New j18 players 2023-2024 (born 2007)

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Theo Thermeanius to Modo.
Filip Thorling to Örebro.

Any more good 2007 guys that has not been listed or announced where they are going yet or should we get a few OP Anderson's and then move on to the 2008?
Simon Nordin (Mora) to Almtuna.
Conrad Svensson (Lejonet) to Växjö.

Last edited:
Reactions: game7

tpahe

Apr 14, 2022
Personally, I would rank the top five best intakes as following:

1. Örebro
2. Leksand
3. Luleå
4. Brynäs
5. HV71
Hnm: Djurgården

Would any of you be up for discussing which players from the 07' generation you think will reach the furthest?
Interesting. Can you elaborate a bit more why you think Örebro, Leksand and Luleå have top spots here?

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Interesting. Can you elaborate a bit more why you think Örebro, Leksand and Luleå have top spots here?
I think they all brought in several top prospects on every position.
Let's take Örebro as an example:
Forwards: - Eric Nilson, a player I think very highly of, he reminds a lot of his dad Marcus Nilson, altough he's currently slightly undersized, I think he'll grow into one of the best players of this class in due corse.

- Philip Larsson, was selected for team 16 in Finnkampen. A player I think has suffered slightly from growing quite quickly as of recent, thereby I think he has even more to show ,which considering his current production could be very promising.

- Noah Petterson Askling, captian during tv-pucken and a very responsible player that does everything quite well. It surprised me he wasn't selected for Sweden's team 16. He has the whole package. Should be getting more minutes with Örebro in J18 allsvenskan.

- Daniel Lazienkiewicz, was regarded as one of the more promising forwards of the 07 class, since then he hasn't taken any big strides forward. We'll see what happens when he develop in a differnt environment.

Defensemen: - Felix Färhammar, one of the top d-prospects of this class. I think he could benefit from playing at a higher level until he starts hg, though it might be difficult as he lives on Ekerö. Would have wanted to see him over Aron Dahlqvist, Sigge Holmgren and Hugo Hallin at the latest team 16 fixtures.

- Luka Radivojevic, Probably the best 07' defenseman in Sweden. He excells at J18 level already and has more room to grow in the future. Örebro were able to sign him from AIK at the start of the season, likely due to AIK's u16 team being disallowed from the serie alomg with quite poor facilties and recources. I'm excited to see how far he can go and I think he'll likely see minutes with the J20 starting next season if he can get a little bigger til then.

- Theodor Hallquist, Another intriguing player who's put up impressive numbers at J18 regional level. He has the upside, though there's several areas he needs to work on. His skating isn't as strong as the best d of this class and he needs to work on his passing efficiency under pressure. A great pp-quarterback.

Goalie: - Filip Holmström, slightly below the top goalies of this class. Örebro at the same time aren't greatly in need for a goalie, since they have two top goalies in their system with Eric Olsson and Herman Liv.

There's also been rumours saying Jonas Lagerberg-Hoen has been practicing with Örebro after what happened in leksand. Not sure if there's any consistency to it.

Leksand:
Forwards: - Melvin Novotny, Has all the tools to become a great player. Has great skating, hands, playmaking, understanding of the game and quite an impressive forchecker. His shot is a bit of a weakness, but it's something he definitely could improve on. Has tendencies to be an outside player, struggles to get inside. Have seen some improvment regards to that.

- Kim Ojala, skillfull player with great skating aswell, can make sharp turns in tight.

- Jonas Lagerberg-Hoen, offensively creative, plays with intensity and has great instincts. A real sniper. Questionable attitude.

- Olle Därth and Torkel Jennersjö are both responsible players with great character. Torkel is slightly more skillfull.

- Neo Karling, was heading to AIK last year, but stayed in almtuna due to the u16 team getting disallowed. Could draw comparisons to Daniel Lazienkiewicz, it'll be interesting to see what might happen in Leksand.

Defensemen: - Gustav Svedlund and hugo allvin are two players that have done well with Leksand U16, and could've very well been rewarded with a spot in swe team 16. Two solid D with great skating and understanding of the game. I have high expectations for those two.

- Rocky Langvardt, a very dynamic, small and puckmoving defenseman (comparables, Hugo Hallin, Neo Hirsch). Has great skating which allows him to break trough pressure if needed. Is a smaller player, but likes to play the body. Altough he's incredibly dynamic and is strong on the puck he isn't the best powerplay player, since he lacks a dangerous shot and sometimes struggles to move the puck quickly with efficiency. gets too many penalties.

Goalie: Emil Andersson, seems like a solid keeper.

Luleå might take the second spot ahead of Leksand as I've reflected a bit more. They have several promising players on every position: Love Härenstam, Isak Sörqvist-- Oliwer Sjöström, Linus Funck, Neo Hirsch, William Håkansson-- Jakob Ihs Wozniak, Tim Tuzin, William Morin, Casper Juustovaara Karlsson

tpahe

Apr 14, 2022
I think they all brought in several top prospects on every position.
Let's take Örebro as an example:
Forwards: - Eric Nilson, a player I think very highly of, he reminds a lot of his dad Marcus Nilson, altough he's currently slightly undersized, I think he'll grow into one of the best players of this class in due corse.

- Philip Larsson, was selected for team 16 in Finnkampen. A player I think has suffered slightly from growing quite quickly as of recent, thereby I think he has even more to show ,which considering his current production could be very promising.

- Noah Petterson Askling, captian during tv-pucken and a very responsible player that does everything quite well. It surprised me he wasn't selected for Sweden's team 16. He has the whole package. Should be getting more minutes with Örebro in J18 allsvenskan.

- Daniel Lazienkiewicz, was regarded as one of the more promising forwards of the 07 class, since then he hasn't taken any big strides forward. We'll see what happens when he develop in a differnt environment.

Defensemen: - Felix Färhammar, one of the top d-prospects of this class. I think he could benefit from playing at a higher level until he starts hg, though it might be difficult as he lives on Ekerö. Would have wanted to see him over Aron Dahlqvist, Sigge Holmgren and Hugo Hallin at the latest team 16 fixtures.

- Luka Radivojevic, Probably the best 07' defenseman in Sweden. He excells at J18 level already and has more room to grow in the future. Örebro were able to sign him from AIK at the start of the season, likely due to AIK's u16 team being disallowed from the serie alomg with quite poor facilties and recources. I'm excited to see how far he can go and I think he'll likely see minutes with the J20 starting next season if he can get a little bigger til then.

- Theodor Hallquist, Another intriguing player who's put up impressive numbers at J18 regional level. He has the upside, though there's several areas he needs to work on. His skating isn't as strong as the best d of this class and he needs to work on his passing efficiency under pressure. A great pp-quarterback.

Goalie: - Filip Holmström, slightly below the top goalies of this class. Örebro at the same time aren't greatly in need for a goalie, since they have two top goalies in their system with Eric Olsson and Herman Liv.

There's also been rumours saying Jonas Lagerberg-Hoen has been practicing with Örebro after what happened in leksand. Not sure if there's any consistency to it.

Leksand:
Forwards: - Melvin Novotny, Has all the tools to become a great player. Has great skating, hands, playmaking, understanding of the game and quite an impressive forchecker. His shot is a bit of a weakness, but it's something he definitely could improve on. Has tendencies to be an outside player, struggles to get inside. Have seen some improvment regards to that.

- Kim Ojala, skillfull player with great skating aswell, can make sharp turns in tight.

- Jonas Lagerberg-Hoen, offensively creative, plays with intensity and has great instincts. A real sniper. Questionable attitude.

- Olle Därth and Torkel Jennersjö are both responsible players with great character. Torkel is slightly more skillfull.

- Neo Karling, was heading to AIK last year, but stayed in almtuna due to the u16 team getting disallowed. Could draw comparisons to Daniel Lazienkiewicz, it'll be interesting to see what might happen in Leksand.

Defensemen: - Gustav Svedlund and hugo allvin are two players that have done well with Leksand U16, and could've very well been rewarded with a spot in swe team 16. Two solid D with great skating and understanding of the game. I have high expectations for those two.

- Rocky Langvardt, a very dynamic, small and puckmoving defenseman (comparables, Hugo Hallin, Neo Hirsch). Has great skating which allows him to break trough pressure if needed. Is a smaller player, but likes to play the body. Altough he's incredibly dynamic and is strong on the puck he isn't the best powerplay player, since he lacks a dangerous shot and sometimes struggles to move the puck quickly with efficiency. gets too many penalties.

Goalie: Emil Andersson, seems like a solid keeper.

Luleå might take the second spot ahead of Leksand as I've reflected a bit more. They have several promising players on every position: Love Härenstam, Isak Sörqvist-- Oliwer Sjöström, Linus Funck, Neo Hirsch, William Håkansson-- Jakob Ihs Wozniak, Tim Tuzin, William Morin, Casper Juustovaara Karlsson
Impressive analysis! Agree on Luleå moving up a spot and maybe even Djurgården can be considered to have a decent 2007 squad?

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Impressive analysis! Agree on Luleå moving up a spot and maybe even Djurgården can be considered to have a decent 2007 squad?
Djurgården has a decent squad, I'm not a huge fan of their forward group (except for Frondell). I wish they would've been able to sign another top forward from stockholm like Melvin Novotny or Viktor Klingsell, then I would've held them higher. Their D-core is decent with Lucas Grahn as their most prominent player. I also like Bobo Tyche, he reminds me a lot of Nils Strandberg Sarén. Then we've got Hugo Severgårdh who's excellent down low, but struggles with the top part of the net.

tpahe

Apr 14, 2022
Djurgården has a decent squad, I'm not a huge fan of their forward group (except for Frondell). I wish they would've been able to sign another top forward from stockholm like Melvin Novotny or Viktor Klingsell, then I would've held them higher. Their D-core is decent with Lucas Grahn as their most prominent player. I also like Bobo Tyche, he reminds me a lot of Nils Strandberg Sarén. Then we've got Hugo Severgårdh who's excellent down low, but struggles with the top part of the net.
Agree completely with this. Bit strange they passed on many skilled Stockholm forwards..

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Way to early to make snapcalls, but I don't know if either of the teams from Dalarna necessarily have top players from their own region next year at least, so they probably hope for recruitments. Shows how you have to be careful when hyping up kids this early, because that TV-Pucken squad was hyped as a bigtime favourite(behind Sthlm Syd) when they were not even the best team in their group, and I feel like none of the players really live up to what everyone was talking about before this year. Do like Svedlund(Leksand) but the offensive players are not well rounded enough or play with the attitude that I feel will make them excel in an harder environment(and that is on the ice and not mentioning the borderline psychotic shit that happened in Leksand this season that will just be swept under the rug this seasons because..... points). Their u16(minus Lagerberg Hoen and Svedlund) lost to Strömsbro in a "friendly match" yesterday, and while Strömsbro absolutely should have played in region and would probably have been better than at least Arboga, Karlskoga and Mora, they were playing with like 2 or 3 natural defenceman, and for Leksands top players to be as non-standout like that, its hard to excuse despite the low stakes. I have not seen a lot of Carpenhammar this season, so won't say to much about him. Simon Nordin one of those players who stagnated a ton, because the lack of improvement is shocking. I don't have much info behind the scenes there, but the non-offensive explosion this year surprised me, even though his team has been weak.

Brynäs will be interesting, because while they don't have a top 5 player in the country they might have the best depth out of any 07 team in the country this year(also a reason why Strömsbro has been so strong) and will probably be a strong age group despite the fact that they should not have been effective at recruiting top players from other regions. I have already gushed about Hillström in another thread here, but he is for sure underrated nationally, and next year will be interesting in Brynäs j18,especially since most 06s are not good enough for j20, but will probably be really strong in the j18, and with the 07s(which all will stay from what I heard) they might have a strong team next year, especially if the 07s outside of Hillström, Dahlqvist and Sundqvist adapt to the junior game.

I have not kept track on Örebro(mostly because they literally will try to recruit your grandmother if she's good enough and can forge a 07 id-card. But if the post above is correct, they will be good. Larsson is really good, has to take some steps in terms of consistency, but I like his skill. Petterson Askling I like as a player, but I feel like he has a way to go in order to have long term upside if he is going to be a national team player. Good recruitments as well, and pretty similar to Brynäs in terms of depth. Difference is that Örebros 06es are so much better that I don't see how they don't walk the regional väst series next year if most 06s play the important j18 games.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Modos officially released now:

GK:
Markus Skröder

D:
Theo Thermeanius
Hugo Hallin
Rasmus Näslund
Zacharias Berglin

FW:
Kalle Byström
Teodor Vettersand
Milton Gästrin
Harry Styf
Rasmus Lindström Calland
Douglas Robért
Ola Hyldmo

Unfortunately they lose Erik Häggblad, Noel Ingelsson and Vincent Wedin, but looks like they get pretty good replacements from elsewhere.

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden

GK:
Markus Skröder

D:
Theo Thermeanius
Hugo Hallin
Rasmus Näslund
Zacharias Berglin

FW:
Kalle Byström
Teodor Vettersand
Milton Gästrin
Harry Styf
Rasmus Lindström Calland
Douglas Robért
Ola Hyldmo

Unfortunately they lose Erik Häggblad, Noel Ingelsson and Vincent Wedin, but looks like they get pretty good replacements from elsewhere.
Honestly a bit weaker than I was expecting, although I haven’t seen Ola Hyldmo

Ohlle

Aug 19, 2017

GK:
Markus Skröder

D:
Theo Thermeanius
Hugo Hallin
Rasmus Näslund
Zacharias Berglin

FW:
Kalle Byström
Teodor Vettersand
Milton Gästrin
Harry Styf
Rasmus Lindström Calland
Douglas Robért
Ola Hyldmo

At a first glance it seems pretty weak. MoDo had one of the best U16 this year and this is the result? If we add Hermansson and Öberg the J18 squad seems pretty good.

game7

Oct 18, 2022
Vid en första anblick verkar det ganska svagt. MoDo hade en av de bästa U16 i år och detta är resultatet? Lägger vi till Hermansson och Öberg verkar J18-truppen ganska bra.
Häggblad,Ingelsson,Wedin och Öberg klara för SAIK

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
At a first glance it seems pretty weak. MoDo had one of the best U16 this year and this is the result? If we add Hermansson and Öberg the J18 squad seems pretty good.
That's what you get when you lose three of the best players to Skellefteå i guess.

Their U16 got carried by this intake + Wedin, Häggblad and Ingelsson. Also Öberg and especially Hermansson too, but they're 08.

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Still 16?
Guessing we will see a couple move out, or bigger losses in j20 and moving up more 06ers? Don't think that's optimal for most of them. I don't really see the point for all these players to be here. A lot of good players fighting for ice time that they could have got elsewhere. I get that Skellefteå is the best club up north, but there are diminishing returns in these situations. Will be interesting to see how Wedin does full time in a way more challenging environment, have my doubts. Hoping for Klingsell to get more consistency, love him as a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad