was just the most points for a Devil to start the season.

Taylor Hall had points in like 20-something games in his MVP year., Not sure if that's the Devils/franchise record or not, but I remember the NHL not wanting to recognize it as 20-whatever straight games because he missed time with an injury in those 20-something games.

I'm not sure what that had to do with anything though, as he still had points in 20-something games straight.

It’s Taylor Hall with 26, so Mercer at 9 has a ways to go.

The LINK below has all 52 players with point streaks of 9 games or more.

He’s guys with 12 or more.

11BCFA8B-9938-4E47-A300-0135D3A0F228.jpeg

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Mercer's goal scoring streak was for players 21 and under. No clue what the points version is but I'm sure it's very high.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It’s Taylor Hall with 26, so Mercer at 9 has a ways to go.

The LINK below has all 52 players with point streaks of 9 games or more.

He’s guys with 12 or more.

View attachment 664327

Didn't Taylor Hall come close to matching a league record by Gretzky for most consecutive games with a point? I thought he came close

But for some reason....... The NHL wouldn't recognize him as having a legitimate 26 game point streak, because he missed games with injury in the middle of that. I remember that actually being a thing at the time and none of us understood it and thought it was bullshit.

I remember they put some dumb spin on it like ''Well it's 26 games in a row with a point, but it's not 26 games straight of having a point'' or some dumb shit. Like there was actually a difference.

Reactions: glenwo2 and Guadana

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Mercer's goal scoring streak was for players 21 and under. No clue what the points version is but I'm sure it's very high.

No Mercer tied the franchise record for goals.

The LINK below has all 37 players with goal streaks of 6 games or more.

F4C2FD9F-B556-4A53-995C-F2D882A361B3.jpeg

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Didn't Taylor Hall come close to matching a league record by Gretzky for most consecutive games with a point? I thought he came close

But for some reason....... The NHL wouldn't recognize him as having a legitimate 26 game point streak, because he missed games with injury in the middle of that. I remember that actually being a thing at the time and none of us understood it and thought it was bullshit.

I remember they put some dumb spin on it like ''Well it's 26 games in a row with a point, but it's not 26 games straight of having a point'' or some dumb shit. Like there was actually a difference.
I wouldn’t say Hall got close Gretzky.

Not a lot of guys have had 25 or more point streak in the NHL though.

Normally I would say Hall’s franchise record is likely pretty safe but Jack is a real threat.

3F1C299B-6E7D-4BF4-A4AE-82BC6A984649.jpeg

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn’t say Hall got close Gretzky.

Not a lot of guys have had 25 or more point streak in the NHL though.

Normally I would say Hall’s franchise record is likely pretty safe but Jack is a real threat.

View attachment 664339

I just remember seeing an article back then and that was the title. Clearly click bait or perhaps I just misinterpreted it.

I knew there had to be longer point streaks than 26. Especially way back in the day.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
Well he's a regular visitor there - but Tempe certainly has had its share of visitors. US military service members and Hispanic workers were hired to grow food and animal feed to supply Fort McDowell as early as 1865.

Yes he did, after comparing the Salt River valley to the Vale of Tempe near Mount Olympus in Greece.
this post deserves more likes. we’re not worthy

TheNeutralZone

Mar 3, 2012
New Jersey
Just went back and looked at the tape of Doug's horrible turnover. It was even worse than I originally thought.

Mercer was wide open right in the middle of the ice and ready to receive the pass. Hamilton's gotta have better awareness and composure there.

Reactions: My3Sons

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
They say he is a good coach
He's fine. Coached Hischier in 2016-17 but didn't get as much out of the group as he could've. He later coached Clarke, Bahl, Okhotyuk, Hoelscher etc. in Ottawa. Did alright there, but COVID screwed up the season he probably would've won the memorial cup.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Can you tell us the origin of the name Milwaukee next?:laugh:

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad