New Coyotes Jerseys Revealed (post 385)

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I hope it's a kachina style Jersey and I hope the first one says strome on the back.

diceone

Aug 14, 2006
tempe
The Arizona Coyotes announced today that the team will hold a viewing party for the 2015 NHL Entry Draft on Friday, June 26 from 3-7 p.m. at Gila River Arena. The Coyotes will unveil their new home and away jerseys and uniforms for the upcoming 2015-16 season at the Draft party. Doors open at 2:30 p.m. and fans should enter Gila River Arena at the main entrance (Gate 4). The event is free and open to the public.

Looks like the real deal.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Are they just new thirds? Probably just black pajamas.

The press release says a new home and away jersey.

I'm hoping they take the collar/neck/waistband from the kachina and slap it on the current jersey. Something like this:

TFT64Es.jpg

Leave the complete overhaul and the kachina logo to a new 3rd.

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Call my cynical (which I admit I am with this team at this point), but this is just another way to squeeze cash out of the fans when the on-ice product is subpar, because ownership will not spend a reasonable payroll budget to put an NHL team on the ice.

Giving the fans a retro third jersey was a no brainer. The fans loved seeing it on retro night, and throwing it out for 5 home games a year would have been fun. I wager the new uniforms do not include a retro third.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Call my cynical (which I admit I am with this team at this point), but this is just another way to squeeze cash out of the fans when the on-ice product is subpar, because ownership will not spend a reasonable payroll budget to put an NHL team on the ice.

Can we drop this? Where's the top tier UFA that isn't signing in Arizona because there's not enough money? The FA crop sucks. So you're left picking through what another team deems fully expendable.

Of course it's a cash grab. They need revenue. There's a very real chance the team moves if they don't get enough.

I hope it's a complete redesign and not just a tweak.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
It'd be funny if the retro night last year was just a dry run on changing the jerseys back. I doubt that happens but It wouldn't surprise me

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
Can we drop this? Where's the top tier UFA that isn't signing in Arizona because there's not enough money? The FA crop sucks. So you're left picking through what another team deems fully expendable.

Of course it's a cash grab. They need revenue. There's a very real chance the team moves if they don't get enough.

I hope it's a complete redesign and not just a tweak.

Last year the Coyotes spent actual cash payroll of just over $50M, and that includes the dead money on Ribs, Z and Yandle through the end of the year. They only made the cap floor because of Erat's contract.

NO, I will not drop it. There will be plenty of players available for trades who are not UFAs. I venture to guess that ownership will not authorize a budget that allows GMDM to go after those players who would be effective additions because we will probably have a budget of around $58M, which means an effective on ice budget of $54M after paying dead contracts.

I hope ownership proves me wrong. I doubt they will.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Last year the Coyotes spent actual cash payroll of just over $50M, and that includes the dead money on Ribs, Z and Yandle through the end of the year. They only made the cap floor because of Erat's contract.

You are aware that up until this year, teams like Anaheim have had the same payroll or less, yes? Money doesn't fix what is an otherwise ****** roster devoid of talent, with an empty prospect cupboard, with simply more money. Things are tending upward but only because management has gone with a rebuild and (so far) hasn't given in to the temptation to trade all those picks away.

NO, I will not drop it. There will be plenty of players available for trades who are not UFAs. I venture to guess that ownership will not authorize a budget that allows GMDM to go after those players who would be effective additions because we will probably have a budget of around $58M, which means an effective on ice budget of $54M after paying dead contracts.

And how is he going to acquire those players? What assets are the Coyotes overflowing with that they can afford to trade?

You want to eat steak every day on minimum wage.

Last edited:

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
It can't get worse. It really can't. Any change will be for the better.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
If they have any hint of Nordique blue, Seattle blue/green or Sin City references...I'm going to be very concerned!

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
IIRC on Twitter LeBlanc said that the retro 3rd would not be back next season but that they do want to bring it back the season afterwards. If I had to speculate I'd think it was because they want to drive more eyes/business to the new threads.

Anyway, if the reveal shows a black, gold, and white design, then you know for sure the team's heading to Vegas. :laugh:

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
You are aware that up until this year, teams like Anaheim have had the same payroll or less, yes? Money doesn't fix what is an otherwise ****** roster devoid of talent, with an empty prospect cupboard, with simply more money. Things are tending upward but only because management has gone with a rebuild and (so far) hasn't given in to the temptation to trade all those picks away.

And how is he going to acquire those players? What assets are the Coyotes overflowing with that they can afford to trade?

You want to eat steak every day on minimum wage.

With an decent payroll, still well below the ceiling, we went to the WCF. We then shed players because we couldn't afford to pay market value, all the while reducing the payroll. My complaint isn't about what happened 2 or 3 years ago when the Coyotes iced a competitive team, so I'm not sure what your point is.

I do agree you can eat steak on minimum wage. But don't charge NHL prices for an AHL roster.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
I'd be ok with a kachina coyote chewing on a fleur-de-lis while standing on a crashed jet.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

Giving the fans a retro third jersey was a no brainer. The fans loved seeing it on retro night, and throwing it out for 5 home games a year would have been fun. I wager the new uniforms do not include a retro third.

You're cynical:nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad