New Arenas in the KHL-VHL-MHL Part II

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Looks like Ava and Kuznya will finish their arenas on the similar timeline even though one was built from ground up and the other needed wall repaint and a seat change :laugh:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Does the government pay for all arenas in KHL or is it also arenas built with private capital?
Who will own this arenas if government pays for everything?
It is usually a property of the city or regional government or some company operating the arena. If I know, CSKA Arena at Avtozavodskaya street is owned by Inter RAO Group - affiliated to CSKA via Boris Kovalchuk & Igor Sechin. The new CSKA Arena u/c is connected to the Ministry of Defence. New Arena Omsk is co-financed by GazpromNeft. The new SKA Arena u/c is co-financed by Gazprom. So, it is how it works with financing of the arenas constructions.

Reactions: Rigafan and Fjorden

ult

Sep 21, 2009
New arena in Perm for 10500 seats is in the works, with input from KHL and FIBA, the construction should start in 2022 with 2024 as a finish date.

756395708580626.jpg

Названы сроки начала строительства спортивной арены на 10,5 тыс. зрителей

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
As ult mentioned, construction of a new venue in Nizhny Novgorod will start this year. Anyone excited to see how this turns out?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
As ult mentioned, construction of a new venue in Nizhny Novgorod will start this year. Anyone excited to see how this turns out?
How do you mean this? Yeah, it is great they start building it, Torpedo is the last team with a very old venue.

KHL-Arenas-01-01-2022.png

Btw, just reading that CSKA Arena should have around 14.000 seats.

ult

Sep 21, 2009

You should look at Humo Arena in Tashkent and expect pretty much the same, but with a slight variation of the exterior. Overall I am not particularly excited about it. Because at the time when it will be ready, there will be a dozen arenas like that in KHL. It will suffice. Also, it is long overdue.

How do you mean this? Yeah, it is great they start building it, Torpedo is the last team with a very old venue.

Btw, just reading that CSKA Arena should have around 14.000 seats.

So it went up from 13k when they last talked about it. Still, I'll wait for the official renders before making any conclusions.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
So it went up from 13k when they last talked about it. Still, I'll wait for the official renders before making any conclusions.
Of course, it is just some article in media, nothing official. The question remains - it there enough space for such a venue? And what will be capacity for a hockey game?

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Of course, it is just some article in media, nothing official. The question remains - it there enough space for such a venue? And what will be capacity for a hockey game?

There is enough space for a 14k arena if we compare it to the Omsk Arena. If it was New York, they would probably be able to build a 20k seater in such tight space.

3BxncC4.jpg

Also, yes, they mean 14k for hockey.

Reactions: vorky

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Thanks. Good to hear they mean 14k for hockey. Avangard & Sibir should go with such a venue as well but it is too late now.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
I don't want to start a political discussion but is the war expected to impact the construction of any of these new arenas in terms of funding or availability of materials?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I don't want to start a political discussion but is the war expected to impact the construction of any of these new arenas in terms of funding or availability of materials?
As for funding there might be an issue due to inflation and increasing costs, so here it depends on who is funding the construction: for example Avangard arena is funded by the Gazprom corporation, so obviously no issue with money for them, but the new Torpedo arena is mostly funded by the local government, so there are already rumors about some possible delays. As for the availability of materials it shouldn't be an issue, as those are mostly produced in Russia.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
The constuction is on schedule and never stopped. If there are any issues, they aren't known and do not visibly impact the construction.

St Petersburg

WDbioTC.jpg

Yekaterinburg

fairOFK.jpg

2ZGTjRY.jpg

Omsk

dO77kde.jpg

JQE36ZI.jpg

9gmo909.jpg

Novosibirsk

LkLJEHj.jpg

XVeA4bK.jpg

Reactions: Rigafan

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Those are huge projects of federal importance, those will be the last ones to be affected. Regional projects, like VHL arenas, will feel it much more.

Not to beat the dead horse but is the Novokuznetsk arena facelift, 3 years in the making, done yet?

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad