New arenas in Finland

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Tampere as the hockey hub of Finland deserves a good arena. Quite massive complex, and literally in the very center of the city, perfect location.
39-88725961a8c23177eb1

uroslive.jpg

Reactions: Exarz and Jussi

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Sorry, but the ice is terrible. They should do something with it. Less is sometimes more.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
It really looks stunning based on the pictures, I'm going to one of the games in January to take a closer look myself (plus, haven't been to a live Liiga game in a few years now).

Sorry, but the ice is terrible. They should do something with it. Less is sometimes more.

What Jussi previously said, the on-ice advertisements were made for the whole season so they had to transfer over to the new arena. Hopefully they get it sorted for next season.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The point is generally with on-ice advertising in European leagues. It is a huge problem. It looks like there are not limits, clubs can do whatever they want. As I know the NHL & KHL have strict rules on it. When I look at the Czech league game, it is a disaster. Even the best Czech journalist, working for public TV, says it is a problem for televisions. As he says, the televisions have tried to talk to the league about ad-limits .. without results. Simply the clubs & leagues are unable to come with something more fans-friendly. The European club hockey will not move on with status quo.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
The point is generally with on-ice advertising in European leagues. It is a huge problem. It looks like there are not limits, clubs can do whatever they want. As I know the NHL & KHL have strict rules on it. When I look at the Czech league game, it is a disaster. Even the best Czech journalist, working for public TV, says it is a problem for televisions. As he says, the televisions have tried to talk to the league about ad-limits .. without results. Simply the clubs & leagues are unable to come with something more fans-friendly. The European club hockey will not move on with status quo.
I think it's just a "bigger" problem in Finland and in the Czech Republic as you mentioned. Sweden and from what I've seen both Germany and Switzerland use more "discreet" ads on the ice that don't disturb the view too much. I agree that it can be made better but I'll leave it there as we're moving away from the topic.

Reactions: vorky

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It really looks stunning based on the pictures, I'm going to one of the games in January to take a closer look myself (plus, haven't been to a live Liiga game in a few years now).

What Jussi previously said, the on-ice advertisements were made for the whole season so they had to transfer over to the new arena. Hopefully they get it sorted for next season.

The new arena has technology that Hakametsä didn't when it comes to digital ads on the boards for example, in theory they could use those to reduce on-ice ads, at least in size for next season.

Reactions: Exarz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad