OT: New Goal Song Talk Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
thats the difference between you and me then. I dont need to chant something or boo something or say "you suck" to have fun. I have fun watching my team play.

And that's fine. I won't turn around and say, "Man, anyone who pays 3k + food and beverage is an idiot! Why not just buy a TV and watch from home in HD!" I'll respect whatever your version of fun is.

I'll never turn around and say, "you shouldn't have season tickets!"

There's the parallel.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I continue to love how we deflect responsibility. It's the Devils fault if I/we boo.

Are you there to cheer the song, or the ****ing players busting their ***** out there?

Like ZBC said, who gives a **** what they play. Anyone who boos after (if) we score on the Rangers on 10/19 should really think twice.

It kind of is their fault considering they KNEW this wouldn't go over well. They knew it wouldn't go over well because they already tried it once and got all sort of protests and whining but at least could hide behind the whole 'they didn't want Glitter to get royalties' reasoning, plus Twitter/Facebook/etc wasn't as prevelant the last time they tried this.

Plus they sneak bombed the fans on Opening Night...95% of the crowd probably had no idea they would change the goal song. I might have booed the first playing too if I wasn't prepared for the switch (via TG/this board). When I heard what they actually picked I just laughed.

Before 10/19 they'll have had two weeks of complaining and the fans making their voice heard on multiple mediums. If they run out the same goal song again knowing how divisive taking the song away is they (business ops) deserve what they get. If they try a third goal song well good luck to them, cause I don't want to hear boos either but it's probably inevitable no matter what they pick.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I think that people that buy full season tickets are in it for the hockey game.

I can understand a family going to a game here and there that are there for the experience, chants, fun, something to do, etc.

but when you are buying season tickets, it should be for hockey. not for all the bells and whistles.

thats just my view on it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's amazing then, that 25 or so other venues manage to have fans in the seats at all, without R&RP2...

You're missing one of the key points...we're Jersey fans. We don't like being told what we can and can't chant. Changing a normal goal song is whatever. Changing this one because of the whole you suck thing is trying to tell the paying customers what they can and can't say.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Before 10/19 they'll have had two weeks of complaining and the fans making their voice heard on multiple mediums. If they run out the same goal song again knowing how divisive taking the song away is they (hockey ops) deserve what they get. If they try a third goal song well good luck to them, cause I don't want to hear boos either.

I'd like to think we can all agree that Friday's song and the way they went about it was an abomination.

I'm not of the mind that we must go back to R&RP2, although I think it likely that we will. To me, there are enough legitimate reasons to move past it. Undoubtedly, the team could *and should* have gone about it better, but it is what it is.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
You're missing one of the key points...we're Jersey fans. We don't like being told what we can and can't chant. Changing a normal goal song is whatever. Changing this one because of the whole you suck thing is trying to tell the paying customers what they can and can't say.

That's all speculation, as no one has stated that as fact.

And that said, I'm sorry, it's that typical New Jersey aspect of the "You suck" chant that makes it unappealing to me. *Not offensive*

It's like that ******* who could be losing a fight or an argument and all he can come up with is.... "yeah.... yeah... well you suck"

Forget "We Rock" nonsense... But the adage of "act like you've been there before" means something. There's got to be a way to amp up the crowd that doesn't rely on contrived jeering of the other team. **** them... we've won three cups in (semi) recent memory. We don't need to downplay them because we can be better than any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad