New Head Coach search

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Maybe the Devils should double down and get an offensive minded coach?

Like it or not the Devils were at their best as a fast, attacking, counter attack team.

You are not towing your trailer with a Ferrari and your not racing your F-250. Some of the issues this season, with this team, was the attempt to get bigger at the cost of speed.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
If we're not doing a retread and potentially looking outside of the box I am still putting my eggs in the basket of a Swedish man with a magnificent beard.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Guys, they're clearly grooming Sal for the position. That's why they won't shut up about him coaching his kids travel team. All of that experience will be useful at the NHL level.

It also means we get to bring back MacLean to sit between the benches as you studio analyst.

• Haha
Reactions: Patrik26

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Like it or not the Devils were at their best as a fast, attacking, counter attack team.

You are not towing your trailer with a Ferrari and you’re not racing your F-250. Some of the issues this season, with this team, was the attempt to get bigger at the cost of speed.
To be fair it would be fun towing a boat with a Ferrari.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010

You are not towing your trailer with a Ferrari and your not racing your F-250. Some of the issues this season, with this team, was the attempt to get bigger at the cost of speed.
I don’t trust any coach who has a reputation for being “minded” towards one specific area of the game, whether that’s defensive or offensive. Real contenders can win in various different ways, we should be seeking someone who has a track record of winning a lot (in any league).

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
To be fair it would be fun towing a boat with a Ferrari.
A flats skiff...a $100K+ Chittum Skiff behind a Ferrari going down RT1 over the 7 Mile Bridge would be the greatest ad campaign ever!

Screenshot_20240411-102833_1.png

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I think would be open to Dineen being assistant coach vs head coach.

This is going to be one hell of a decision by Fitz because the options are retreads, washups and those completely inexperienced. (A reason why I don't want us to get Bromberg)

CalamityX23

May 2, 2023

I agree with the offensive minded coach.

For my speaking, yes we need to work on our individual defensive play & awareness, leave that to your Defensive coach

Our core is built to be fast and attack minded. Nothing more dangerous than a fast attacking team with organization and predetermined approaches. Let them flourish be an offensive punch

We can have lines be more defensive to help balance.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think would be open to Dineen being assistant coach vs head coach.

This is going to be one hell of a decision by Fitz because the options are retreads, washups and those completely inexperienced. (A reason why I don't want us to get Bromberg)
I think Dineen sucks also. I would have been open to him being interim instead of Green for the rest of this year, but I think he blows and is probably just for the AHL.

I'm okay with a guy with no NHL experience. We don't know he sucks. We already know Green and Dineen suck, and we knew that before they even worked for the Devils.

The Canucks had to have already known he sucked by 2020 or earlier, but they decided to give him $2.75 million on a multi-year contract in 2021, which they had to fire him a couple of months into it.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Sullivan dream is dead.

Go get Leach, Woodcroft or Pando
Disagree. Pitt is not in yet. If they don't make it fans/city etc will want a change. Sullys deal kicks in next yr. Timing wise it's a good walk away juncture

If we're not doing a retread and potentially looking outside of the box I am still putting my eggs in the basket of a Swedish man with a magnificent beard.
Sullys not a retread imo

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Disagree. Pitt is not in yet. If they don't make it fans/city etc will want a change. Sullys deal kicks in next yr. Timing wise it's a good walk away juncture

Sullys not a retread imo

They're not firing him after this last season run that will most likely get them into the playoffs

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Sullys not a retread imo
Where did I say anything about him or even reply to a post about him?

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
No worries, I don't think he's getting fired anyway. I still want Gronborg although I doubt that is even a remote chance.
Fitz I don't think can afford to hire a mystery box coach at this point. He has already made a few coaching mistakes 1) Not firing Ruff when there was a few times over the course of a few seasons to do so 2) When he hired Brunette to be Associate coach, that was the season to let Ruff walk & let Brunnete be our coach for the future. Instead he stayed loyal to Ruff & we lost Brunette who is now doing amazing as a coach elsewhere. Instead we end up with Green who is atrocious. Brunette would of been the perfect coach for us but we let him get away. If Fitz goes for a mystery box hire & he sucks, Fitz is going to be on the hot seat big time. You won't hear fans chanting to fire the coach. You'll hear fire Fitz chants. For those reasons alone Fitz MUST make a hire thats a known winner in this league. A few years ago was the time for mystery boxes. Not today. We can't afford to punt another season.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fitz I don't think can afford to hire a mystery box coach at this point. He has already made a few coaching mistakes 1) Not firing Ruff when there was a few times over the course of a few seasons to do so 2) When he hired Brunette to be Associate coach, that was the season to let Ruff walk & let Brunnete be our coach for the future. Instead he stayed loyal to Ruff & we lost Brunette who is now doing amazing as a coach elsewhere. Instead we end up with Green who is atrocious. Brunette would have been the perfect coach for us but we let him get away. If Fitz goes for a mystery box hire & he sucks, Fitz is going to be on the hot seat big time. You won't hear fans chanting to fire the coach. You'll hear fire Fitz chants. For those reasons alone Fitz MUST make a hire thats a known winner in this league. A few years ago was the time for mystery boxes. Not today. We can't afford to punt another season.
We may have little choices but to make a mystery box hiring.

As long as it isn’t Green. We know he’s horrible. May as well just re-hire Lindy and make him show up while he’s still under contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad