New J18 players 2015-16

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I'm familiar with their 99's (Miketinac, Ekberg, Ehrnberg), who are their best 00's?

They're adding some of the best it seems in Filip Hasa, Rasmus Dahlin, Albin Bardh.. and brought in Samuel Fagemo last year already, looks to be a good one.

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Joni Ikonen:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=221341

to Frölunda.

Don't know much about him but put up some great numbers. Frölunda just loaded with talent at 1999-2000 groups, will be interesting to see if they cancel each other out, would be a shame.

Ikonen is a really good prospect, I saw him live with Blues U18 decent amount of times. He played a lot with two other 99's Eeli Tolvanen and Oliver Kinnunen and the line was constantly dangerous offensively. Ikonen's playmaking skills and on-ice vision stood out to me. He's got quick hands and he works very well on the half boards. He may not be a true speedster but his hockey IQ is very high. I saw him back check really well a few times, too. It's going to be interesting to hear how he manages in Frölunda.

Last edited:

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Ikonen is a really good prospect, I saw him live with Blues U18 decent amount of times. He played a lot with two other 99's Eeli Tolvanen and Oliver Kinnunen and the line was constantly dangerous offensively. Ikonen's playmaking skills and on-ice vision stood out to me. He's got quick hands and he works very well on the half boards. He may not be a true speedster but his hockey IQ is very high. I saw him back check really well a few times, too. It's going to be interesting to hear how he manages in Frölunda.

Seems like he's gonna be with their U20 team, very few first-year juniors play in that league so will be very interesting.

Exactly

May 22, 2015
Does anyone know the size of Edvin Beccau? There is no data of his size at Eliteprospects.com, but from what I can see at Livearena from Leksand Young Stars Cup does he looks quite big.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He decommitted from Maine, could pull a Nylander and go to Sweden I guess.

I know he considered playing with Modo(?) earlier but I don't think it's very likely now. He doesn't even speak Swedish as far as I know. One could hope though, he's a fantastic talent.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I know he considered playing with Modo(?) earlier but I don't think it's very likely now. He doesn't even speak Swedish as far as I know. One could hope though, he's a fantastic talent.

he wouldn't be the first player in Swedish junior hockey that can't speak Swedish.

I'd prefer him in Sweden than representing USA internationally lol

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
If he's coming to Sweden I'm sure it would be Modo. So many of the kids on all those Selects tournaments they play are from Modo.

attackbjorn

Feb 23, 2013
Sweden
What happened there? I thought he would stay in Leksand?

Yeah, it feels really odd. He joined Leksand and played for them this fall and even got accepted to the hockeygymnasium and now he's leaving.

But there's been some trouble with him earlier. For example he left Modo and didn't even want to play TV-pucken last year. He later joined Svedjeholmens IF Before he Went to Leksand and even got into the national team.

Is it like a Kylington situation where the father has "too much" to say and is making to high demands? I Think his older brother Filip had some weird situations as well in Modo Before he joined Leksand? Like not fitting in. :help:

Leksand could've had Calle Själin, Tom Hedberg AND Algot Landin but end up losing them all. Those guys would've been huge additions to a team like Leksand. Too bad.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Yeah, it feels really odd. He joined Leksand and played for them this fall and even got accepted to the hockeygymnasium and now he's leaving.

But there's been some trouble with him earlier. For example he left Modo and didn't even want to play TV-pucken last year. He later joined Svedjeholmens IF Before he Went to Leksand and even got into the national team.

Is it like a Kylington situation where the father has "too much" to say and is making to high demands? I Think his older brother Filip had some weird situations as well in Modo Before he joined Leksand? Like not fitting in. :help:

Leksand could've had Calle Själin, Tom Hedberg AND Algot Landin but end up losing them all. Those guys would've been huge additions to a team like Leksand. Too bad.

Don't know anything about Hedberg's situation but it was really odd that he went to Svedjeholmen, but he played at a very high level at Leksand. Good signing for Malmö, when was the last time they got a big prospect that wasn't from down there?

Sucks for Leksand, Elias Rosén is leaving for Västerås too so they don't seem to have much. Lucas Bylin looks good but he might be with J20? Can't remember if Victor Danielsson is any good but he's got good stats so maybe he will have to carry the load for them with a young group in J18.

Koll Hockey

Mar 20, 2015
Lukas Wernblom was very good in Philadelphia, he scored 14 goals and 2 assists in 7 games. He was also involved in one of the all star teams. Is he the best 00-player here in Sweden?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad