News Article: New Canucks DJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
DJ Heer is one of the dumbest Canucks fans I've seen on Twitter. I wouldn't trust him with any job, even if that job is clicking a button on a computer every 4-1/2 minutes.

Reactions: Peter10 and Peen

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
DJ Heer is one of the dumbest Canucks fans I've seen on Twitter. I wouldn't trust him with any job, even if that job is clicking a button on a computer every 4-1/2 minutes.
I don’t know him, but if he’s a Twitter troll then that’s a no from me, dawg.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The current DJ left citing “creative differences” lol. You’re a DJ…. How many real tough decisions were there?

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Anytime someone leaves a position now I wonder if it had something to do with them being anti vaxx or against the mandate or whatever.

Plus with the Canucks the staff turnover seemed to be a big thing even before covid so one wonders what's going on there.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
What exactly are we looking for in a DJ here? They all play the same crappy top 40 and classic rock songs we have heard thousands of times. May as well put the hottest girl you could find in there.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Whoever is the new DJ, they need to get a better skate out song(s) than "Get, get, get, get, get, get loud for me." Horrendous, horrendous choice that was. The best venue I've been to for the production value has been the Staples Center (I've only been to MSG, Rogers Arena, Honda Center, and Staples Center) and they go with rock. I'd be down for something like the intros to these for the Canucks to skate out to:

Reactions: Peter10

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Play old school hip hop, we want the Canucks to be thugged out.
That's actually not a bad idea content wise. Hip Hop today is an absolute joke that relies on image and marketing to con young people into listening, When SNL does Hip Hop parodies, it sounds remarkably close to the real thing.

Don't like hip hop or rap, but I can appreciate what Public Enemy and NWA did back in the day, and it had a cool sound, with some creative musical elements. Not much musical content in what is produced today.

Not really sure if they play old school, but they probably steer clear of tracks like f*** the Police and Straight outta Compton.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
What exactly are we looking for in a DJ here? They all play the same crappy top 40 and classic rock songs we have heard thousands of times. May as well put the hottest girl you could find in there.
I think they need to get somebody that can change it up, and cover all the genres.....For years, all you heard at Canuck games was Z95/top 40/dance music...which is not entirely conducive to hockey..and DJ Barrons techno version of 'Sweet Caroline' was 100% ouch...

Reactions: MarkMM

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I like the idea of it being an ex-player or a hockey-tangent personality like Eddie Lack or Shane O'Brien listed in the article.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Does it matter who it is? Sounds like playlists were decided by Francesco anyways.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
DJ MDZ

upload_2021-9-4_14-13-28.png

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
The current DJ left citing “creative differences” lol. You’re a DJ…. How many real tough decisions were there?

These things happen when Meddling Frankie Blueberries is your boss. Not even the popcorn vendor is safe.

Whoever is the new DJ, they need to get a better skate out song(s) than "Get, get, get, get, get, get loud for me." Horrendous, horrendous choice that was. The best venue I've been to for the production value has been the Staples Center (I've only been to MSG, Rogers Arena, Honda Center, and Staples Center) and they go with rock. I'd be down for something like the intros to these for the Canucks to skate out to:

Anything with Chris Cornell I would be all for, but I doubt we go with anyone from with Seattle now.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
These things happen when Meddling Frankie Blueberries is your boss. Not even the popcorn vendor is safe.

Anything with Chris Cornell I would be all for, but I doubt we go with anyone from with Seattle now.
The Ducks use Bro Hymn by Pennywise for their goal song but the band members are all from LA county (South Bay area and Long Beach). I have some friends who are Kings fans who get pissed at that. Haha.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Of those listed in the article, DJ MDZ would be an interesting pick. He knows the players so theoretically he knows what music would get the Canucks players amped up. But last time he was here DJing for the team the team had limited on-ice success. It is a different group though and he might be better the second time around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad