Nevin Markwart

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I loved Nevin Markwart, hit everything in sight, never gave up and would fight anybody.

Terry O'Reilly
Kenny Linseman
Jay Miller
Lyndon Byers
Chris Nilan's time here was entertaining
Bruce Shoebottoms limited time here was awesome.
Randy Burridge
Michael Thelven
Dave Poulin is a good choice, Bergeron reminds me of him
Seaweed Pettie
P.J. Stock
Brian Curran

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bobby Joyce was one of my all time fav Bruins...that 87-88 Cup run was magical.

Always rooted for Landon Wilson. Liked Troy Mallette in his one season. Darin Kimble in his one season. Belanger and Baumgartner were favorites here for me as well. Moe Lemay. Greg Hawgood. Reed Larson was an all time fav. Rob DiMaio ..

I was selling real estate when he was here and I showed Landon Wilson a few condos. Truly a great guy. Polite, funny, the requisite beautiful fiancée, who was just as nice as he was.

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Loved watching Nevin Markwart and Lyndon Byers play. Two good guys played junior in my hometown and would not back down from anyone.

I also liked Joe Juneau in his short time in Boston. Soft player but had amazing hands.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Always had a soft spot for Nick Boynton. I may ve wrong about this, but I believe he took on Peter Worrell in defense of a teammate at one point, which at the time was akin to suicide for him.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Always had a soft spot for Nick Boynton. I may ve wrong about this, but I believe he took on Peter Worrell in defense of a teammate at one point, which at the time was akin to suicide for him.

He did. Nick is a great choice, didn't fit the Sinden model, in other words he wanted money. Also a big Dropkick Murphys fan.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
I believe he did. Boynton was a among my faves if some of you recall around here. ;) He's going to be part of the Coyotes radio broadcast team this season.

Oates was my first favorite player. DiMaio, Donato, Belanger, Stock, Jonathan Girard, Tim Taylor, Robbie Tallas were among my favorites over the years.

Drawing a blank who played on the line with DiMaio and Taylor... ? That was one of my favorite lines. Thinking Axelsson?

Prospect wise were Wilson, Jay Henderson, Colton Orr, Kevin Dallman.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Dating myself, but loved watching Al Secord.

Someone else mentioned Michael Thelven too. A defense with Bourque and a healthy Kluzak and Thelven would have been very very hard to match.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Dating myself, but loved watching Al Secord.

Someone else mentioned Michael Thelven too. A defense with Bourque and a healthy Kluzak and Thelven would have been very very hard to match.

Remember when Thelven broke Stephan Richer's thumb in the playoffs? Original montreal 911 moment. How a/b Reed Larson? He couldn't score 20 feet out from the net, but somehow used to score from the red line. Did it twice in one season.

Secord will always be one of those Bruins who got away.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Remember when Thelven broke Stephan Richer's thumb in the playoffs? Original montreal 911 moment. How a/b Reed Larson? He couldn't score 20 feet out from the net, but somehow used to score from the red line. Did it twice in one season.

My seats were in the balcony behind the net, Larson had a shot tipped once that hit the back wall of the balcony, only puck in 10 years of season tickets that ever went over my head and it was screaming, one of the hardest shots I have ever seen.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My seats were in the balcony behind the net, Larson had a shot tipped once that hit the back wall of the balcony, only puck in 10 years of season tickets that ever went over my head and it was screaming, one of the hardest shots I have ever seen.

He had that rep and I think in Detroit he was called the 'shot'....but he was near the end of the line. Also, what I remembered was he had no teeth. I was so jacked when we got him but he was pretty much cooked.

Edastrand had a pretty hard shot as well.

remember Kraig Neinhuis? he was there with Markwart I believe.

Markwart should have been around for years- one of the great middleweight or flyweight fights of all time was him and George McPhee. McPhee could really throw them.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Always appreciated the Burridge/Heinz time

Keith Crowder was a fun one to watch too, his brother Bruce joined him at some point and was also fun to watch but not as fun as Keith who was tough as nails and could produce pts

Middleton was THE reason I became a fan, Dad loved the Habs (misguided fool), said he loved Lafleur and his hair flyin as he was skating, well, RM didn`t have quite as much hair, but I loved his game and RM was tougher than most remember, wasn`t just a guy who could score.

Love Nifty, great Bruin, great Bruins alumnus(now president of the BBAA). I had the privilege of skating opposite him in some alumni games(for the MIT alumni). Try to take him wide and he'll just wiz a snap shot past your shoulder and into the top short side corner. Still got it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXHi6kdQdUQ

Big fan of Stump as well.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

I totally forgot about that. Now I have a big ____ eating grin on my face and will for the rest of the day!!! Thanks. :laugh:

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
He had that rep and I think in Detroit he was called the 'shot'....but he was near the end of the line. Also, what I remembered was he had no teeth. I was so jacked when we got him but he was pretty much cooked.

Edastrand had a pretty hard shot as well.

remember Kraig Neinhuis? he was there with Markwart I believe.

Markwart should have been around for years- one of the great middleweight or flyweight fights of all time was him and George McPhee. McPhee could really throw them.

McPhee and Markwart had a helluva fight. Markwart fought Neely,McSorley,McRae,Kocur-big balls.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Lol, Nevin Markwart. Back in '89 or so, I was working in Quincy near where Markwart lived. A buddy of mine came into work and said "You won't believe what I just saw! Nevin Markwart was roller blading over the Fore River Bridge from Weymouth to Quincy!" Since the Fore River Bridge had a pedestrian sidewalk, I asked him what the big deal was. He said "Dude, he was in the traffic lane!!"

Kamikaze Kid indeed.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Really glad a bunch of you responded - and liked Markwart. Just reading a bunch of these names brings back some great memories. Sammy was electric but . Boyton and Muzz were my favourite from that team. Jay Miller. Crowder. Someone mentioned Secord! Loved him with the Hawks but always had that 'shoulda stayed a bruin feeling'. Happy they had iafrate for a few weeks.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Wasn't Dave Reid's hockey stick around 7 feet long? :laugh:

I remember that too. They'd show a view of the bench and the extra sticks would be in the shot and Reid's would be a foot or so taller than the rest.

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
Glen Murray and Nick Boynton are two favorites of mine. Those late 90's-early 2000's teams are filled with guys I liked a lot. Ken Belanger, Rob DiMaio, and Anson Carter are others that come to mind.

hutch22

Jan 10, 2004
Waterville, Maine
Visit site
I didn't see Johnny "Pie" McKenzie's name mentioned so...I had a picture of him with his stick up a guy's jersey and the guy was lifted up off the ice pinned up against glass...classic...Terry O'Reilly was my old time favorite though, Cam Neely a close second.

Central Scrutinizer

Lord of Song
Jan 6, 2010
montreal
Bobby Joyce was one of my all time fav Bruins...that 87-88 Cup run was magical.

Always rooted for Landon Wilson. Liked Troy Mallette in his one season. Darin Kimble in his one season. Belanger and Baumgartner were favorites here for me as well. Moe Lemay. Greg Hawgood. Reed Larson was an all time fav. Rob DiMaio ..
Wonder what Murray Baron thinks of Troy Mallette?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad