New Guys of 2011-2012

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Which players that have yet to play in the NHL or only played a couple games in the NHL, and that were drafted not too long ago are definatly shoo-ins to make their team for the upcoming NHL season?

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Here's my thoughts

2011 Draft - Landeskog, Larsson, Couterier
2010 Draft - Gudbransson, Johansen, Niederreiter, Connolly, Granlund, Etem,
2009 Draft- B.Schenn, Cowen, Ellis, de Haan, Colborne,
2008 Draft - Loktionov

SidneyRaymond

Jul 2, 2011
Here's my thoughts

2008 Draft - Loktionov

Granlund would definitely be playing if he didn't say he is going to play out his contract.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Here's my thoughts

2008 Draft - Loktionov

FYI Colborne was drafted in 2008

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
Not sure he's quite a shoo-in at this point but Jordan Caron (Boston's 2009 1st-rounder) is a very good bet to make the B's this season right out of the gate... (he played 23 games last season with the big club and will still be a rookie in '11-'12.)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
DSP I think would be a better fit than Etem for the Ducks on that third line.

Yeah. Etem could use one more year. Round out his game. Honestly I'd like to see him go to the AHL, play with tougher competition to get ready for professional play.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
For the Coyotes, OEL should be getting full-time duty, and waiver exemptions run out for Boedker, Turris, MacLean and Tikhonov, so it's put up or shut up time for all of them.

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
Which players that have yet to play in the NHL or only played a couple games in the NHL, and that were drafted not too long ago are definatly shoo-ins to make their team for the upcoming NHL season?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11198/1160986-61.stm

Penguins Kuhnhackl drawing attention with flair, physicality
Sunday, July 17, 2011
By Shelly Anderson, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Tom Kuhnhackl already had a lot going for him -- great bloodlines, good size, some razzle-dazzle in his stickwork and unbridled enthusiasm for hockey.

Yet when the German winger got to Windsor last fall to begin junior hockey, a few months after the Penguins drafted him in the fourth round, he reverted to the all-skill, no-spill European version of the game.

That doesn't wash in Canada.

"I was not playing physical at all," said Kuhnhackl, 19, who just finished his second Penguins development camp. "And then the coaches were talking to me. 'Hey, you're a huge guy. Just finish your hit and play physical.' So I just did that, and now I feel comfortable with that."

A funny thing happened. Once Kuhnhackl began using his 6-foot-2, 180-pound frame more effectively and adjusted to the smaller North American ice surface, his offense soared. He became a strong prospect, albeit one who is still growing physically and learning.

"I just tried to finish every hit. When you finish your check, you can maybe create a turnover and make some offense," Kuhnhackl said.

After a slow start, Kuhnhackl finished with 39 goals and 68 points in 63 games. He had 11 goals and 23 points in 18 playoff games.

"He's a big man who can skate," Penguins assistant to the general manager Tom Fitzgerald said. "He can really rip the puck. He's got good hockey sense. He plays both wings.

"He's a top prospect for us."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11198/1160986-61.stm#ixzz1STb9XN57

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11198/1160986-61.stm#ixzz1STb1JyL9

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
patrice cormier (08 drafted) only played 21 nhl games last season but he should be in the jets lineup on opening night this season

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004

Granlund would have a decent chance of making the Wild roster but he will stay in Finland for one more year.

I can't see Etem making the Ducks team, especially if Selänne continues, and he's definitely not a shoo-in in any case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad