New arenas in Finland

Kiekkofani

Mar 10, 2019
UROS LIVE, @Tampere, has 15,000 capacity with some of the top VIP-slots in max configuration, hockey events requires 28x60 ice space resulting into 13,500 capacity.

Reactions: Exarz

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
All complaints handled with Helsinki Garden, cleared to begin building. Only took 9 years... :shakehead

At first I was like it can't be that long, but it actually has been. I am still expecting something to go wrong. I think people from Töölö will make some complaint, which will slow down the beginning of construction. People like that parking lot a lot. It honestly got my blood boiling when some people defended this location by saying that the central park starts from there. Like that is straight up lying.

I honestly would have built this arena to the originally suggested place, across the street from the Opera house. Better location public transportation-wise and that space is also wasted as a parking lot. Just put that shit underground and you can have even more parking space by building more levels.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
At first I was like it can't be that long, but it actually has been. I am still expecting something to go wrong. I think people from Töölö will make some complaint, which will slow down the beginning of construction. People like that parking lot a lot. It honestly got my blood boiling when some people defended this location by saying that the central park starts from there. Like that is straight up lying.

I honestly would have built this arena to the originally suggested place, across the street from the Opera house. Better location public transportation-wise and that space is also wasted as a parking lot. Just put that shit underground and you can have even more parking space by building more levels.

I think those have been covered already. If I've understood the complaint process correctly, you can't file a complaint about the same issue multiple times. If someone has complained about parking and it's been handled and rejected, that's it.

Reactions: Stubu

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I think those have been covered already. If I've understood the complaint process correctly, you can't file a complaint about the same issue multiple times. If someone has complained about parking and it's been handled and rejected, that's it.

I hope you are right. I am always confused how these processes go.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
UROS LIVE, @Tampere, has 15,000 capacity with some of the top VIP-slots in max configuration, hockey events requires 28x60 ice space resulting into 13,500 capacity.

The arena CEO was interviewed in Jääkiekkolehti's this month's issue and he said that if the rink is 26 meters wide, then the capacity would be around 13 500. If it's 28 meters wide, then the capacity would be around 13 300.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Beginning to look like that the name of the Tampere arena might change, if not soon, but in the future, thanks to shenanigans involving Uros accounting.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland

Looks great. Only thing I would change is having less grey colors. The scenery outside will be grey most of the hockey season, doesn't have to be the same on the inside as well.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Well predictably Uros are gone from the arena name and they're lo0oking for a new sponsor.
As a complete swing to the opposite direction, Sanoma could become the name sponsor and christen the arena as "Me Naiset Love".

Or perhaps the plural form could be even more striking... "Meidän Naisten Lovet".

Reactions: Stubu and Jussi

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
The telecommunications company Nokia is the new name sponsor of Tampere arena. The venue will be known as Nokia Arena from now on.

A fun fact: Nokia is also a town of about 30,000 people located to the west of Tampere, a part of the Greater Tampere region. Cue all the jokes about Ilves and Tappara being relocated to Nokia...

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The telecommunications company Nokia is the new name sponsor of Tampere arena. The venue will be known as Nokia Arena from now on.

A fun fact: Nokia is also a town of about 30,000 people located to the west of Tampere, a part of the Greater Tampere region. Cue all the jokes about Ilves and Tappara being relocated to Nokia...

Only Finns would know this though.

Infinitely better sponsor and name for the arena. Nokia used to be the sponsor for this place too: Microsoft Theater – Wikipedia

Arena now has a website: Etusivu - Nokia Arena

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Three short-time NHL players have been born in Nokia.

Ari Haanpää (Islanders 1985-88)
Anssi Salmela (Devils and Thrashers 2008-11)
Otto Koivula (currently 4th season in Islanders organization, only NHL games in 2019-20)

Also born there was current Flyers scout Sami Sandell.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Petri Kontiola shot this:

On-ice advertisement is the same as at Hakametsä, since the contracts are signed for the whole season.

bdd58dfe-6bf2-45e9-a6fc-283eb5506865-jpeg.20289

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Even a nice arena can be such a disasterous ice surface. This is an example. :thumbd:

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
Three short-time NHL players have been born in Nokia.

Ari Haanpää (Islanders 1985-88)
Anssi Salmela (Devils and Thrashers 2008-11)
Otto Koivula (currently 4th season in Islanders organization, only NHL games in 2019-20)

Also born there was current Flyers scout Sami Sandell.

I thought Juuso Välimäki was born in Nokia. Grew up in there atleast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->