Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I've been told Gaudette has given up #88 to Nate Schmidt

Schmidt- 88
Gaudette- 8
Holtby 49

Where’d you hear that?

Schmidt getting 88 and Gaudette taking 8 makes sense. Holtby will be interesting - his number 70 was just the first number he was given in camp one year, so I wonder where he looks to for inspiration this time around.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Where’d you hear that?

Schmidt getting 88 and Gaudette taking 8 makes sense. Holtby will be interesting - his number 70 was just the first number he was given in camp one year, so I wonder where he looks to for inspiration this time around.

Im involved in the industry lets just say. I dont know if its finalized yet but im just relaying the information. I havent seen any media/twitter outlets report it yet so im kinda sticking my neck out here but ill gladly eat crow if i was a bit premature and wrong

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Gaudette was #8 in college. Either way, looks weird seeing a different #8.

Reactions: Pip

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'd forgotten Tanev wore #18 as a rookie in 10-11.

The last player besides Tanev to wear #8 for this team was Willie Mitchell. Before Willie? Josef Balej and Eric Weinrich in 05-06. That number has been held by 2 guys for a long time.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019

The last player besides Tanev to wear #8 for this team was Willie Mitchell. Before Willie? Josef Balej and Eric Weinrich in 05-06. That number has been held by 2 guys for a long time.

I wonder why Holtby is going with #49

Pearson's price was probably too high for the #70

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Im involved in the industry lets just say. I dont know if its finalized yet but im just relaying the information. I havent seen any media/twitter outlets report it yet so im kinda sticking my neck out here but ill gladly eat crow if i was a bit premature and wrong
What industry? Jersey number industry?

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
OOOF there's no pleasing people. My apologies for leaking information that clearly you guys already knew already @2011 still hurts @Bgav

and when Holtby announces he is going to be #49 clearly you guys will have already known that information too I bet.

Please feel free to put me on ignore list if you dont wanna read further leaks.

DomY

Aug 11, 2008

Daytona or Submariner?

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
OOOF there's no pleasing people. My apologies for leaking information that clearly you guys already knew already @2011 still hurts @Bgav

and when Holtby announces he is going to be #49 clearly you guys will have already known that information too I bet.

Please feel free to put me on ignore list if you dont wanna read further leaks.
Just bugging you buddy, I wouldn’t mind those number changes

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Just bugging you buddy, I wouldn’t mind those number changes

No sweat, i litterally have no interest in being an insider nor do I claim to be one.

Also, i wasnt being rhetorical when i asked why Holtby being #49 was " most likely" because I tried to find history with Holtby and the number and i couldnt get any info. I was genuinly wondering.

Reactions: Bgav

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Is that the industry of watching his twitch where he said it

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

Then Marek Malik. Then Brashear. Then, I am really stretching myself thin...Gus Adams?

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019

luckily i dont fall in the generation age of finding it entertaining watching other people play video games, which means i dont follow Twitch

However I'm sure twitch has a time stamp and so does my OP.

If Gaudette confirmed he is switching to #8 before i made my OP then feel free to discredit me.

Same goes if Holtby has already confirmed he will be #49.

Like i said i have no interest in becoming an insider.

I do find it fascinating though that some posters are more interested in discrediting a source like me rather than the information itself.

Last edited:

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014

He definitely posted this thread before he even started his stream, so that’s that.

#8 fits Gaudette. Still hoping we put him on the wing; it’ll solve our second line winger problem and I think he’ll be even better on the wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad