Speculation: New Jersey Devils - All Time Team?

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
Elias-Arnott-Sykora
Parise-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Mogilny-Gomez-Gionta
Pandolfo-Madden-Langenbrunner

Stevens-Rafalski
Neidermayer-Daneyko
Fetisov-Kasatanov

Brodeur
Terreri

I know there are a number of Devils throughout the 30+ years this team has been around that are deserving of being on this team... but I became a fan in 95... as far as chemistry a talent go, I think this team would win the cup.

This makes you realize just how good those '99-'00 & '00-'01 teams were. More than half of your list played for those teams and were in their primes.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Tough to exclude some, but this is as good as any.

Patrik Elias - Peter Stastny - John MacLean
Brendan Shanahan - Patrik Sundstrom - Alexander Mogilny
Stephane Richer - Doug Gilmour - Ilya Kovalchuk
Claude Lemieux - Kirk Muller - Zach Parise
Bernie Nicholls
Scott Gomez

Scott Niedermayer - Scott Stevens
Ken Daneyko - Brian Rafalski
Slava Fetisov - Oleg Tverdovsky
Bruce Driver

Martin Brodeur
Glenn Resch

Coach: Jacques Lemaire
Asst: Pat Burns
Asst: Larry Robinson
Goaltending: Jacques Caron
Farm Coach: Robbie Ftorek

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Isn't that funny, how he needs serious consideration but can't even crack NJ's all time great 6. Our defensive core was STACKED for a long time.

I think some people are overrating Fetisov and Kasatonov a little bit....they only played five and four years here, respectively. Seems like people are using their Soviet days to extrapolate some pretty non-remarkable play during their Devils days. If this was a career ranking they deserve to be up there, but as Devils they fall quite short.

Obviously Stevens/Niedermayer/Rafalski/Daneyko are the big four, but after that there's a big tier with Fetisov, Kasatonov, Driver, Greene, White, Martin, Chambers, maybe a few more on the cusp.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I think some people are overrating Fetisov and Kasatonov a little bit....they only played five and four years here, respectively. Seems like people are using their Soviet days to extrapolate some pretty non-remarkable play during their Devils days. If this was a career ranking they deserve to be up there, but as Devils they fall quite short.

Obviously Stevens/Niedermayer/Rafalski/Daneyko are the big four, but after that there's a big tier with Fetisov, Kasatonov, Driver, Greene, White, Martin, Chambers, maybe a few more on the cusp.
I'd say Driver is in the top tier. For me, any Devils all-time team has five defensemen set in stone with Stevens, Niedermayer, Rafalski, Driver, and Daneyko.

After that you have your bunch, along with Cirella and Albelin.

Personally, my top-7 in a vacuum, in terms of performance as members of the Devils, is probably Stevens, Niedermayer, Rafalski, Driver, Daneyko, Greene, and Cirella, but it's a hard choice to leave Albelin and White off the roster.

Last edited:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Patrik Elias - Kirk Muller - John MacLean
Ilya Kovalchuk - Scott Gomez - Alexander Mogilny
Brendan Shanahan - Aaron Broten - Patrik Sundstrom
Claude Lemieux - Jason Arnott - Jamie Langenbrunner

Scott Niedermayer - Scott Stevens
Tommy Albelin - Brian Rafalski
Vyacheslav Fetisov - Alexei Kasatonov

Martin Brodeur
Chris Terreri

How would this team do in todays NHL, all in their prime. Did I forget somebody? Feel free to make your own NJD All Time Team.

It wouldn't matter cuz you can't fit them under the cap:p::laugh:

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
One of the hardest working guys we've had in a long time and arguably ever

Not to mention that 45g, 94pt season. Second highest total by a Devil.

He really looked like he was on his way to genuine superstardom that year.

He seems to have settled in as a 65-75-ish point player, a star but not a superstar.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Not to mention that 45g, 94pt season. Second highest total by a Devil.

He really looked like he was on his way to genuine superstardom that year.

He seems to have settled in as a 65-75-ish point player, a star but not a superstar.

The only knock I have about Parise is that come playoff time he can not take over a game. Which is why I thought Kovalchuk and him on different lines would be amazing. Kovy has the talent come playoff time to take on the other teams star defenseman while Parise could outwork any second pairing. Too bad we only had 1 playoff of them together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad