Axel Kvarnström (FW) Leksand
Elias Jacobs (FW) Leksand
Philip Norberg (FW) Hedemora
Rickard Hugg (C) Hudiksvall via Mora.
Oliver Kandergård (F) Arvika
Rasmus Hedin (C) Almtuna

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Will Malmö keep all their gold medalists? Will they add? Nothing on the big list in post 1.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
LHC is now official:

Goalie
Gusten Lundh, LHC

Defenders
Linus Björk LHC
Oliver Horssell, Almtuna
Joakim Wallin LHC
Henrik Malmström LHC
Alexander Karlsson, LHC

Forwards
Didrik Henbrant, LHC
Pontus Eklöf, LHC
Jonathan Rodensjö, Järfälla
Viktor Johansson, LHC
Emil Westerlund, LHC
Erik Palmqvist, LHC
André Nordstrand, Huddinge
Valdemar Ahlberg, Gentofte (Danmark)

Plus underagers:
Arvid Degerstedt, Vita Hästen (forward)
Anton Björkman, LHC (defender)

http://www2.lhc.eu/artikel/55066/

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Modos is also released. Not on the official website, but a local newspaper. :help:

Goalies:
Isak Wallin, Mora
Per Anderhag, Modo

Defenders:
Linus Öst-Pettersson, Modo
Oskar Sehlin, Modo
Jesper Sellgren, Modo
Jakob Stenqvist, Mora
August Nilsson, DIF

Forwards:
Anton Karlström, Modo
Joel Nordström, Modo
Jesper Ledin, Modo
Oskar Lyrenäs-Ståhl, Björklöven
William Eriksson, Björklöven
Elias Engström, DIF
Tim Wahlgren, Kramfors

Plus underagers:
Tobias Åhström, Modo (forward)
Tom Hedberg, Modo (defender)

UB68

Jan 29, 2014
I just got corrected from a guy working within the Lakers. Apparently they don't give a dime for the players.. That's pretty impressive when you look at the players they've "signed".

Are you sure that Växjö dont give some players money? How did they get A Andersson and L Högberg to sign?

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Are you sure that Växjö dont give some players money? How did they get A Andersson and L Högberg to sign?

I've asked the guy scouting for Växjö that numerous times and he's been very clear that they don't pay anyone anything. Also, Växjö is a pretty sweet town to live in, and both of them will probably see time with the j20-squad. They're pretty good friends too i'd guess.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Växjö is also establishing themselves as a top team in SHL. Could be another reason.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I've asked the guy scouting for Växjö that numerous times and he's been very clear that they don't pay anyone anything. Also, Växjö is a pretty sweet town to live in, and both of them will probably see time with the j20-squad. They're pretty good friends too i'd guess.

Växjö is also establishing themselves as a top team in SHL. Could be another reason.

If I didn't know from Twitter that you are a huge Modo fan I would think you are a Lakers fan! :naughty:

attackbjorn

Feb 23, 2013
Sweden
Don't know if it's official yet, but here's Rögle BK

GK​ Oliver Lindholm ​Rögle BK

Defencemen
Oskar Arvidsson​ Rögle BK
Samuel Jonsson ​Rögle BK
Isac Jernberg ​​Rögle BK

Forward​ Melvin Karlsson ​Rögle BK
Forward ​Johan Zarwel​​ Rögle BK
Forward ​Benjamin Holmquist​ Rögle BK​
Forward​ Adam Swärdh​​ Rögle BK
Forward​ Hugo Klippfors ​Rögle BK​​
Forward ​Edgars Treijs ​​Rögle BK​​
Forward ​Eddie Lindström​ Hanhals IF​​
Forward​ Albin Nilsson ​​IF Troja Ljungby

And then danish 97 born ​Mathias From who might play J20​

Schnurvel

May 16, 2012
Linköping

...yeah, no. Right in the middle of nowhere, no direct connections to larger cities, 99% of the people are a-holes, public transport is a disaster, there is absolutely nothing to do (unless you're a family with small children, or over 70)... As soon as kids turn 18, they escape to other towns. The only people who like it here have either never been anywhere else, or they've come from smaller towns.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
...yeah, no. Right in the middle of nowhere, no direct connections to larger cities, 99% of the people are a-holes, public transport is a disaster, there is absolutely nothing to do (unless you're a family with small children, or over 70)... As soon as kids turn 18, they escape to other towns. The only people who like it here have either never been anywhere else, or they've come from smaller towns.

Going up against Stockholm probably not too good, but that's not really the competition anymore, is it? Kids don't wanna play there. The things you said are also true for Örebro, Karlstad, Linköping, Jönköping, Gävle, Sundsvall, Luleå, Skellefteå, Mora, Leksand.

UB68

Jan 29, 2014

To me,it sounds like you've never been there.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Don't know if it's official yet, but here's Rögle BK

GK​ Oliver Lindholm ​Rögle BK

Defencemen
Oskar Arvidsson​ Rögle BK
Samuel Jonsson ​Rögle BK
Isac Jernberg ​​Rögle BK

Forward​ Melvin Karlsson ​Rögle BK
Forward ​Johan Zarwel​​ Rögle BK
Forward ​Benjamin Holmquist​ Rögle BK​
Forward​ Adam Swärdh​​ Rögle BK
Forward​ Hugo Klippfors ​Rögle BK​​
Forward ​Edgars Treijs ​​Rögle BK​​
Forward ​Eddie Lindström​ Hanhals IF​​
Forward​ Albin Nilsson ​​IF Troja Ljungby

And then danish 97 born ​Mathias From who might play J20​

Interesting. Treijs was picked in the USHL draft by Dubuque Fighting Saints, wonder where he'll be playing next season.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Interesting. Treijs was picked in the USHL draft by Dubuque Fighting Saints, wonder where he'll be playing next season.

That's the danger with the kids who are not from here, their goal is never to make the big club, it's just a stepping stone, even moreso than for the Swedes I would reckon.

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
Going up against Stockholm probably not too good, but that's not really the competition anymore, is it? Kids don't wanna play there. The things you said are also true for Örebro, Karlstad, Linköping, Jönköping, Gävle, Sundsvall, Luleå, Skellefteå, Mora, Leksand.

:help:

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
Well, just look at how many players from Stockholm's TV-pucken teams that leave town.

Does that correspond to his claim?

And how many spots are on the number 1 junior team in Stockholm every year vs. the number of TV-puck players on the Stockholm teams every year?

Come on...

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Yeah, I'm sure Djurgården didn't want:

Alexander Bjurström
André Nordstrand
Jonathan rodensjö
Linus Nässén
Leon Lundberg
Eric Berkerud
August Nilsson
Elias Engström
Alexander Nylander
Alexander Andersson
Linus Höberg
Marcus Seidl

to name a few. Djurgården picks who they want and then the rest of the country gets to pick from the players left over, forced out to the countryside even though they preferred Djurgården.

:laugh:

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
Yeah, I'm sure Djurgården didn't want:

Alexander Bjurström
André Nordstrand
Jonathan rodensjö
Linus Nässén
Leon Lundberg
Eric Berkerud
August Nilsson
Elias Engström
Alexander Nylander
Alexander Andersson
Linus Höberg
Marcus Seidl

to name a few. Djurgården picks who they want and then the rest of the country gets to pick from the players left over, forced out to the countryside even though they preferred Djurgården.

:laugh:

None of which I claimed.

Are you saying William Fällström, Marcus Davidsson, Hugo Danielsson, Filip Larsson etc all had nowhere else to go?

Absolute hyperbole

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
None of which I claimed.

Are you saying William Fällström, Marcus Davidsson, Hugo Danielsson, Filip Larsson etc all had nowhere else to go?

Absolute hyperbole

They probably had, and I'm not saying Djurgården can't get good players and doesn't have a good program. All I'm saying is that there is no other major club who's losing players from their own area that they want. That's not Djurgården's fault, it's the Stockholm city problems with rinks/schools/communications as well as the shiny SHL success stories like Frölunda, Luleå, Skellefteå and HV and Brynäs previously.

Many of the most talented players leave Stockholm. That is an undeniable truth. The list of players I presented contains 12 of the 20 most attractive Sthlm based players, and that's being generous. It's good for Swedish hockey, because Stockholm produces so much talent and others can get a chance, but that doesn't conceal the fact that many of the best don't want to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
They probably had, and I'm not saying Djurgården can't get good players and doesn't have a good program. All I'm saying is that there is no other major club who's losing players from their own area that they want. That's not Djurgården's fault, it's the Stockholm city problems with rinks/schools/communications as well as the shiny SHL success stories like Frölunda, Luleå, Skellefteå and HV and Brynäs previously.

Many of the most talented players leave Stockholm. That is an undeniable truth. The list of players I presented contains 12 of the 20 most attractive Sthlm based players, and that's being generous. It's good for Swedish hockey, because Stockholm produces so much talent and others can get a chance, but that doesn't conceal the fact that many of the best don't want to stay.

I would say that before relegation from the SHL, Djurgården in recent years mostly got who they wanted from the Stockholm area. A few slipped out of reach but nothing major. Most of the best chose DIF. Something we will probably see again come next spring when the 99's choose their teams.

Kids (and agents) are fickle so there was a downturn after relegation with more talented kids chosing SHL-teams instead. Despite that DIF still has been recruiting succesfully during these 2 years. J.Davidsson and Fällström for example could very well be on the top of their respective culls for example.

If you pick and choose from the 20 best Stockholm players in each birth year, when DIF can never take more than 6 or 7 total, of course you can argue that everyone is leaving Stockholm. So if you have an agenda, which I sort of guess you have considering the hyperbole before. Then you can make what you want of it.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I would say that before relegation from the SHL, Djurgården in recent years mostly got who they wanted from the Stockholm area. A few slipped out of reach but nothing major. Most of the best chose DIF. Something we will probably see again come next spring when the 99's choose their teams.

Kids (and agents) are fickle so there was a downturn after relegation with more talented kids chosing SHL-teams instead. Despite that DIF still has been recruiting succesfully during these 2 years. J.Davidsson and Fällström for example could very well be on the top of their respective culls for example.

If you pick and choose from the 20 best Stockholm players in each birth year, when DIF can never take more than 6 or 7 total, of course you can argue that everyone is leaving Stockholm. So if you have an agenda, which I sort of guess you have considering the hyperbole before. Then you can make what you want of it.

Agenda? What would my agenda be?

Kids don't have agents when they're being recruited for Hockeygymnasium.

Why can they only take 6 or 7? Upper limit is 14.

Problem extends to AIK as well. There are 28 spots for two supposedly attractive teams in the Sthlm area, at least one's been in the SHL at all times.

Again, not saying Dif and AIK don't get the odd good player, but if most truly wanted to be in those clubs and in that city, they would stay and play for those teams. You don't see any Gothenburg kids going anywhere but Frölunda, or even Skåne kids leaving the two Hockeyallsvenskan clubs down there.

If you think most 99'ers will stay in Stockholm just because Dif are back, I think you will look foolish in a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad