Speculation: New GM (Who would it be?)

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
I think that Holland will ride off into the sunset with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and leave some rebuilding for Ryan Martin. Personally.

Probably will re-up for 3 years, until Datsyuks contract is up in 16-17.

Lots of people were saying the same think with Lidstrom. Holland would step down when Nick retires. Kenny would even joke about it. Yet he's still here and doesn't look ready to leave. Sad to say I think Holland is a lifer in that post until Ilitch passes on and the kids either sell the team or raise the expectation level. A huge organizational overhaul like changing just a long term fixture like Holland is just not likely when ownership isn't very involved anymore.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
No, he is the GM of the Kingston Frontenacs. He stepped down as coach in 2011. Gilmour traded his son in August of 2013.
Interesting. Wasn't paying attention to Kingston for the longest time, didn't know Gilmour had a son in the ohl. So 1 in 10 OHL gms have traded their son....:amazed:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Lots of people were saying the same think with Lidstrom. Holland would step down when Nick retires. Kenny would even joke about it. Yet he's still here and doesn't look ready to leave. Sad to say I think Holland is a lifer in that post until Ilitch passes on and the kids either sell the team or raise the expectation level. A huge organizational overhaul like changing just a long term fixture like Holland is just not likely when ownership isn't very involved anymore.

Yeah, well situations a bit different now.

When Lidstrom retired, he still had Datsyuk and Zetterberg. As long as you have those 2, you'll be a playoff team, even if you suck at your job. You can fail to address the defense, and bring back garbage players, and those two will bail you out because they are that good.

Once they retire he's actually going to have to make things happen, and I don't think he's capable of that anymore. So it would be perfect for him to ride off into the sunset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad