New Coach: Flyers D Need To Be More Mobile, Younger

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Any scenario where either Grossmann or Schenn are on this team past the deadline is a bad one. Both will be overpaid for too long next summer. What is the point of keeping them?

Gudas was always effective against the Flyers. I don't know how anyone can say he is definitely worse than Grossmann or Schenn. Regardless, his contract in the entire point. Flyers need cost controlled contracts until the prospects develop. That was also the point in resigning Schultz. The rebuild is still ongoing, a new coach and a 32 year old KHLer wasn't the entire rebuild.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
With Grossmann and Schenn, it goes beyond their skill set which doesn't translate well to today's speed game. They just cost too much ($6.9M together)for what they have to offer. At least Gudas is cheap and on a short contract. If he stinks, so what? He's gone in a year. If either Grossmann or Schenn can draw a 3rd round pick or even less, with the Flyers retaining no salary, its a good deal.

DecadesofFutility

May 22, 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
L Schenn just has to devote his off-season to getting faster and younger.

Just do not see the upside of keeping Grossmann or Schenn, they are bottom pairing defensemen who are overpaid.

This defense as a whole is terrible, time to get rid of as much deadwood as possible.

I think Hakstol would prefer faster forwards as well.
Therefore, I would not mind moving some slower and overrated forwards as well at the draft, if we could get 1st round picks for them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad