New CBA discussion thread

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Would be willing to bet almost all of them are on their last contract. I didn't realize Toews was not happy with things still.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
NHLPA Votes in favor 98%, officially ratifies the CBA. Now all that's left is some type of memorandum between the two parities (should be done shortly), and after that trades etc can commence within 2 hrs. Could be a fun night.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413376

^ Hilarious that there's still 2% that wanted to hold out for more. At least the other 98 percents greed isn't that extreme and we will have hockey. Hoping for an exciting few days now...

I wonder who is in that 2%?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
i'm trying to figure out the ramifications of the fact that teams can "retain salaries in trades" or whatever, ie whether it's a good thing or bad thing, and how/if wealthy teams can exploit it.

thoughts?

all i can come up with is that wealthy teams that are rebuilding can turn excess cap space/$ into assets.

but rich teams that are close to ceiling already... ie the pens main competition... can they exploit this somehow?

Ta-daaa:

http://tracking.si.com/2013/01/12/new-york-rangers-wade-redden-permission/?sct=uk_t2_a6

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
i'm trying to figure out the ramifications of the fact that teams can "retain salaries in trades" or whatever, ie whether it's a good thing or bad thing, and how/if wealthy teams can exploit it.

thoughts?

all i can come up with is that wealthy teams that are rebuilding can turn excess cap space/$ into assets.

but rich teams that are close to ceiling already... ie the pens main competition... can they exploit this somehow?

it mostly allows rich teams to rebuild faster and get rid of players they don't want if they are willing to eat some cap space. But they have to use the cap space to do it, so its not just money it does handicap them competitively. Otherwise, it just allows teams willing to give up extra assets to really sell out to try to win right now, but not just the rich teams.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
MOU is signed, transactions can begin in 2 hours, schedule should come out within the hour, camps open tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad