New J18 players 2014-15

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
Agenda? What would my agenda be?

Kids don't have agents when they're being recruited for Hockeygymnasium.

Why can they only take 6 or 7? Upper limit is 14.

Problem extends to AIK as well. There are 28 spots for two supposedly attractive teams in the Sthlm area, at least one's been in the SHL at all times.

Again, not saying Dif and AIK don't get the odd good player, but if most truly wanted to be in those clubs and in that city, they would stay and play for those teams. You don't see any Gothenburg kids going anywhere but Frölunda, or even Skåne kids leaving the two Hockeyallsvenskan clubs down there.

If you think most 99'ers will stay in Stockholm just because Dif are back, I think you will look foolish in a year.

I never said most 99'er would. I said that DIF will probably get the majority of the most talented ones. Which was the case from the culls from about 89-96. You can easily check it yourself on EP. The only culls where DIF have had a real hard time getting the best of the Stockholm cull is for the 97's and 98's. Which corresponds perfectly with the relegation.

And despite that, DIF probably got the best goalkeeper, the best defenseman and the best forward from the Stockholm 98's...

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
And despite that, DIF probably got the best goalkeeper, the best defenseman and the best forward from the Stockholm 98's...

Well, the opinions will differ here but sure, good players stayed.

I never said most 99'er would. I said that DIF will probably get the majority of the most talented ones. Which was the case from the culls from about 89-96. You can easily check it yourself on EP. The only culls where DIF have had a real hard time getting the best of the Stockholm cull is for the 97's and 98's. Which corresponds perfectly with the relegation.

The point was never that Dif didn't get decent or good groups, it was that they didn't get the best Sthlm kids - something they obviously want.

National team players are leaving Sthlm, opting for "small clubs" in junior terms like Örebro, Luleå and Växjö. If you don't think that's a problem you're in denial.

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
Well, the opinions will differ here but sure, good players stayed.

The point was never that Dif didn't get decent or good groups, it was that they didn't get the best Sthlm kids - something they obviously want.

National team players are leaving Sthlm, opting for "small clubs" in junior terms like Örebro, Luleå and Växjö. If you don't think that's a problem you're in denial.

Huh? What denial? I just admitted that for the 97's and 98's, many of the best players went elsewhere. Of course it's a problem, but it's mostly down to DIF playing second tier IMO.

Are you suggesting that it was the same for the 89-96's? If so, care to elaborate...?

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Huh? What denial? I just admitted that for the 97's and 98's, many of the best players went elsewhere. Of course it's a problem, but it's mostly down to DIF playing second tier IMO.

Are you suggesting that it was the same for the 89-96's? If so, care to elaborate...?

Quick glance at the players representing the junior national teams throughout the years, many of the players were sought-after and decided to leave the Stockholm area and played games for the U18 national team the year after or second year:

Bergvik, Ward, Bergman, Dahlström, Westlund, Hägg, Bristedt, Brodecki, Fernholm, Pettersson, Possler, Ludvig Nilsson etc.

some Sthlm kids stayed and did well, but as a region and a big club they have huge problems with keeping their regional talent that the other regions don't. As I said, can you name one Gothenburg area kid that Frölunda wanted and didn't get?

Tough blow for Rögle but I guess he was never gonna stay long-term anyway..

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
some Sthlm kids stayed and did well, but as a region and a big club they have huge problems with keeping their regional talent that the other regions don't. As I said, can you name one Gothenburg area kid that Frölunda wanted and didn't get?

Lias Andersson.

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
Quick glance at the players representing the junior national teams throughout the years, many of the players were sought-after and decided to leave the Stockholm area and played games for the U18 national team the year after or second year:

Bergvik, Ward, Bergman, Dahlström, Westlund, Hägg, Bristedt, Brodecki, Fernholm, Pettersson, Possler, Ludvig Nilsson etc.

Tough blow for Rögle but I guess he was never gonna stay long-term anyway..

Stockholm breeds more talent than one club can take in.

Mutze was prefered to Bergvik, which wasnt a good decision in retrospect. Mutze was also a national team player. Samuel Ward (?) is from Nyköping which isnt Stockholm at all.

I don't know which Bergman you're refering to. If it's Julius then he might be born in Stockholm, but he's actually a product of Blekinge...

Carl Dahlström chose DIF, but later moved to Linköping when DIF were relegated after 2 years in the DIF organization.

Wilhelm Westlund chose to leave Stockholm, but at the same time DIF signed up players like Norell, Dahlström, M.Ahnelöv. I've no idea if Westlund would have considered playing for DIF. There's no narrative here.

Robert Hägg (?) is not from Stockholm.

Leon Bristedt went to Linköping for sure. But DIF signed a plethora of national team forwards in that cull. Liljendahl, Lindberg, Andrén, Bergkvist and Garpenlöv. How big of a role could they offer another 95 born forward? The same goes for Brodecki and Ludvig Nilsson. Who knows if DIF even wanted these players at the time?

Really though, it's getting a bit ridiculous. DIF cannot possibly offer all talented and/or national team players going into the J18-age spots on the team every season. The numbers are not, and have never been there.

Sure some players who've they've wanted have left. That will happen in a competitive market, which this is. But it's nowhere near the "kids don't want to play there" or that DIF isn't "competition". That's factually wrong, no ifs or buts.

I'm out.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I'll admit I might have exaggerated things a bit, will be interesting to see with the 99ers though.

This has been an increasing development over the past few years, but as you say, might be due to Dif in Allsvenskan. We'll see.

UB68

Jan 29, 2014
I've heard a rumour,that Alex Nylander is leaving SSK for AIK. He's going to play for their J 20. True or false?

IceMachine

May 29, 2014
I've heard a rumour,that Alex Nylander is leaving SSK for AIK. He's going to play for their J 20. True or false?

Nylander has not been seen at one SSK J18-training so far. Eisenmenger is only training with SSK J20 (even though it's only rehab it seems).

UB68

Jan 29, 2014
Nylander has not been seen at one SSK J18-training so far. Eisenmenger is only training with SSK J20 (even though it's only rehab it seems).

About Eisenmenger. If it's only rehab,why is he in their "sommartrupp"?

attackbjorn

Feb 23, 2013
Sweden
Quoted from another thread

Huddinges HG will be presented 23/6 in hockeymagasinet.se, interesting to see what kind of team they can put together.

HUDDINGE IK

Goalies:
+Emil Zetterqvist (Huddinge IK)
*Fredrik Meurling (Huddinge IK)

Defensemen:
*Pontus Högberg (Huddinge IK, Älta)
*Kevin Westling (Huddinge IK)
*Axel Åström (Huddinge IK)
*Emil Brynvall-Sörvik (Huddinge IK)

Forwards:
*Alexander Tärnström (Huddinge IK, Västerhaninge)
*Christoffer Anrén (Huddinge IK)
*David Ljusbol (Huddinge IK)
*Linus Borgman (Huddinge IK, Tullinge)
*Lucas Rudhage (SDE, Spånga)
*Ludwig Wisten (SDE, Bromma)
*Sebastian Frantz (Hedemora)

http://www.hockeymagasinet.com/hockeynyheter/hg-pa-hm-huddinge-3/

IceMachine

May 29, 2014
Yesterday Huddinge - Täby 2-3 after SD.
Huddinge: Ludwig Wistén, Christoffer Anrén
Täby: Oskar Engström (2), Gustav Jansson

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Alex Nylander rumoured to Huddinge (Sportbladet). Obviously not J18, though, but '98 born.

Anyone know how many and which of these guys are in their club's J20 team already?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad