new crawl or ticker on fox sports north

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Most do. Some TV's have an option somewhere to show the entire field of view. Some don't.

In any case, here's what you do:

Get a couple pieces of velcro. Attach one side of each piece to opposite sides of your TV. Get something opaque enough that it will block any light and long enough to reach from one side of your TV to the other. Attach the other sides of the velcro to that object. During games, use the velcro to put the thing on the TV to cover up the ticker. Boom. No more eye tugging, spoiler spouting piece of garbage.

Also send complaints to fox sports. Repetedly. Eventually they might get the message.

Perfect idea! Did you really do this? Because I really think I might.. I mean I had thought about stacking things up in front of the tv to like block it.. But couldn't find the right objects in the room that would fit in the space provided. lol Awesome idea. You would be a good person to post a nice rant to Foxsportsnorth. Just saying I've always liked your rants. lol Thanks for the idea.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Perfect idea! Did you really do this? Because I really think I might.. I mean I had thought about stacking things up in front of the tv to like block it.. But couldn't find the right objects in the room that would fit in the space provided. lol Awesome idea. You would be a good person to post a nice rant to Foxsportsnorth. Just saying I've always liked your rants. lol Thanks for the idea.

Yep, he has mentioned it previously. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Avder.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.

You can't just stack crap in front of the TV like that cause you'll block the remote controls sensor. but then again if you dont plan on using the mute button for some reason, knock yourself out. It's as good a strategy as any if it meets all your needs.

Yep, he has mentioned it previously. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, Avder.

Yes. Whenever I watch a game on the TV in the living room I do something to cover up the ticker. When I watch a game on my computer which is most of the time, I have a program that is nothing but a resizeable black bar I can drag and cover the ticker with.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
You can't just stack crap in front of the TV like that cause you'll block the remote controls sensor. but then again if you dont plan on using the mute button for some reason, knock yourself out. It's as good a strategy as any if it meets all your needs.

Yes. Whenever I watch a game on the TV in the living room I do something to cover up the ticker. When I watch a game on my computer which is most of the time, I have a program that is nothing but a resizeable black bar I can drag and cover the ticker with.

Yeah it would make sense to mute the tv and not have to listen to the commentators on FSN. I would love to listen to Bob Kurtz while watching the game but thats a little tough to do with hockey becaue the timing is too far off. :( Thanks for the suggestions though. I appreciate it.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yeah it would make sense to mute the tv and not have to listen to the commentators on FSN. I would love to listen to Bob Kurtz while watching the game but thats a little tough to do with hockey becaue the timing is too far off. :( Thanks for the suggestions though. I appreciate it.

If the radio is ahead of the TV, find an internet stream of the game audio that is behind the TV. Then you can pause the game on your DVR and un-pause when the two synch up.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
If the radio is ahead of the TV, find an internet stream of the game audio that is behind the TV. Then you can pause the game on your DVR and un-pause when the two synch up.

A very good idea! Thanks Avder! I for sure am going to do the velcro thing on the TV. Just have to find the right stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad