GDT: New Jersey Devils @ Arizona Coyotes - 7pm, MSGSN

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think I figured out which actor Timo reminds me of...

raydonovan1.jpg

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Typically a Tuesday game against Toronto is not going to be a full house but with the way things have been going and the excitement over Timo Time, I feel like the Rock is going to be bananas tomorrow.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
It will be a full house, especially considering we haven't played there in over a week + Timo
i got free club seats in the 6th row using the membership points app back when i just expected a good game because the last time toronto was here they broke our streak and the place was nuts, now with timo time and everything i’m extra pumped

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
Let me repeat that I'm kind of concerned with VV right now. :confused:

This was the game that was supposed to restore his confidence or whatever and he gave up 4 goals.

4 goals to THIS rinky-dink team.
there was one goal where (after a defensive zone turnover) VV had a routine save where he gave up a juicy rebound for an easy goal. That one was on him. not sure how you can blame him for any of the other 3 goals.

this “rinky-dink” team still plays in the NHL. my MSG feed had the audio delayed for the first period so I switched to the Arizona feed. Their broadcasters said Tocchet exploded on the team after the carolina game, and the ensuing practices were the hardest and had the highest level of compete all season. They also talked about how much different the team feels now, where half of their top guys aren’t looking over their shoulder expecting to be traded every minute.

To them, the way arizona was playing (and eventually did play) wasn’t surprising at all. They responded to their coach, like professional sports teams so often do. And even with that, if the devils bury one of their 4 (?) breakaways, they win this one comfortably in regulation.

I’m not thinking twice about that game. The Devils have been playing great hockey, I’m excited to watch it continue.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
It will be a full house, especially considering we haven't played there in over a week + Timo

Judging by the fact that we managed to pad out a Sunday GDT against the Coyotes to 67 pages because of Timo Time!, I think that Toronto game is going to have a lot of buzz around it.

Reactions: My3Sons

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
We for sure didn’t do him any favors tonight with our play in front of him. That Hamilton turnover on the tying goal was god awful. Thankfully he atoned for it with the pass to spring Nico for our game winner.

I unfortunately, that’s Hamilton’s call card.
Despite playing very flat for large stretches, it always felt like we controlled the game. We just had so much more talent on the ice then they did. Quite impressive that.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I’d like to see Hughes play with Tatar and Mercer and Nico with Meier and Bratt.

No sense in messing with those lines at the moment. Let Timo develop chemistry with Jack and Bratt and continue to let the Tatar-Nico-Mercer line produce.

I think we have our 4 set lines for the next little while so long as they continue to do work.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
BTW, who is this guy?

whoisthis-png.664157

Timo looks like he's laughing at him. lol

@Bleedred , your thoughts?
I mentioned them before the game right as it was starting.

Of course you know me, I said they’re probably overflow seats since the building only seats 5000 and premium seats when they oversell are in front of the benches on the ice lol.

I’m guessing they were just part of the puck drop festivities of some kind or maybe apart of the anthem or something.

Reactions: glenwo2 and My3Sons

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Don't know if this was mentioned already but I thought Timo finished his checks and watching him without the puck no fear going to the gritty areas...What I found very interesting is that I think he made good use of his time watching their games and then his assessment of their overall play during and after game is that they need to tighten things up and I think he means they need to finish their checks too...This has been one of their biggest downfalls this year imo not being physical enough and I don't mean go out and be Stevens just simply follow through and finish your check....They need to own the ice more make it where it needs to be fought for contested don't just yield the ice....

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i respect Arizona as a team - they do play hard and tocchet is not as bad as i thought

their ownership and GM can kick rocks though
Tocchet is really bad.

Unless you mean their current head coach Tourigny? I don’t have much opinion on him.

Ownership and GM are clowns and so have the last several GM’s and I can’t even remember how many stupid owners they’ve had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad