Confirmed with Link: New Era to release Tokyo Katanas cap

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
FYI they only made 150 of these hats, and sold about 100 today. The smallest they have left is 7 1/2. Everything smaller sold out by 2pm. I suggest calling before heading down there.

Presten

Feb 21, 2010
Berlin
If someone can get me one in size 7 1/2 and ship it to Norway I'll add $10 and take you out for some drinks if I'm going up to Buffalo next season (it's time, i have only watched them play in NY and europe). It would have been fun to get to know some of you guys in person :5:

DelpoRafaKilla

May 26, 2011
Dang, can't believe they are almost gone. If someone can get two 7 5/8 for me I would be eternally grateful. Would pay an extra fifty and full shipping.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Dang, can't believe they are almost gone. If someone can get two 7 5/8 for me I would be eternally grateful. Would pay an extra fifty and full shipping.

Like I told the others but it seems to need repeating once more.

YOU call the New Era store tomorrow, if they have your size, I will go pick it up because I am going to already be downtown tomorrow around 11am. I am not getting shirts, coats, other hats, milk or eggs. If they have your size PM me as soon as possible and I'll try my best to get the hat. I'll PM you back so be sure to stay logged in so we can communicate.

I think that's pretty clear now. Good luck :thumbu:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York

YOU call the New Era store tomorrow, if they have your size, I will go pick it up because I am going to already be downtown tomorrow around 11am. I am not getting shirts, coats, other hats, milk or eggs. If they have your size PM me as soon as possible and I'll try my best to get the hat. I'll PM you back so be sure to stay logged in so we can communicate.

Why don't you head on down earlier? see the Sabres practice a bit and stuff too? We can go together, and be best friends forever.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Why don't you head on down earlier? see the Sabres practice a bit and stuff too? We can go together, and be best friends forever.

no_youre_creepy_postcard-p239821613114835345envli_400.jpg

SHO NUFF*

Pretty cool thing for you to do for everyone that can't make it into the store. Sounds like they are all gone, but if somehow they happen have a size 7 turn up while you're there I'd really appreciate it. I'll PayPal you immediately and throw in an extra $20. Same offer for anyone that can score a size 7.

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
Pretty cool thing for you to do for everyone that can't make it into the store. Sounds like they are all gone, but if somehow they happen have a size 7 turn up while you're there I'd really appreciate it. I'll PayPal you immediately and throw in an extra $20. Same offer for anyone that can score a size 7.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I posted that tidbit above cause my buddy went down at 4:30 looking for a 7. The guy told him they were all out of anything smaller than 7 1/2 since 2pm. He even tried one on but it was too big and so he left empty handed. :(

SHO NUFF*

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I posted that tidbit above cause my buddy went down at 4:30 looking for a 7. The guy told him they were all out of anything smaller than 7 1/2 since 2pm. He even tried one on but it was too big and so he left empty handed. :(

Oh well. Maybe there will be a return or something. Hopefully with the popularity they will have a second run. I tweeted the store asking if they could ship, but they didn't respond. I didn't even think to check here until tonight.

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
Oh well. Maybe there will be a return or something. Hopefully with the popularity they will have a second run. I tweeted the store asking if they could ship, but they didn't respond. I didn't even think to check here until tonight.

Only like 5 left in the store. None small enough for my head. I admit I briefly considered buying out the 5 to ebay.

Hrothgar

Jan 19, 2013
Buffalo
I got mine this morning when the store opened. The guy at the desk said that they weren't going to be making anymore hats but that they should get more of the shirts on Monday or Tuesday.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I want to start a beer league team named the Tokyo Katanas now and use this logo. :laugh:

A guy in one of my fantasy leagues uses that as his team name. (Except for last season when he changed it to Lokomotiv Yaroslavl to honor the KHL team whose plane crashed in September 2011 which killed all members of the team aside from one player and a goalie coach who weren't on the plane.) I did email him telling him about the hat - not sure if he went and got one since he hasn't yet returned my email. (Update: Unfortunately he couldn't get down to the store this past weekend to pick one up.)

They should sell this hat again. They would sell alot especially with better promotion like selling these at Sabres games. I know they would have sold three-four more hats just due to me talking about that this hat existed while I was at the game this afternoon. Bring back Taro sign night! and then sell these hats at that game!

Last edited:

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
I was actually going to buy one of the caps - haven't had a New Era cap in like 15 years, but this was just too cool to pass. Guess I probably missed out on that one.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Taro is a great antecdotal story. It's part of Sabre legendary lore and I don't want to take any of the fun away from that.

But a quick review of the 1974 draft records/order shows that Dave Lumley, Stefan Persson and Neil Smith were all taken after Punch's wasted pick of Taro. That's like 7 Stanley Cups or so (Lumley 2 with the Oilers, Persson, 4 with the Isle's and Smith is the brains behind the Rangers '94 Cup)

I remember at the time wondering why we wasted a pick..... (Yeah, I know the Oilers and Isles had a lot more important players on their teams than these guys.)

Just thought it might be a good Sabres trivia question next game that comes up....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad