News Article: New Canucks DJ

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
The current DJ left citing “creative differences” lol. You’re a DJ…. How many real tough decisions were there?

Someone probably told her to put the goal song back to the way it was and she threw a fit. Remember when she first took over and people kept asking for Holiday and she said she'd only do it if a petition with enough signatures came through? I mean, I know it's not really a big deal but I doubt any teams DJ has any real requests for a goal song, but when there's enough to warrant that kind of response, just do it. Don't act high and mighty about it.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Someone probably told her to put the goal song back to the way it was and she threw a fit. Remember when she first took over and people kept asking for Holiday and she said she'd only do it if a petition with enough signatures came through? I mean, I know it's not really a big deal but I doubt any teams DJ has any real requests for a goal song, but when there's enough to warrant that kind of response, just do it. Don't act high and mighty about it.

I never understood the significance of a DJ in today’s day and age. With the world being digitized …. I’m shocked there’s not a 12 year older kid pressing a button when someone scores a goal.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I never understood the significance of a DJ in today’s day and age. With the world being digitized …. I’m shocked there’s not a 12 year older kid pressing a button when someone scores a goal.

Your last few posts would indicate you're quite ignorant to the DJ world - there's nuance and skill to most every facet in life.

But to the real point - you watch a Vegas game and the entertainment is through the roof and it comes down to all the details including the music provided by a DJ. I wouldn't even say it's a small detail since it adds such an enormous element to the atmosphere at a game. I know, shocking.

Reactions: lousy

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Let's just get someone to put a couple big shiny tunes cds into a 6 disc changer, pop that bitch on shuffle and there you go.

Reactions: Fedz

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
How come the REAL "DJ" isn't a candidate (to further ingratiate the Canucks with their former superstar Pavel Bure?):

800px-Candace_Cameron_Bure_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

(DJ Tanner as portayed by Candace Cameron Bure)

:sarcasm:

Reactions: The Vasili Jerry

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Your last few posts would indicate you're quite ignorant to the DJ world - there's nuance and skill to most every facet in life.

But to the real point - you watch a Vegas game and the entertainment is through the roof and it comes down to all the details including the music provided by a DJ. I wouldn't even say it's a small detail since it adds such an enormous element to the atmosphere at a game. I know, shocking.

“Nuance and skill” lol.

your job is replaced by a $99 iPod shuffle.
Relax kiddo.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
“Nuance and skill” lol.

Relax kiddo.

“Nuance and skill” lol.

Relax kiddo.

No, dude. That's the ignorance from you again. I'm sure being a DJ is a simple start up but there's thousands of young adults aspiring to play in front of a huge crowd at a festival. That alone should tell you it's rather competitive and difficult. You could play your iPod shuffle (didn't know that was still a thing), but no one wants to listen to your old ass ACDC tracks. I think being a DJ means you create and synthesize your own music nowadays...unless you're some over the hill wedding DJ that never adapted to change.

By the way, being a kiddo is long gone for me. I have my own now who can bounce these ideas around. And also I'm not a DJ nor am I related or befriended to a DJ, so your belief that my opinion somehow has an emotional attachment to DJ's ain't it either.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Play old school mixed in with some of today’s music.

The Canucks should come out to Naughty by Nature’s “Hip Hop Hooray”

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
No, dude. That's the ignorance from you again. I'm sure being a DJ is a simple start up but there's thousands of young adults aspiring to play in front of a huge crowd at a festival. That alone should tell you it's rather competitive and difficult. You could play your iPod shuffle (didn't know that was still a thing), but no one wants to listen to your old ass ACDC tracks. I think being a DJ means you create and synthesize your own music nowadays...unless you're some over the hill wedding DJ that never adapted to change.

By the way, being a kiddo is long gone for me. I have my own now who can bounce these ideas around. And also I'm not a DJ nor am I related or befriended to a DJ, so your belief that my opinion somehow has an emotional attachment to DJ's ain't it either.

Sounds like you’re an angry DJ. If I had the nuance and skill to do it, I would press the play button on the audio from family feud “strike” sound.

E40

Nov 18, 2018
I always thought ‘Walk this way’ by Run dmc and Aerosmith would make a great goal song. The catchy guitar riff seems cool enough to get the crowd jacked with each goal

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Here's my small sample list of what my sets would sound like. I don't think I would get hired. I'm too old school and I really have no knowledge of current popular music.

JimmyJiveJones

Jan 28, 2019
I would love to see the Canucks come out to Triple H's Theme music. Edges Theme music before puck drop.(used to be a huge WWE fan) I would be playing music fans could sing to, Journey Dont Stop Believing is always a popular one, Jon Bon Jovi. with some of the 90s hits mixed in with some new hits.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Wasn't Barron S FAQ's niece? Or was that just a twitter rumour?
The Twitter rumor if anything was that they were romantically linked, but she is his niece. I learned this from someone who worked for the club and met her in that context, but they've obviously done what they can to keep this under wraps.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
You mean like all popular music, for the past 60 years?

I find it funny when older people criticize new age music. The same crap has been thrown out there for generations, the music changes but the issues always stay the same. Probably relates to that study suggesting that people stop caring about discovering new music after they hit around 33 years old.

Reactions: Nucker101 and m9

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Right now, in terms of hip-hop I find that most of the current stuff put out by male rappers is (to me) insufferably boring repetitive auto-tuned crap, while at the same time female rappers are putting out a lot of raucous, fun, original storytelling which is actually really excellent. Maybe it just seems fresher because it's a newer phenomenon.

Reactions: E40 and Vector

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Right now, in terms of hip-hop I find that most of the current stuff put out by male rappers is (to me) insufferably boring repetitive auto-tuned crap, while at the same time female rappers are putting out a lot of raucous, fun, original storytelling which is actually really excellent. Maybe it just seems fresher because it's a newer phenomenon.

I'm very happy I'm not the only one who noticed this. Female rappers tend to actually rap too instead of auto-tune mumble-rap everything.

Personally, I have never cared who was choosing the music and my personal tastes for what to play at a hockey game have been outdated my entire life. I'd just put on Tragically Hip, cross my arms, and stare defiantly. I also know I'm wrong about this.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm very happy I'm not the only one who noticed this. Female rappers tend to actually rap too instead of auto-tune mumble-rap everything.

Yeah, it feels like there is a lot of talent blowing up with a lot of topics to mine and a lot of stuff to say after decades of being a totally male-dominated industry ... and yeah, they're actually rapping.

It feels like male rappers have hit a dead end after 20 years and 65145 songs about uzis/bricks of cocaine/wads of cash/feuds (not that songs about those things didn't use to be awesome) and are relying on production tricks to try and generate anything 'new'. Someone needs to really have a breakthrough doing something really original to push the whole industry forward.

Personally, I have never cared who was choosing the music and my personal tastes for what to play at a hockey game have been outdated my entire life. I'd just put on Tragically Hip, cross my arms, and stare defiantly. I also know I'm wrong about this.

I would have nothing but an old school pipe organ on max volume during every break old Chicago Stadium-style, and likewise I know I am wrong about this.

Reactions: Vector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad